MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

46 minutes ago, planetbenjamin said:

I doubt we'll ever get any of the Record Store Day releases on digital due to the Code of Conduct that record labels agree to. Here are the official terms (not sure why the term 5 didn't apply to the previous RSD re-issues):

RSD Product Criteria

Product submitted for Record Store Day MUST adhere to the following criteria: 

1. Any product must be an exclusive release. 
2. Exclusive means on an exclusive format or exclusive content specifically for Record Store Day
3. Unless there are exceptional circumstances it should not have been made available or be made available in a similar format (e.g. different colour) for at least 12 months prior to or post RSD.
4. If labels plan to make a substantially similar release available in the UK within 12 months of RSD, they must notify the RSD co-ordinator at the point of submission clarifying why there are exceptional circumstances
5. It should not have been made available in a different territory in the same format previously. 
6. RSD product should be manufactured in a reasonable quantity.  Anything under 500 units may be deemed inadmissible to RSD unless there are valid grounds for inclusion. Product has to be suitable of a RSD release and should only be manufactured with the sole intention of releasing for RSD.
7. Product must only be made available to RSD stores as notified to you by ERA and may only be made available to non-RSD stores one week after RSD (subject to being made available to RSD shops first).

But Taylor Swift always has her RSD exclusives on streaming. The one she released this year was a vinyl version of LPSS which is on streaming. And the lakes original which is on streaming. Madonna released the Everybody remaster on streaming. My understanding is that the only exclusive thing is that it cant be released in the same format (vinyl). They are definitely able to put it on streaming

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, MPowered said:

I doubt it. I refuse to believe she handpicked Aldo's abominations of artwork for the Rebel Heart singles or those other projects. How did she find this guy (and not someone else) anyway?

She sure did - M picks the primary artwork for everything. Aldo usually works via Guy as he did with Finally Enough Love

4 hours ago, Shoful said:

But Taylor Swift always has her RSD exclusives on streaming. The one she released this year was a vinyl version of LPSS which is on streaming. And the lakes original which is on streaming. Madonna released the Everybody remaster on streaming. My understanding is that the only exclusive thing is that it cant be released in the same format (vinyl). They are definitely able to put it on streaming

Likewise with Alison Goldfrapp - her 4 track EP - all the tracks will be on streaming this year.

2 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Still, Mariah did it much better with the MC30 digital and physical roll-out.

Physical? She released a b-side/demo collection and a re-issue of Butterfly with NOTHING new. Oh and the repressed the albums on vinyl. That’s it. The Madonna fandom would be livid with something like this. Get real.

17 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Just one album with demos and that’s it? No, we wouldn’t. Ha! 

Because what we've received so far is so much better?

My main point is that Mariah's roll-out, particularly digitally, was logical and organised.

She'll probably give fans a lot more per album for MC40 or 50.

7 minutes ago, Ayham said:

You just can’t compare MC to Madonna, at least Mariah did something to her fans… she even released a Japan concert on blu-ray. 

A BLU-RAY with the sleeping pill Mariah? Well hopp and hurray!  :luv:
But yes, I agree. MC did that huge campaign, and the fans went wild with excitement.

(I'm sure we'll se some nice stuff in the coming year from Madonna. I sure hope there will be blu-rays with concerts in future boxes. Maybe not of The Virgin Tour, but The Girlie Show and forward should be on Blu-Ray since they were shot on HD..?)

4 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Physical? She released a b-side/demo collection and a re-issue of Butterfly with NOTHING new. Oh and the repressed the albums on vinyl. That’s it. The Madonna fandom would be livid with something like this. Get real.

The repressed vinyls were a huge deal for those of us who are her sheep. So after spending 1400 dollars on MC 30, I myself would not say "That's it"

I think folks are going to be disappointed in the end when Madonna releases no demos. I hope I am wrong because I want them too.