MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

These digital maxis arnt even getting promoted on Good Morning America or appearing on billboards in Times Square lol

So I don’t see how the supposed first album reissue would get lost in all the other releases…

And most of the recent ones are leaving out anything worthwhile.

The LDLHA release was just the UK single with the Hot Mix Radio Edit added.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Shoful said:

It’s like the same 4-5 people always saying the wait isn’t that bad. Like Chile it’s been over 1.5 years and all we got was a compilation of REMIXES that were 95% commercially released. They’ve done like zero fan engagement besides the recent Rhino blasting fans :Madonna009:

She did a 60 question video thing but didn’t answer a SINGLE question about the deal. I think we have one interview in the entire time that even mentions it? 
Don’t be surprised when fans are tired of waiting when nothing valuable has really come to fruition. Them releasing digital eps of all of her singles was being done before the deal so that is obviously not even apart of it. So the only other thing outside of FEL, were 3-4 vinyl ONLY issues on record store days? I’m sorry but this is 2023 if you’re gonna issue exclusive content on vinyls please fucking put it on Spotify. The release strategy for this shit has been absolutely bizarre. 
Im like the biggest hype man on here (see my 10000000 posts about Madame X) so don’t come in here saying blah people love to complain. Face the reality that this has been abysmal. 
Anyway I digress. Will be perched for this first reissue

And the 5% that aren’t released were just bad in-house edits that were created just for this release and a terrible rip of the Video Version of OYH, where the only difference is about 5 seconds in the beginning instead of the much sought after Remix Edit.

Let’s not even start about using fan art again for the cover.

Madonna is a visual artist so that’s why so many people have complained about covers, etc over the last 8-9 years.

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

One big release per year is the industry norm for everyone else and looks like it will be for her too with the reissues.

So we gonna have to wait about 11 years till they release 1983-2008 remastered albums? That's ridiculous! I'm gonna die in the middle of this campaign. :scoff:

Edited by Kacper (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

Again: adjust your expectations. One big release per year is the industry norm for everyone else and looks like it will be for her too with the reissues.

Not always. Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin released deluxe editions in a frightening speed a few years ago. PF had three boxes out in the space of six months, and LZ had nine boxes out over 13 months.
Now I don't think Madonna will be as quick as that, but who knows? The reissues are first and foremost for the fans, aren't they? So we can buy two or three at once.

16 minutes ago, Kacper said:

So we gonna have to wait about 11 years till they release 1983-2008 remastered albums? That's ridiculous! I'm gonna die in the middle of this campaign. :scoff:

No, I think they'll be released at a quicker pace than that.
Like I said last year: If we're gonna wait for every album's 40th anniversary, half of us will be dead before Madame X comes out.
I do think the first album will be reissued around its 40th anniversary, but the rest of them? Nah, it would take too long.

3 hours ago, Shoful said:

It’s like the same 4-5 people always saying the wait isn’t that bad. Like Chile it’s been over 1.5 years and all we got was a compilation of REMIXES that were 95% commercially released. They’ve done like zero fan engagement besides the recent Rhino blasting fans :Madonna009:

How do you know that? 

6 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

That's still 14 albums

01. Madonna

02. Like A Virgin

03. True Blue

04. Who's That Girl

05. Like A Prayer

06. I'm Breathless

07. Erotica

08. Bedtime Stories

09. Evita

10. Ray Of Light

11. Music

12. American Life

13. Confessions On A Dance Floor

14. Hard Candy

15. MDNA

16. Rebel Heart

17. Madame X

The studio albums + the soundtracks.

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

01. Madonna

02. Like A Virgin

03. True Blue

04. Who's That Girl

05. Like A Prayer

06. I'm Breathless

07. Erotica

08. Bedtime Stories

09. Evita

10. Ray Of Light

11. Music

12. American Life

14. Hard Candy

15. MDNA

16. Rebel Heart

17. Madame X

WHAT a catalogue!

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

39 minutes ago, Prayer said:

01. Madonna

02. Like A Virgin

03. True Blue

04. Who's That Girl

05. Like A Prayer

06. I'm Breathless

07. Erotica

08. Bedtime Stories

09. Evita

10. Ray Of Light

11. Music

12. American Life

14. Hard Candy

15. MDNA

16. Rebel Heart

17. Madame X

To @Fabiolouspoint....

