MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

I wasn’t dissing people here that love vinyl - all power to you - I’ve just found it very tedious with this campaign that all the releases have been vinyl one-offs which to me is the least durable format - one 3CD of FEL ( a lot of which was poorly mastered ) 

I just hope warners follows the same format like the Prince releases - CD box sets and separate vinyl box sets to cater for all of us - I could care less about streaming unless they want to dump unreleased demos or digital versions of vinyl rips we don’t have on cd 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kesiak said:

I've got records dating back to 60s and 70s, original pressings, that sound absolutely pristine and blow anything on streaming out of the water sound wise. But you do you babes :)

1 hour ago, shakeyerdix said:

So true !

of course I use Spotify every day but listening to original pressing vinyl is much much better experience. Sound is warmth. And it's just beautiful. The sleeve, the mechanic, the sound coming from a groove. Get into the the vinyl groove.

Same here.  I have vinyls from 70's and 80s that sound fantastic still.  I play them all the time.   And the newer 180 gram Vinyls sound so great. 

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

All of my vinyl is mint and unopened.  Maybe I need to craxk it open.  Haha

I have some unplayed vinyl too, but have started to realize that I'm not immortal, so I've started to listen to them.

I have no plans to sell them so what's the point of just having them. :)

One evening I'll take a deep breath and listen to FEL, the vinyl box! :)

1 hour ago, kesiak said:

I suppose it all comes down to individual expectations. I genuinely have none. I never thought we'd even see murmurs of reissues while M is still alive so every drop is a lovely surprise to me, whether it's another streaming EP or vinyl. :) 

Why are you surprised with reissues during Madonna's liftetime? Many artist have dropped remastered reissues like Enya, Chris Rea for example, both of them are pretty much alive.

24 minutes ago, Kacper said:

Why are you surprised with reissues during Madonna's liftetime? Many artist have dropped remastered reissues like Enya, Chris Rea for example, both of them are pretty much alive.

Because Madonna has always been different in that respect - completely uninterested in capitalising on her back catalogue, almost pathologically averse to the notion of becoming a "legacy artist", always looking forward. 

I think because of the Luke warm reception she received from the interscope albums - she realised that the general public isn’t interested in her new music - that’s why she made this deal with warners to preserve and rejuvenate her back catalogue. It’s just taking a while to get going imo and it doesn’t seem very consistent to me so far 🥹😢 which as a lifelong fan has been very frustrating 

42 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I think because of the Luke warm reception she received from the interscope albums - she realised that the general public isn’t interested in her new music - that’s why she made this deal with warners to preserve and rejuvenate her back catalogue. It’s just taking a while to get going imo and it doesn’t seem very consistent to me so far 🥹😢 which as a lifelong fan has been very frustrating 

I know your pain and I experience it too. Let's suffer together 🥹

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

More than not, I think Warner has always been good for her career, so it makes sense to get all her music under one roof.  I get the "frustration" because I think most of us are looking forward the deluxe re-issues of her albums.  With nothing being said about that, it seems like it's all been forgotten.  Also, I said this before, but I believe the reason they brought up the campaign two years ago is because Warners was distributing the Madame X Tour film.  So no doubt, fans would have been questioning why she was back with them if they just said nothing.  Makes sense they would announce the deal they made.  Meanwhile we are seeing her catalog getting added the digital/streaming platforms.  We also got physical re-issues of Who's That Girl, Erotica and Everybody.  FEL was the first biggest new curated project which I'm sure was an option presented to Madonna so Warner could someone get another GH's out of her. 

We just need to be a little more patient, and I rather the album re-issues not be rushed.  If there is going to be a huge box set for certain landmark albums, then I'm sure that will be a daunting task.  Manufacturing the physical copies are definitely going to take time.  And again, I understand why some are frustrated being we've had the Erotica and ROL anniversaries come and go, which could have been a great chance to release deluxe version of those albums. I can only suspect is they prefer to start with the debut album which will celebrate it's 40th in July.  Now if nothing happens by then, I can understand why fans start getting upset.  This whole campaign was about her 40th Anniversary in the business, so it would be quite disappointing that first album isn't getting re-released. :)

3-4 months ?

Come on... She's not on a little independent label... And even independent labels can have physical copies in 3-4 months... And I know what i talk about...

Exactly- and all M has to do is approve the artwork and content - unless she decides to get drunk with Mike dean and they ruin the “ curating “ by hitting the loudness bottom on the equaliser 🤪😢🥹

3-4 months ?

Come on... She's not on a little independent label... And even independent labels can have physical copies in 3-4 months... And I know what i talk about...

Definitely not on vinyl at this moment. Releases must be planned with months in advance, and even a year.

3 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Many vinyl pressing plants were backed up by 7 months or more due to the pandemic, and I believe several stopped taking new orders altogether. I'm unsure of the current timescales

Exactly. Even some new artists couldn't release on vinyl because there wasn't enough time to book the plants. 

Even Metallica just bought their own factory because the demand for their records was so high. 

6 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

3-4 months ?

5 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Exactly- and all M has to do is approve the artwork and content - unless she decides to get drunk with Mike dean and they ruin the “ curating “ by hitting the loudness bottom on the equaliser 🤪😢🥹

Of course, she's not on an independent label, but if we are talking about curating a deluxe version of these albums, it's just not only about approving artwork and content.  That content whether it's demos or remixes or live performance takes time to put together.  Whether you are interested in Vinyl or not, that is the most popular physical format at the moment.  So as @Prayer ,@Brendanlovesu1and @musicinfernothat takes time (see below quotes).  Also, if any of the producers of the original projects are being commissioned to help update these albums, that could take time as well.  Remember she has many albums.  There is no way they can get those done in three or four months, nor are they planning to release these all at the same time.  With rumors of a possible release for this July, it's possible the first album has been worked on and is almost ready for a release.  This deal is a multi-year deal and it started when the Madame X Tour film was released by Warners.  And let's recall that took nearly two months after announcing this deal to show up on digital and streaming platforms alone.  "Scheduling" these things take time. :)

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

Definitely not on vinyl at this moment. Releases must be planned with months in advance, and even a year.

4 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Many vinyl pressing plants were backed up by 7 months or more due to the pandemic, and I believe several stopped taking new orders altogether. I'm unsure of the current timescales

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

Exactly. Even some new artists couldn't release on vinyl because there wasn't enough time to book the plants. 

Even Metallica just bought their own factory because the demand for their records was so high. 

19 hours ago, Prayer said:

This was in 2022. It got better then.

But please, the time to make pressing is not an def not an excuse at all. They had time to plan and press their RSD releases such as AL, Everybody. Same for Erotica picture disc. Didn't had troubles at all. 

36 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

But please, the time to make pressing is not an def not an excuse at all. They had time to plan and press their RSD releases such as AL, Everybody. Same for Erotica picture disc. Didn't had troubles at all. 

Which were all planned many months in advance 

8 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

Those were likely all pre-planned. Even FEL was being mixed in January and didn't come out till August. 

25 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Yes! That's the kinda stuff I want. And it's got something for most fans. Super Deluxe Box, cd-only and vinyl only. Download for those whp perfer that. Perfect.

Madonna's would probably be a bit more expensive, but still. :)