MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

57 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

I hope it's not another original tracks + 3 new single remixes :eyesroll:

Oh dear. That would be a diaster!

Just look at Cyndi Lauper. She did that when she released the 30th aniversary edition of She's So Unusual, and fans screamed and tore her to pieces.
At the blog superdeluxeedition.com, they call it "to lauperfy a reissue", and it's always frowned upon.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Celebration said:

It's like when I bought the Deluxe Editions of Prince's albums. HIS fans had all sorts of opinions, but I didn't care. To me it was all new and exciting and I was as happy as a kid on Halloween! :)

There will always be those fans lol

Let's say we get a Ray Of Light expanded edition with Revenge, Gone Gone Gone, Like A Flower etc - there will be fans who will have a meltdown because they 'already have those' like it is somehow Madonna's responsibility to firstly assess what demos have leaked over the last 20 years and secondly ensure she adds some to the expanded edition that haven't leaked to ensure fans that have illegally obtained the demos are somehow rewarded lol

5 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Oh dear. That would be a diaster!

Just look at Cyndi Lauper. She did that when she released the 30th aniversary edition of She's So Unusual, and fans screamed and tore her to pieces.
At the blog superdeluxeedition.com, they call it "to lauperfy a reissue", and it's always frowned upon.

Ahhh hope Cyndi does better for the upcoming 40th - her album is iconic 

6 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Hear hear

No more crappy new remixes, just slap the good old ones on a couple of cds, add the Goonie song and remix and everybody will be happy. :)

And the same thing goes for Madonna.

We don't care how sick she is of this or that song or remix.

We are the costumers who are expected to buy these products, so she has to listen to us. I mean, I have zero interest in a trap remix of Think Of Me in a deluxe edition of Madonna.

34 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

And do you know anything about "reworks of past hits" you can share with us? Just some hints would be more than enough 

No I don’t know nothing, I was just replying since there is this fear about the deluxes. 
All I know is that the people who worked on the Prince reissues are working on these deluxe albums and the plan is to release them in chronological order unless they changed their mind about that. Also I believe we will not get unreleased stuff from the first album. Maybe some different mixes but there are no real unreleased stuff from that era? Maybe we will get more stuff from LAV and True Blue. But that’s just my idea as I don’t know more than that. Again don’t shoot the messanger, I’m just very hyped about the deluxe and the endless shitting all over it is make me angry 😂

I have to say I don’t like the chronological plan so I hope that changes because the juicy stuff and my fav era are the 90s and I don’t expect more than 2 deluxe reissues in a year and I’m getting old 😂

We’ll see, if no press release comes in the next month we can start to panic a little but not now.  

34 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

No I don’t know nothing, I was just replying since there is this fear about the deluxes. 
All I know is that the people who worked on the Prince reissues are working on these deluxe albums and the plan is to release them in chronological order unless they changed their mind about that. Also I believe we will not get unreleased stuff from the first album. Maybe some different mixes but there are no real unreleased stuff from that era? Maybe we will get more stuff from LAV and True Blue. But that’s just my idea as I don’t know more than that. Again don’t shoot the messanger, I’m just very hyped about the deluxe and the endless shitting all over it is make me angry 😂

I have to say I don’t like the chronological plan so I hope that changes because the juicy stuff and my fav era are the 90s and I don’t expect more than 2 deluxe reissues in a year and I’m getting old 😂

We’ll see, if no press release comes in the next month we can start to panic a little but not now.  

i think the "shitting over it" has been born out of frustration by many fans(myself including) when this deal was announced in aug 21 they should have had a first release lined up that year-maybe xmas time - but then we waited a whole YEAR for a first big release which ended up just being a remix collection of 99% already heard stuff - now we nearly another year later and still nothing that's getting us excited and the less said about hologram covers and more vinyl limited stuff the better ... if the people who worked on prince releases are also behind this then im happy as i have all of his releases and they are beautifully designed and contain excellent content both audio and video - if M and Warners have finally decided on the same format then i will shut the fuck up and wait - all i want is some UNRELEASED content whether its demos, remixes or even a live concert(wtg tour paris or london being my biggest dream) we also know wtg florence is somewhere in the archives - if she aint going to bother with this then i just dont see the point - i refuse to buy anything else what we havent had for decades and its just being repackaged with poor audio mixing by mike dean !!

i also think it makes sense to release stuff in chronoligical order as its kind of like going through a music evolution - you cant release a dud album like american life after a classic album like like a prayer imo ....

