MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

No I don’t know nothing, I was just replying since there is this fear about the deluxes. 
All I know is that the people who worked on the Prince reissues are working on these deluxe albums and the plan is to release them in chronological order unless they changed their mind about that. Also I believe we will not get unreleased stuff from the first album. Maybe some different mixes but there are no real unreleased stuff from that era? Maybe we will get more stuff from LAV and True Blue. But that’s just my idea as I don’t know more than that. Again don’t shoot the messanger, I’m just very hyped about the deluxe and the endless shitting all over it is make me angry 😂

I have to say I don’t like the chronological plan so I hope that changes because the juicy stuff and my fav era are the 90s and I don’t expect more than 2 deluxe reissues in a year and I’m getting old 😂

We’ll see, if no press release comes in the next month we can start to panic a little but not now.  

It would be a nice touch to add her pre fame demos. I think a lot of those tracks are incredible and very “Blondie” sounding. She could add them in the “super deluxe” version of the debut album if she releases such a version of it. It makes sense. They’re very important and are a massive part of her legend. 

6 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

It would be a nice touch to add her pre fame demos. I think a lot of those tracks are incredible and very “Blondie” sounding. She could add them in the “super deluxe” version of the debut album if she releases such a version of it. It makes sense. They’re very important and are a massive part of her legend. 

Yes. A replica of her demo tape would be awesome.

Howard Jones had one in the SDE of his first album.
Okay, so it missed one song and who's got a tapeplayer these days? But still. :)

11 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

Yes that would be a good idea, and we know she has the tapes. But who knows, it depends of the quality and copyrights I guess. 

7 minutes ago, LongIslandTea said:

Personally I think none of her demo will make it to any anniversary issue unless she passes.

On the other hand, if that does happen, it will be a reworked version by her, never the unfinished version.

I just don’t understand the point of this whole thing then. I firmly believe we will get demos. She posted stories listening to her demo tapes in 2021 probably when they started curating these projects and while she was writing. I think now more than ever she’s into her past. And I think Warner will demand she approve some demos and outtakes 

1 minute ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I thought she was listening to the pre demos during the biopic wriitng?

Just now, Glassy24 said:

Probably for the movie lol.

I legit said that in my post :dead:

You think she had those tapes in her hands and wasn’t gonna put some on these reissues? Also she posted an insta vid a month ago using a Burning Up demo

3 minutes ago, Shoful said:

You think she had those tapes in her hands and wasn’t gonna put some on these reissues? Also she posted an insta vid a month ago using a Burning Up demo

No I'm saying that it was probably to put IN the movie, not for re-releases. I don't remember her ever saying she'd release them, but I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Glassy24 said:

No I'm saying that it was probably to put IN the movie, not for re-releases. I don't remember her ever saying she'd release them, but I could be wrong.

She never did say she would release them… my only point was she had them in her hands. They’d be foolish to not have them on the reissues. Not like they had to dig to find some lost tapes. 

Also I imagine the movie would’ve featured only covers by the woman playing her, no?

2 hours ago, Shoful said:

She never did say she would release them… my only point was she had them in her hands. They’d be foolish to not have them on the reissues. Not like they had to dig to find some lost tapes. 

Also I imagine the movie would’ve featured only covers by the woman playing her, no?

What she was listening to were on old cassette tapes (when writing the script for the Bio), which I'm sure has a lot of wear and tear on them.  Maybe it's possible to restore them with the technology we have today, but that would take a lot of undertaking for just demos.  I guess they could be included still but would be in low quality, and I'm perfectly fine with that since she never intended them to be released.  Now if she re-recorded them that would be okay too, but she would never be able to recapture the rawness she had back then.  

I personally am not going to set myself up to believe she is going to go all out and all these rare demos.  I know a lot of fans want that, and I agree there would be no sense to release these re-issues with nothing new such as rare mixes or demos.  I just don't believe it's going to be what fans are hoping for.  It would be nice to get her studio recorded demos or songs (like Warning Signs) that haven't seen the light of day yet as well.   We'll just have to wait and see.  We should be hearing something in the coming weeks if it's true the first re-issue is slated for July as rumored.   :smile:

In the end it's her call, as always. Maybe she doesn't feel all the "Pre-Madonna" stuff fits the debut album for the reissue, who knows. Or they're planning a separate rarities release (we wish!).

But the "American Life" RSD remixes EP show they know exactly what fans want: rare, unreleased stuff.

I'll be very surprised if "Madonna 40" ends up NOT including any rare demos, unreleased songs, etc. They need to offer something. The 8-track regular album remastered and some studio demos of those 8 songs won't do. And they know it.

4 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

Personally I think none of her demo will make it to any anniversary issue unless she passes.

On the other hand, if that does happen, it will be a reworked version by her, never the unfinished version.

She performed a demo live on her tour in 2006. So everything is possible. 

4 hours ago, Shoful said:

That burning up demo was already commercially released on Pre-Madonna. If you haven’t heard that CD, I highly recommend you do!

42 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I'll be very surprised if "Madonna 40" ends up NOT including any rare demos, unreleased songs, etc. They need to offer something. The 8-track regular album remastered and some studio demos of those 8 songs won't do. And they know it.

“For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums”

“expansive” does not mean t-shirts and holographic slip cases sold separately. It’s the album with bonus tracks. Come on people. The label knows what they gotta do. And if it’s true the Prince team is handling this, then we are bound to get some good extras.

2 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Close.

California.

Girl you gotta get out. Brooklyn has Kylie parties every other weekend. And it’s not 40 yr old men attending….

She has a large presence in the US amongst the gays, of all ages.

When she headlined Pride in NYC, tickets sold out immediately. She then booked a show for another night in NY and it sold out in minutes. The demand is real.