MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

7 hours ago, Prayer said:

I think most of us will agree on that. But denying what's been done until now just because some people don't like it it's quite silly.

It's not like we've had nothing since the announcement. Not only the constant digital single releases, some of them with rare promo stuff never commercially available before, but also the video remasters, the special physical releases AND "Finally Enough Love", which was a quite good remixes compilation, again including promo stuff never released before.

Also, I think some people should adjust their expectations. She's had almost everything leaked in the past, so when we're talking about "unreleased" stuff... she can announce "Madonna 40" with 10-12 Emmy/Pre-Madonna demos and of course still won't be new and unheard for most die-hard fans. She can add "Ain't No Big Deal" and it won't be "new" either, etc. etc. Some people will never be happy.

I expect major meltdowns too with the first album reissue tracklist... but first let's get to that stage. :Madonna009:

Yeah, I expect major meltdowns as well.  Because like you mentioned, if she does include demos, etc., much of it has leaked already.  So it won't be "new".  The only difference it will be officially available.  But that won't be good enough for others because you can bet some will say, we already had access to that stuff.  Well, that's not Madonna's doing. She never approved for those demos to be shared and heard.

As for what has been released so far, I hardly call "Finally Enough Love" boring.  That took some undertaking to produce and was indeed a great remix compilation. It's not even been a year since that's been released.  Between all the digital, promo releases, the video remasters and physical releases, that's far more than we've gotten in one year's time at any part of her career.  And I know some fans aren't keen with the remixes of Frozen, Material Gworl and Hung Up, but that was all new stuff. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for myself, personnaly, in my own opinion (i'm trying to emphasize as much as i can hahaha) could not care less about Finally Enough Love. I did not buy it and won't buy it. I think half of it is great and half of it is pure trash. I've never bought GHV2 as well (i bought Celebration though, expecting good remasters...). I don't care about the remixes on streaming plateforms, that's great for her, it increases her numbers and rank on those and it gives her more exposure but i truly couldn't less give a fuck about it. I listen to them once they are released and then, never again. I enjoyed the Frozen and Hung Up remixes more because, at least, it was something new. This is like microwaved doggy bag to me BUT necessary for her for the aforementioned reasons. And i did not buy commemorative vinyls because i'm not a material boy and have no fetish for objects. But that's just me.

I just want to hear mythical demos (for fans) before i die or lose my earing. And at this pace, in 40 years that's how it's gonna be.

I get it, she's not making money with these reissues and today, increasing Spotify views is more important for an artist. I get it, i understand it butlike i said before, i don't give a flying fuck about it. And i think adults on Tik Tok are desperate. Young people too because it's such a fucking redneck thing. I mean, there's nothing more sad than those videos of Home Depot employees doing choreos to fucking Disney ballads. It makes me wanna drink bleach. So these tracks of hers trending on that lame thing really "m'en touche une sans bouger l'autre" i say it in french because at least you'll not have read my lame ass comment up until here without getting something out of it for your time. "M'en toucher une sans bouger l'autre" is a vulgar expression of disdain litteraly meaning "it bumps on one of my balls but not the other one" (one of late president Chirac favourite expression).

42 minutes ago, tscott said:

Yeah, I expect major meltdowns as well.  Because like you mentioned, if she does include demos, etc., much of it has leaked already.  So it won't be "new".  The only difference it will be officially available.  But that won't be good enough for others because you can bet some will say, we already had access to that stuff.  Well, that's not Madonna's doing. She never approved for those demos to be shared and heard.

Exactly.

There must be tons of demos in her drawers.  All those songs she wrote back in the 80s and 90s. I'd love to hear a demo for White Heat. Or Causing A Commotion. Or Gambler...
IF she shooses to include demos, they will be a part of her vision of the reissues, and we can finally listen to them with her approval.
Some will probably be familiar to people from this forum, but to the world outside of us, they will be a brand new and exciting listening experience.

Meltdowns DeLuxe WILL occur the second the reissues are announced. Some people seem to LIVE to complain.

On 3/18/2023 at 5:07 PM, Blue Jean said:

Most people want unreleased stuff, that is what we expect and are waiting for. Everything released so far has been a bit boring sorry to say. People can justify it and make whatever excuses they want but that's the opinion of the vast majority.

The problem with that is Madonna fans have been very spoilt with an extensive collection of unreleased demos and mixes for the past 20+ years due to leaks so if we do get demos or unreleased mixes and we already have them, it's our own fault if it's lost the magic. 

Imagine if the Ray Of Light expanded edition included tracks like  Gone Gone Gone or Like A Flower and we had never heard them before and didn't already have them in great quality for example

I predict there will be a couple of very entitled people in this forum that complain because the demos or unreleased mixes are not ones that they don't already have like M or her team are somehow responsible for providing them with unreleased stuff over and above what has leaked for decades 

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Imagine if the Ray Of Light expanded edition included tracks like  Gone Gone Gone or Like A Flower and we had never heard them before and didn't already have them in great quality for example

I think that people would be happy to have these songs cleaned and officialy available. Gone Gone Gone is a song that I look forward to see on Ray of Light reissue. 

8 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

The problem with that is Madonna fans have been very spoilt with an extensive collection of unreleased demos and mixes for the past 20+ years due to leaks so if we do get demos or unreleased mixes and we already have them, it's our own fault if it's lost the magic. 

