MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

12 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

it means no new release announcement till July

then in august will be FEL 1st anniversary and we will get new holographic sleeve for it :hallwaylaugh:

Modern Family Cry GIF

Jokes aside, actually, this sounds so horrifically close to truth 

... And definitely no announcement anytime soon (or release) to be expected after this FEL rainbow, they are not gonna release something as "big" as reissue, so close to any other release

I was so happy she is back with Warner, but this has been nothing just a f*cking mess for the past 2 years

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

Jokes aside, actually, this sounds so horrifically close to truth 

... And definitely no announcement anytime soon (or release) to be expected after this FEL rainbow, they are not gonna release something as "big" as reissue, so close to any other release

I was so happy she is back with Warner, but this has been nothing just a f*cking mess for the past 2 years

i guess 1 year gap between big releases its to small for them 

probably they will wait more time :Madonna003:

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think everyone should chill, maybe?

The big "FEL" vinyl box set being reissued in June doesn't exclude any other possible plans for the first reissue in July/August or whenever they want to do it. Less than a week ago we had the "American Life" RSD exclusive. And all the digital singles. Last October we had the "Erotica" picture disc and just a month later the "Everybody" RSD vinyl. The M releases are not stopping, just being more and more frequent.

They're just milking the fans to the max - as it always meant to happen since the back to Warner announcement was made. The "FEL" 6LP box set sold out in days last year (and it was always a web store exclusive). There was a big demand for it. They're just making it available again, on a wider general release and in different colors in case some of the hardcore collectors who already got it want to buy it again. Ka-ching! But hey, bottom line is: no one is forcing you to buy anything.

Last year when it sold out some people complained that they didn't make more copies. Now they do and people complain anyway. So...

thats all and well and good if you love vinyl and all its crackly sound but this is 2023 - i want digital releases and stuff ive never heard before - this announcement today was just more milking the FEL cash cow which was a mediocre release in the first place what with poor sound mastering and songs weve had for decades - whats the next release going to be - erotica scat coloured vinyl ???

The demand for the FEL 6LP set was high and we have all seen the crazy prices on eBay - as a collector, I really appreciate that they did this issue with different colours to maintain the collectability of the 2022 pressing and also to satisfy the demand for everyone who missed out in 2022 - it's also a good thing to release on the eve of the tour.

And it is possible to work on more than one thing at a time - this one is just a colour change of the vinyl rather than any cover design or content changes etc 

27 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

thats all and well and good if you love vinyl and all its crackly sound but this is 2023 - i want digital releases and stuff ive never heard before - this announcement today was just more milking the FEL cash cow which was a mediocre release in the first place what with poor sound mastering and songs weve had for decades - whats the next release going to be - erotica scat coloured vinyl ???

OK, gotta say this "Erotica" new color made me laugh out loud :Madonna009: Loved it haha.

It actually exists and could be done... Dannii Minogue's "Girl" 25th anniversary vinyl was like that ("recycled vinyl", they call it!):

OTktMTk0Mi5qcGVn.jpeg

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I think everyone should chill, maybe?

The big "FEL" vinyl box set being reissued in June doesn't exclude any other possible plans for the first reissue in July/August or whenever they want to do it. Less than a week ago we had the "American Life" RSD exclusive. And all the digital singles. Last October we had the "Erotica" picture disc and just a month later the "Everybody" RSD vinyl. The M releases are not stopping, just being more and more frequent.

They're just milking the fans to the max - as it always meant to happen since the back to Warner announcement was made. The "FEL" 6LP box set sold out in days last year (and it was always a web store exclusive). There was a big demand for it. They're just making it available again, on a wider general release and in different colors in case some of the hardcore collectors who already got it want to buy it again. Ka-ching! But hey, bottom line is: no one is forcing you to buy anything.

Last year when it sold out some people complained that they didn't make more copies. Now they do and people complain anyway. So...

You make very valid points.  People complained that the original vinyl release was limited and here we are with a wider release and people are still complaining.  I see it like this; this allows those who missed the opportunity to buy it the first time, to do so now.  If this isn't for some people, then move on and wait for the next release.  No one is forcing anyone to purchase this.

As you also pointed out, we've had several releases within a short amount of time since the original release of FEL..... Everybody, Erotica and recently with American Life Mix Show Mix.  We also are hearing there's possibly a release of the MXT. I pretty much figured that this new deal was going to come with a lot of curated releases, beyond the re-releases.  Even @GregVsMattsaid at the end of last year, the next 12 to 18 months there were a lot of things lined up for fans.   We need to remember this is a multi-year deal.  They aren't going to re-release the whole catalog at once.  People are already complaining how expensive it's getting.  I'm glad to see this gives fans who missed the opportunity to buy the FEL Vinyl set the first time, another chance to purchase it. :)

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

So now people are against vinyl (the best selling format in 2023) because to them they sound like shit? Clearly they have not idea what they are talking about 🤣

I hope the deluxe box set is going to be vinyl only with no digital release 😂

Yeah, I was like, these recent releases on Vinyl are hardly "shitty".  And I don't have the most expensive Vinyl player out there, but I've been playing the shit out of several of her previous releases, and they still sound perfect. 

On 4/27/2023 at 3:09 AM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Hollywood went undergone countless revisions and overhauls over the years, before making it onto American Life.I believe it originates from the late 1990s. Madonna wrote the track on her own and then sought creative input from her collaborators to polish the song up with the goal being to get it released on the "Music" LP/album. Early incarnations of the track may have featured input from Guy Sigsworth, but not until Mirwais came into the recording sessions did the song start taking serious shape. Madonna's original acoustic demos were scrapped and the melody completely reworked; the backing music is said to be less guitar and more along the lines of "Impressive Instant." Neither she nor Mirwais liked the result, and the song was scrapped. It was picked up again in the Spring of 2002 during the "American Life" recording sessions, where it underwent a couple more revisions before ultimately finding home on that album and becoming its second single.

What's your source?

Fucking howling at the FEL colour variants. 
her trolling is too iconic. 

Maybe we should just resign ourselves that special editions are a way off and things like the American Life mixshow are gonna be more of what we’re getting for a while at least. It’ll be 2024 by the time the first one comes around. Starting with Like A Virgin ? 
Fuck knows at this point it’s a jumble sale

2 hours ago, Ayham said:

Tell them… did you see her Butterfly 25th Anniversary boxset from VMP?!?! Heaven… 😍 while M fans are getting HHoLOOooO sleeves. 💀💀💀

Heaven? It’s just the album with some remixes and performances added. I liked it but it was very basic and expensive. 
I’d love to see the meltdowns here if Madonna released something similar

12 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Heaven? It’s just the album with some remixes and performances added. I liked it but it was very basic and expensive. 
I’d love to see the meltdowns here if Madonna released something similar

Yeah, Mariah's Butterfly 25 was as basic as it gets... Nice for her fans to have I'm sure, but there would be riots if Madonna was that basic.