The problem with the initial press statement, it mentioned '17 studio albums PLUS singles, soundtracks, live albums and compilations'.  But I think this was in reference to Warner "representing Madonna's entire body of work across both recorded music and publishing".  So the soundtracks (according to their wording) isn't included with the number 17. Soundtracks, live albums and compilations are in 'addition' to the 17 studio albums.

Also, I think some are confusing their mention of 'representing her whole body of work' as if they are going re-issue ALL her albums in expanded deluxe sets when in actuality they only mentioned "landmark albums" getting such treatment.

They really need to explain this better to fans or some are only going to get more upset because I truly believe some are expecting all her albums will get a re-issued expanded set, when I don't think that is their intention. I believe the deal is beyond just expanded re-issues, where as this deal allows Warner to have rights to ALL her catalog.  Meanwhile, they will also be behind representing future curated work. Therefore, begs the question, "what other three studio albums are they referring to?" since compilations, soundtrack and live albums are a "plus".  Is it possible that they signed her to produce three more studio albums?   

31 minutes ago, Prayer said:

01. Madonna

02. Like A Virgin

03. True Blue

04. Who's That Girl

05. Like A Prayer

06. I'm Breathless

07. Erotica

08. Bedtime Stories

09. Evita

10. Ray Of Light

11. Music

12. American Life

14. Hard Candy

15. MDNA

16. Rebel Heart

17. Madame X

Yeah but that's not how it was worded in the press release 

9 hours ago, tscott said:

To @Fabiolouspoint....

The problem with the initial press statement, it mentioned '17 studio albums PLUS singles, soundtracks, live albums and compilations'.  But I think this was in reference to Warner "representing Madonna's entire body of work across both recorded music and publishing".  So the soundtracks (according to their wording) isn't included with the number 17. Soundtracks, live albums and compilations are in 'addition' to the 17 studio albums.

Also, I think some are confusing their mention of 'representing her whole body of work' as if they are going re-issue ALL her albums in expanded deluxe sets when in actuality they only mentioned "landmark albums" getting such treatment.

They really need to explain this better to fans or some are only going to get more upset because I truly believe some are expecting all her albums will get a re-issued expanded set, when I don't think that is their intention. I believe the deal is beyond just expanded re-issues, where as this deal allows Warner to have rights to ALL her catalog.  Meanwhile, they will also be behind representing future curated work. Therefore, begs the question, "what other three studio albums are they referring to?" since compilations, soundtrack and live albums are a "plus".  Is it possible that they signed her to produce three more studio albums?   

Problem here is we're taking about a press release as the Bible, when press releases are... well, usually hype more than anything. Maybe at the moment of writing they didn't even know where to start with the catalogue but they can't put that on a press release.

On 3/20/2023 at 2:57 PM, Kacper said:

Well, they're not gonna drop them all at once.  That would just saturate the market, and they want to ensure that each one of these gets the attention (and therefore the sales) that they deserve.  Otherwise the more casual fans will talk about it for a couple weeks and then they're moving on to the next hype.  By spreading these out, it ensures that she will be in the public eye once a year, or however often they drop one of these, (but one a year sounds about right).

People saying that the campaign has been "abysmal" or a failure or whatever need to get a grip.  They made an announcement, released a 6 LP compilation, a bunch of vinyl special editions (which is covered in the press release when they mentioned, you know, special releases?) and now are gearing up for the first album.  Of course FEL counts.  It's a new retrospective, sure, but it's a REISSUE of some of her greatest remixes.  Which fits in with the announcement of a REISSUE campaign.  Yes, it was announced two years ago...and was kicked off by a special REISSUE of her remixes, followed by a bunch of special limited EPs, etc. Now, if those REISSUES aren't what you were hoping for, that's unfortunate.  But they have, so far, been doing exactly what the press release said they were going to do.  And just because social media has obliterated so many people's sense of patience, two years isn't that huge of an amount of time, considering how much they've REISSUED so far.  I mean, FEL, Who's That Girl, Erotica PD, Everybody 12", the American Life 12"...think about it.  Remember, it was almost exactly 2 years between WIFLFAG (the last single from Music) and the American Life album, and over 4 years between Rebel Heart and Madame X.  I want the first album reissue as much as anyone here, but I think it's both shortsighted and ridiculous to suggest that the campaign has been some kind of failure or that they haven't given us anything yet.  Everything we've gotten since the announcement has had at least something new added, with the exception of Erotica, which was a REISSUE of something that was never really available for fans to begin with.