I predict there will be a couple of very entitled people in this forum that complain because the demos or unreleased mixes are not ones that they don't already have like M or her team are somehow responsible for providing them with unreleased stuff over and above what has leaked for decades 

There’s lots of things that haven’t leaked though. And even just including stuff that has leaked in a box set in good quality would be glorious.

I mean look how excited people get over remixes they already have being released on streaming lol

10 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Our own fault ? Do we have to beat ourselves up now ? For godsake not !

I would be totally happy if ROL extended edition was presenting Like a flower or No substitute for love officially. And there are many more we've never heard and perhaps the best ones... Some unreleased remixes are welcome and the HD video on a blu ray is a good content we've never had. I wish I delete bad sound mp3 to keep only official releases.

And "Spoilt" ? it's only an underground system of lack of efficience of M's management with so called cyber attack against M's lap top. I love so much imaginating Madonna's laptop having a section called "My music" with the Rain tapes .wav on it... Come on...

1 hour ago, shakeyerdix said:

Our own fault ? Do we have to beat ourselves up now ? For godsake not !

I would be totally happy if ROL extended edition was presenting Like a flower or No substitute for love officially. And there are many more we've never heard and perhaps the best ones... Some unreleased remixes are welcome and the HD video on a blu ray is a good content we've never had. I wish I delete bad sound mp3 to keep only official releases.

And "Spoilt" ? it's only an underground system of lack of efficience of M's management with so called cyber attack against M's lap top. I love so much imaginating Madonna's laptop having a section called "My music" with the Rain tapes .wav on it... Come on...

I never said anyone should beat themselves up because they chose to listen to illegal demos - what I said it was our own fault if we look away some of the magic of these releases  for ourselves by doing it - by magic, I mean the surprise, the first time listen joy in HQ etc 

And yes spoilt - like many fan bases for major multi-decade recording artists, we have seen constant leaks of demo material in many forms from old cassettes and CD's sold or leaked by people working on projects to the digital leaks that preceded major releases and we always want more.

The point I'm making is by consuming all these demos over the years, fans are in no position to complain if the upcoming expanded editions contain demos or mixes the fans have already obtained (by whatever means) etc  

I don't know if being "consulted" makes sense with that sort of rant on Twitter like any common fan complaining for not getting what he wants now.

What radio silence? "FEL" was out only SEVEN months ago. And it's still charting in some places like the UK, where it has just gone Silver this week.

Again: adjust your expectations. One big release per year is the industry norm for everyone else and looks like it will be for her too with the reissues.

For reference: "Finally Enough Love" and its formats and preorders were announced on May 4 2022, with a street release in August 19. If they follow the same route and we have a July/August release as rumored, we could expect an announcement and pre-orders in April/May.

2 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Does anyone else remember the bit in the original press release that mentions 17 studio albums? I wonder if she has signed a record deal for 3 more albums 

The 3 Interscope albums will pass on to Warner when their respective original distribution contracts with Interscope/Live Nation expire.

With so many things going on (almost weekly digital releases of older singles, the American Life Rauhofer tribute remix album, etc.), I wonder how exactly they are going to promote the planned Madonna reissue so that it wouldn't get lost in all the other releases

On the other hand, it's beyond excitement that we are getting almost simultaneous re-releases of singles from True Blue, Ray of Light, The First Album, and (hopefully) American Life, all the while the 40th anniversary reissue is being put together

15 minutes ago, Madant said:

With so many things going on (almost weekly digital releases of older singles, the American Life Rauhofer tribute remix album, etc.), I wonder how exactly they are going to promote the planned Madonna reissue so that it wouldn't get lost in all the other releases

On the other hand, it's beyond excitement that we are getting almost simultaneous re-releases of singles from True Blue, Ray of Light, The First Album, and (hopefully) American Life, all the while the 40th anniversary reissue is being put together

I don’t understand what you mean by “lost in all the other releases” how exactly would an exclusive RSD release affect a big album Re release down the road? Or a digital single upload that gets next to no promotion or effort put into it? 

They definitely need some kind of fan input on these as I think M is too objective when it comes to releasing stuff / imagine the horror if she listens to those 80s demos and says “ nah -don’t like them “ or thinks pro shot concerts aren’t fast enough editing and goes in and messes them up - edit of all Mike dean could be let loose with the audio and make a pigs ear like he’s done so far with his “remastering “ 🤢🥹🥹

It’s like the same 4-5 people always saying the wait isn’t that bad. Like Chile it’s been over 1.5 years and all we got was a compilation of REMIXES that were 95% commercially released. They’ve done like zero fan engagement besides the recent Rhino blasting fans :Madonna009:

She did a 60 question video thing but didn’t answer a SINGLE question about the deal. I think we have one interview in the entire time that even mentions it? 
Don’t be surprised when fans are tired of waiting when nothing valuable has really come to fruition. Them releasing digital eps of all of her singles was being done before the deal so that is obviously not even apart of it. So the only other thing outside of FEL, were 3-4 vinyl ONLY issues on record store days? I’m sorry but this is 2023 if you’re gonna issue exclusive content on vinyls please fucking put it on Spotify. The release strategy for this shit has been absolutely bizarre. 
Im like the biggest hype man on here (see my 10000000 posts about Madame X) so don’t come in here saying blah people love to complain. Face the reality that this has been abysmal. 
Anyway I digress. Will be perched for this first reissue