1 hour ago, GregVsMatt said:

Ha ha you've had plenty of unreleased / demo tracks since the early 2000s - just not officially 

Well that’s all I want! I want those tracks all cleaned up and remastered in beautiful quality! 
Why does this seem so out of reach when it’s the standard for every other older artist reissues.
If these only include remastered album tracks and remixes, anyone who buys it is a fucking fool 

Let's say we get a Ray Of Light expanded edition with Revenge, Gone Gone Gone, Like A Flower etc - there will be fans who will have a meltdown because they 'already have those' like it is somehow Madonna's responsibility to firstly assess what demos have leaked over the last 20 years and secondly ensure she adds some to the expanded edition that haven't leaked to ensure fans that have illegally obtained the demos are somehow rewarded lol

I mean that’s people’s faults then. If they expect more than what was leaked that can be very foolish cause that may be all these is. I just want those songs in good quality and finally out. If we get more than that I’ll be over the moon

15 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Well that’s all I want! I want those tracks all cleaned up and remastered in beautiful quality! 
Why does this seem so out of reach when it’s the standard for every other older artist reissues.
If these only include remastered album tracks and remixes, anyone who buys it is a fucking fool 

Kylie did exactly that with her first 4 albums a few years ago and now very collectable and expensive :)

https://www.discogs.com/release/6619049-Kylie-Minogue-Lets-Get-To-It

25 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Kylie did exactly that with her first 4 albums a few years ago and now very collectable and expensive :)

I love Kylie but those first 4 albums are trash. Are there even unreleased for them? They were all pumped out by that factory one year after another

10 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I love Kylie but those first 4 albums are trash. Are there even unreleased for them? They were all pumped out by that factory one year after another

I agree to some degree, but I loved that first album.  Pure 80's!  The second album wasn't bad, but I lost interest until she did Fever.  To me, she's an artist singing on helium.  She's hit and miss with me, but I still can appreciate her artistry.  I feel like she's the Madonna who would follow the safe route with the industry.

We have to remember that Kylie is a local pop star, not on a global scale like M.

Here in America, aside from the gays, we only know her for the train and la la la songs :)

They really shouldn’t be compared.

4 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Is there even anything from Ray of Light that hasn’t leaked at this point?

They will be expecting a pro shot of the Roxy performance 😂

3 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

And those releases are stunning. But keep in mind they were done by her old label, I don’t think she had any input into those. She’d probably have blocked them from release if she could have.

7 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

And those releases are stunning. But keep in mind they were done by her old label, I don’t think she had any input into those. She’d probably have blocked them from release if she could have.

Don't believe that for a second, especially with her first album being far more internationally succsessful than the follow ups.  Not to say she had  a lot of input with her back catalog, but I'm sure she doesn't disregard her back catalog as you think.

26 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

They were done by SAW from what I know - I do recall seeing them on her social media 

3 hours ago, Shoful said:

Hardly trash. They're on Like a Virgin's level. Half killer, half filler but yeah, they're her weakest works (especially the first one and the 4th one)

3 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

We have to remember that Kylie is a local pop star, not on a global scale like M.

Here in America, aside from the gays, we only know her for the train and la la la songs :)

They really shouldn’t be compared.

Unfortunately. Kylie is probably the most underrated pop star of her generation. She's the Princess of Pop in terms of merit. After Madonna, she's the female pop star who's had the most impact and is rarely ever given the recognition she deserves. If by "America" you mean the US, yeah you're right, Kylie's said it herself. The US makes a huge difference and her crossover didn't succeed as expected but her catalogue is almost as big as Madonna's so it's only natural that some compare them although I agree they shouldn't be compared cause they could hardly be more different. They've both inspired each other MANY times but Madonna fans are not ready for that conversation. I love them both just as much :fantasy:. So Kylie is hardly a local act nor a one hit wonder. In the UK, DISCO sold 2 times more than Madame X and Rebel Heart combined. The world is waaaaay bigger than the US and Kylie's well known in all of Europe, Australia, Latinamerica etc. Madonna is the only Queen of Pop (by far) but Kylie is the Princess of Pop (outside the US). Not everything is measured by local numbers. If she was so "irrelevant" her name wouldn't keep popping up in here every other day. (Same thing I say on Kylie's forum when someone tries to drag Madonna over pretty much everything).