20 hours ago, tscott said:

To @Fabiolouspoint....

I suspect that rather than every single album/release getting its own deluxe reissue that they'll combine some when it makes sense.  For example, I can see True Blue, Who's That Girl, and You Can Dance being combined into one huge box set instead of individual releases.  I mean, what could they really do with WTG on its own?  I doubt there's a huge demand for Michael Davidson rarities or some long lost remixes of "El Coco Loco", you know?

26 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

I suspect that rather than every single album/release getting its own deluxe reissue that they'll combine some when it makes sense.  For example, I can see True Blue, Who's That Girl, and You Can Dance being combined into one huge box set instead of individual releases.  I mean, what could they really do with WTG on its own?  I doubt there's a huge demand for Michael Davidson rarities or some long lost remixes of "El Coco Loco", you know?

“Turn It Up” is a CLASSIC! 

2 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

I don't see a re-issue expanded deluxe even happening for Who's That Girl and most likely YCD.  I think those are going to be limited to particular albums.  I don't think they will combine those albums into one set either.  Then again, they may just add some of the singles from WTG to the True Blue deluxe set.  "Spotlight" could also be included on TB being it was originally recorded during that time.

I'm not expecting something huge with every album.  If we get something big as a box set, I certainly will be even more happy.  Also, my other concern is... as of last year, when Stephen Bray was interviewed in a podcast, he stated he hasn't been contacted regarding the re-issues.  Maybe he has since then, but if not, I think that's insane because I would think it's essential to have him included on remastering and putting together something special.  The same for Nile Rodgers.  He said he hasn't been contacted either, but stated he would be willing to do it.  Though with Nile, both he and Madonna have been together since, so it's possible she's asked him then. 

18 minutes ago, tscott said:

I don't see a re-issue expanded deluxe even happening for Who's That Girl and most likely YCD.  I think those are going to be limited to particular albums.  I don't think they will combine those albums into one set either.  Then again, they may just add some of the singles from WTG to the True Blue deluxe set.  "Spotlight" could also be included on TB being it was originally recorded during that time.

I'm not expecting something huge with every album.  If we get something big as a box set, I certainly will be even more happy.  Also, my other concern is... as of last year, when Stephen Bray was interviewed in a podcast, he stated he hasn't been contacted regarding the re-issues.  Maybe he has since then, but if not, I think that's insane because I would think it's essential to have him included on remastering and putting together something special.  The same for Nile Rodgers.  He said he hasn't been contacted either, but stated he would be willing to do it.  Though with Nile, both he and Madonna have been together since, so it's possible she's asked him then. 

Niles remastered Like A Virgin a couple of years ago, so he must have known that Madonna had plans for the album.

Bray talked about demos, but I'm sure Madonna has access to them, and can get them wothout his involvement.
Or maybe he lied.  Or "streched the truth", as I say. :)
Suppose he's involved but can't say anything yet. As we know from Rhino's tweet last week, Madonna wants to announce these things herself...  ;)

1 hour ago, Celebration said:

Niles remastered Like A Virgin a couple of years ago, so he must have known that Madonna had plans for the album.

Bray talked about demos, but I'm sure Madonna has access to them, and can get them wothout his involvement.
Suppose he's involved but can't say anything yet. As we know from Rhino's tweet last week, Madonna wants to announce these things herself...  ;)

I hope both are involved but as mentioned, the two mentioned they hadn't been asked yet, but yeah, it's been months since they made those claims, so it's possible they are included.  They should be and I'm not expecting to see LAV re-issue until next year. 

1 hour ago, Celebration said:

Why did Nile remaster LAV?

7 hours ago, tscott said:

I hope both are involved but as mentioned, the two mentioned they hadn't been asked yet, but yeah, it's been months since they made those claims, so it's possible they are included.  They should be and I'm not expecting to see LAV re-issue until next year. 

I think they are. Anything else is crazy.
Personal feelings can not get in the way of something as big and important as a reissue.  I know that Madonna's moved on after a project is finished, and sometimes burn bridges, but I hope that people still can contribute to the SDEs, for the fans.
It has to be as good as it can, cause this is it.

Afternoon! So do we have any updates on this as I can see there’s 156 pages but since 2021 nothings being actually confirmed right? 

I read on popjustice that apparently the people who do the Prince box sets are involved which is rather exciting, but not sure if that’s true 

Do we think we will get the first reissue before the tour starts?