MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Dream expectations for the first album? 

Mine:

LP1: Original album remastered 

LP2: Unreleased demos and deleted tracks 

LP3: Live tracks from the promo tour (ie Uncle Sam's) 

Blu-ray featuring all music videos and live performances

A boy can dream. 

And a boy should dream. :)

Here's how I'd like to see the vinyl box:

LP1: Madonna- Remastered. Original black/white cover
LP2: Extended versions, alternate versions, edits and demos. 1985 "The First Album" cover.
LP3: Continuation of LP2. Original Lucky Star cover.

Bluray with remastered videos, the album remixed in 5.1 and the Club Sam gig. Interviews and other treasures.

A hardcover book with pictures and stories of Madonna's early days and the making of the album.

Mine:

A boy can dream. 

YES! This is what I want, but I could care less about a Blu-ray disc. We need the album remastered. And we need a whole second disc of all the demos and unreleased! Live tracks would be a treat as well but I’d even be satisfied if that was left off. We just need as many unreleased and demos as they can find!

Mine:

A boy can dream. 

I've said this before but something like what Garbage have done for thier first 3 albums 20th anniversaries and Kylie with her PWL reissues in 2015 would be good

Garbage Debut album

https://www.discogs.com/release/7801730-Garbage-Garbage

deluxe edition 3x180 gram records.
- a digital download card featuring all 12 tracks + g sides.
- a limited edition 12-page LP-size fan-generated zine 

Garbage 2nd Album

https://www.discogs.com/release/12172591-Garbage-Version-20
Deluxe Edition - 3 LP set
Garbage's second studio album
180 gm Vinyl - Exclusive limited "Special" poster
Plus B-Side compilation - Includes download card, stickers and a condom -all placed in a box with magnetic lock.

This release was also sold in Australia and New Zealand.

Copies sold via the band's website came with an exclusive globe slip mat and blue 20th Anniversary Version 2.0 t-shirt.

Garbage 3rd album 

https://www.discogs.com/release/20848678-Garbage-Beautiful-Garbage

20th anniversary edition box set issued in clamshell with spot varnish. Includes (2) 4"x3" stickers, (2) 12"x12" album cover stickers, a 12"x18" poster, and a reproduction of a tour setlist.

Kylie

https://www.discogs.com/release/6618569-Kylie-Minogue-Kylie

https://www.discogs.com/release/6618745-Kylie-Minogue-Enjoy-Yourself

https://www.discogs.com/release/6651464-Kylie-Rhythm-Of-Love

https://www.discogs.com/release/6651514-Kylie-Minogue-Lets-Get-To-It

45 minutes ago, deathproof said:

The Madonna Dream

1. Disc 1 - Original Album Remastered
  2. Disc 2 - Remixes / Edits / Live Tracks (Uncle Sams, Boston Club Show, etc...)
  3. Disc 3 - Unreleased - The Demos & more
  4. Disc 4 - The Videos - Remastered 

This is exactly what I'm hoping for.  I know there's probably not a ton for the first 3 or 4 albums, but once we get to Like a Prayer and Erotica...I just hope they do these as well as so many of us are hoping they will.  They have to, right?  I mean, this is not a difficult concept.

I am personally excited what's to come and loved what has come out of it already.  Fans have to keep in mind, this deal is more than just about the Deluxe expanded versions of her landmark albums.  In fact, when I read the original press release, I expected we wouldn't see anything until the actual anniversary of the first album, which is this July.  But this deal encompasses her body of work, allowing Warner to represent all her work including the Interscope records. It stated it was a "multi-year" deal.  Meanwhile, we have gotten FEL which is hardly something to dismiss.  That was a great way to kick off this campaign, especially in the day where compilation albums are hard to sell with the digital and streaming age.  Then we got Who's That Girl/Causing A Commotion, Erotica and the Everybody Re-issues and soon to have the American Life Mix show.  All at the same time, her team is updating her digital catalog and upgrading her videos.  It's not like NOTHING is happening. 

I prefer that we haven't had an album re-issue because this tells me that they are taking their time putting together the first release.  And let's remember, the main reason they released the press statement about this Warner Deal is because they were behind the digital/streaming release of the Madame X film.  They wanted to get ahead of that, so people wouldn't make assumptions in why Madonna is back with Warners.  Otherwise, they may have not announced this encompassing deal when they did. 

