MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

I'm thinking it must be a concept at this time unless he isn't aware that he is not supposed to be sharing stuff like that on social media - time will tell :)

Well, he deleted it, so that seems to be quite telling.  :) I'll be curious when this will be released and how this all falls in line with the whole Warner deal (as this is a Warner/Rhino release). 

2 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

So I'm guessing a Blu-ray is coming too?

I wish, but I suspect this is just a rare Vinyl release kinda like the Purple Swirl Rebel Heart Tour Vinyl.  But it would be nice if they released this on several physical platforms, including the show on Blu-Ray. 

On 3/21/2023 at 6:36 PM, tscott said:

I don't see a re-issue expanded deluxe even happening for Who's That Girl and most likely YCD.  I think those are going to be limited to particular albums.  I don't think they will combine those albums into one set either.  Then again, they may just add some of the singles from WTG to the True Blue deluxe set.  "Spotlight" could also be included on TB being it was originally recorded during that time.

I'm not expecting something huge with every album.  If we get something big as a box set, I certainly will be even more happy.  Also, my other concern is... as of last year, when Stephen Bray was interviewed in a podcast, he stated he hasn't been contacted regarding the re-issues.  Maybe he has since then, but if not, I think that's insane because I would think it's essential to have him included on remastering and putting together something special.  The same for Nile Rodgers.  He said he hasn't been contacted either, but stated he would be willing to do it.  Though with Nile, both he and Madonna have been together since, so it's possible she's asked him then. 

That's what I meant about combining them, by putting Spotlight and the WTG stuff into one set.

Totally agree that it's insane that these guys haven't been contacted, but maybe they have but can't discuss it or something?  I mean, M and Warner's have to realize what we want and are expecting from these reissues.  I just really can't imagine that they're not going to release some real gold.  And remember, M did that Q&A in her bathroom, and one of the fan questions was about releasing an album of rarities.  M agreed that it was a good idea, so I have faith that we will get some quality free releases.  I mean, despite the constant bitching from the same four or five members, the releases we've gotten so far are actually pretty cool.  I mean, they re-released the Erotica picture disc, which I never thought would happen.

28 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

That's what I meant about combining them, by putting Spotlight and the WTG stuff into one set.

Totally agree that it's insane that these guys haven't been contacted, but maybe they have but can't discuss it or something?  I mean, M and Warner's have to realize what we want and are expecting from these reissues.  I just really can't imagine that they're not going to release some real gold.  And remember, M did that Q&A in her bathroom, and one of the fan questions was about releasing an album of rarities.  M agreed that it was a good idea, so I have faith that we will get some quality free releases.  I mean, despite the constant bitching from the same four or five members, the releases we've gotten so far are actually pretty cool.  I mean, they re-released the Erotica picture disc, which I never thought would happen.

Yeah, I'm really loving the releases we've got so far.  I thought FEL was a great release.  And between the other Vinyl releases, the American Life Mix show and now the MX Tour on vinyl, it's really been a great year for us fans, on top of all the digital and streaming releases.  Though, I'm far more interested in the physical releases. I don't care about the digital releases, since I have everything digitally.  While streaming is convenient, but as said I have everything digitally, so I can easily play it from my devices anytime I want without using data service. 

I'm beginning to think that we're just going to start seeing a lot of random curated releases on VInyl from tours, remixes and possibly rarities.  Or maybe it's me "wishful thinking".  LOL!  I've never remember a year with so many releases in a years time from her.  It's a great time to be a fan. 

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

It would likely be just a vinyl - not sure what the return on investment of a bluray would be (outside of a full MX box set post 2025) while a vinyl would do quite well like RHT 

It would be fun to include a Blu-ray with the vinyl though. And the investment is minimal 

FEL was a mess.

From the unofficial mixes made for the release from someone other than the original remixer, to the low quality of some of these ‘new’ mixes, to the not-so-great cover art and to the odd choice to include the Video Version of Open Your Heart, where only the first 5 seconds or so differ from the Album Version over the actual Remix Edit that hit #1 in the clubs and the weird choice to leave off the amazing Causing a Commotion (and no, releasing the WTG Super Club Mix on RSD doesn’t make up for that).

B for effort, but C- for execution.