I understand some of us are excited for the first album re-issue, but like mentioned, I'm glad it's not been rushed.  I suspect whatever is released, there will be complaints, but up til now, I'm satisfied with what's been going on.  Added bonus, we got a Greatest Hits tour upon us.  We just need to be a bit more patient.  Good things are coming! 

40 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Girl, it's been almost 2 YEARS since this was announced. I've BEEN relaxing :rip:

Exactly. Whyd they announce this so early without anything ready. I feel like the signed the deal and announced it IMMEDIATELY without a single aspect completed :dead:

I would love a documentary on how this happens as well. Like do they have all the tapes they need in that warehouse of her stuff and they sat together while Madonna said no to a bunch of the tracks :Madonna009:

7 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Exactly. Whyd they announce this so early without anything ready. I feel like the signed the deal and announced it IMMEDIATELY without a single aspect completed :dead:

I would love a documentary on how this happens as well. Like do they have all the tapes they need in that warehouse of her stuff and they sat together while Madonna said no to a bunch of the tracks :Madonna009:

As I mentioned, in my previous post, The Madame X Concert film was released under Warner.  It explained why Madonna and Warner joined forces again.  But again, you can't say nothing has come out of this yet.  FEL is the first new curated project from it.  We got the re-issues of Erotica and Everybody.  The American Life Mix Show is part of this as well.  And I'm sure it's no coincidence that her digital catalog is being updated as well. (Though, I'm not sure if the latter really is directly related to the new deal?)  A lot has been happening since this was announced.  It wasn't just about releasing expanded versions of her landmark albums. 

I also find it really strange that M has not talked about this deal even once in interviews - does no one else think that strange - and yes i agree with the previous posters - its been over 18 months and not ONE unreleased song or full album box set ( sorry but i dont count FEL) or any of the other one-off releases - tired of waiting for that first deluxe box set....

4 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I also find it really strange that M has not talked about this deal even once in interviews - does no one else think that strange - and yes i agree with the previous posters - its been over 18 months and not ONE unreleased song or full album box set ( sorry but i dont count FEL) or any of the other one-off releases - tired of waiting for that first deluxe box set....

You don't count/care about "FEL" but "FEL" counts as the first big release on this campaign:

"Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria."

https://www.papermag.com/madonna-cover-2657875747.html

We're probably gonna see only one big release each year and all the little goodies along the way. The next one should be the first album reissue/expanded edition, in July/August.

Why should she talk about the deal? It's business. She's never gone into detail with that in the past. And it's not like she's done a million interviews lately anyway.

33 minutes ago, Prayer said:

You don't count/care about "FEL" but "FEL" counts as the first big release on this campaign:

"Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria."

https://www.papermag.com/madonna-cover-2657875747.html

We're probably gonna see only one big release each year and all the little goodies along the way. The next one should be the first album reissue/expanded edition, in July/August.

Why should she talk about the deal? It's business. She's never gone into detail with that in the past. And it's not like she's done a million interviews lately anyway.

Thank you.  I'm boggled by how some re-narrate this deal.  Yes, there is mention of re-issuing remastered deluxe versions of landmark albums, but this deal encompasses so much more.  But since we've not gotten such even though none of her albums have reached the 40th landmark (which this is celebrating), people are expecting it NOW!  It specifically says in the press statement that it's a "multi-year deal".  It includes much more than just the albums.  It includes singles and other curated works such as FEL.  And how quick people are dismissing Erotica  and Everybody re-issue.  Even if one wants to dismiss FEL (which is ridiculous), "Everybody" was re-issued in part of this deal. Like you, I don't find it strange she hasn't talked about this deal.  Not like anyone really asked her about it, nor has she done enough interviews to really be asked.  

I'm convinced there are some 'fans' who won't be happy unless it's done precisely like they want. They will never satisfied.  Madonna and her team aren't trying to piss off fans.  That's just ridiculous to even think. Unfortunately, there are things beyond our knowledge and control that will effect what is released.  No other artist I know has successfully released or honored their catalog like fans want.  Why?  Because fans expect WAY too much.  They set themselves up for disappointment by re-interpretating what has been said, or re-narrate what is supposed to happen.   If anything, we've gotten more in the last year or two than we've gotten in such a long long time.  And lately, it seems we're getting stuff almost on a weekly basis especially on the digital and streaming front.  Do I think things can be more organized and perfected?  Yes!  But, we don't know all the legalities and access to what is available to release. It's easy to think that any demo can be released or certain remixes should be included, but as mentioned, too many legalities and such that may prevent what we would consider a perfect release.