MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I wonder if there's an artist that got it right. It seems to me that fans always complain no matter what, it's never up to their standards and sometimes, yes, it's very cheap or stuff is missing. But i witnessed it from every fanbase wether it's Bowie, a film director releasing a box set, a writer releasing an anthology etc...

I was listening to the Human League album Dare and on spotify, the deluxe edition missed b-sides.

So far Prince legacy reissues have worked for me even if they have dried up and they misfired last year with that pointless purple rain tour blu ray which was poorly mastered and rushed by Sony I think but his 1999, purple rain and sign of the times box sets were amazing - all mixes , edits and unreleased demos and they all included mostly unreleased full concert live audio and video and the packaging was amazing too - they released both vinyl and cd box sets so it pleased both fans imo - if her releases follow suite then I will shut the fuck up 🤨🤔😛

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Yes Madonna, finally giving us what we want -- a HARD CANDY ANNIVERSARY PLAYLIST! :dead:

I absolutely cannot. Why is being her fan so hard :cryin:

Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get a special BROWN vinyl in homage to chocolate for National Candy Day in November. Or maybe a recut of the Miles Away music video with alternative footage from the S&S Tour mixed in. Or a special re-release of Candy Shop as a new single with Aldo Diaz artwork and Tik Tok mixes.

"But you guys -- She IS doing re-releases, more than we've ever gotten! You all are NEVER happy!!1"

Guys, let's be real, the rereleases are never coming lol.

2 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

LOL. Yes Madonna, finally giving us what we want -- a HARD CANDY ANNIVERSARY PLAYLIST! :dead:

I absolutely cannot. Why is being her fan so hard :cryin:

Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get a special BROWN vinyl in homage to chocolate for National Candy Day in November. Or maybe a recut of the Miles Away music video with alternative footage from the S&S Tour mixed in. Or a special re-release of Candy Shop as a new single with Aldo Diaz artwork and Tik Tok mixes.

"But you guys -- She IS doing re-releases, more than we've ever gotten! You all are NEVER happy!!1"

Guys, let's be real, the rereleases are never coming lol.

“Re-releases take so much hard work and time to curate. These EPs and Vinyl releases are keeping me happy and fed. So much exciting content in the next 12 months” 

… NOTHING TAKES 2 YEARS TO CURATE

She writes her damn original albums quicker than that

3 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

As long as these reissues are handled better than George Michael’s and Michael Jackson’s I’m happy.

I was never the biggest George Michael fan but his legacy deserves to be handled better. It really breaks my heart how poorly his work is showcased. I don't know who is in charge of it, it seems like it used to be his sister but she passed, i don't know if his estate sold everything to a company or not. Apparenty he made it clear when he was alive that he did not want any unreleased material to be released. 

3 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I was never the biggest George Michael fan but his legacy deserves to be handled better. It really breaks my heart how poorly his work is showcased. I don't know who is in charge of it, it seems like it used to be his sister but she passed, i don't know if his estate sold everything to a company or not. Apparenty he made it clear when he was alive that he did not want any unreleased material to be released. 

I wish they would re-issue the Faith Box Set.  I kick myself for not buying it when it first came out.  I bought the Older Box set and love it. 

8 minutes ago, tscott said:

I wish they would re-issue the Faith Box Set.  I kick myself for not buying it when it first came out.  I bought the Older Box set and love it. 

Did they finally include the full faith tour pro shot ? To me a legacy release should always include either the live concert on audio or video as it represents the album that precedes it ? That’s why I’m hoping the first M re-issue will be the first album and LAV so we can get a hq virgin tour and vision quest tracks …

10 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Did they finally include the full faith tour pro shot ? To me a legacy release should always include either the live concert on audio or video as it represents the album that precedes it ? That’s why I’m hoping the first M re-issue will be the first album and LAV so we can get a hq virgin tour and vision quest tracks …

Unfortunately no concert was included.  The DVD included were the music videos and an interview with Johnathon Ross.

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

Unfortunately no concert was included.  The DVD included just had the music videos and an interview with Johnathon Ross.

That’s boring ?you can watch an interview on YouTube - it used to really irritate me when warners used to highlight photo galleries as extras on her concert dvds 🥱

5 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

That’s boring ?you can watch an interview on YouTube - it used to really irritate me when warners used to highlight photo galleries as extras on her concert dvds 🥱

I'm not bothered by the interview.  The videos would be worth it though.  But they should re-release this with The Fatith Tour on DVD since they have yet to release the tour commercially on any format other for broadcast. 

11 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I hope we get one remixed by Stuart this tour :Madonna018:

Since that insta reel she did with Candy Shop as background music, writing the titles of her most famous songs and asking which one we would like to hear, i'm 100% sure she's perfectly aware of our Candy Shop fatigue and she'll probably troll us with it in one way or another. think bout those "3 notes" Tony talked about...definitely the 3 repetitive ones from the intro (the signature of Pharrell on all his songs). I can hear the screams, the meltdowns, i picture that scene from "Death Becomes Her" when Goldie Hawn in group therapy wants to talk about Madeline Ahston again.

The 40the anniversary is in July. It was NOT 2 years ago.

Let’s look AGAIN at what it was written:

In 2022, when Madonna celebrates the 40th anniversary of her recording career (she first signed a record deal with Warner’s Sire Records in 1982), an “extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases will launch”

-Who’s That Girl EP 

- Finally Enough Love

-Erotica Picture Disc

-Everybody 

-American Life EP

And that’s what they did since last year. They NEVER said the first deluxe was going to be released last year. And we are still in fucking April. 

11 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

No no no no no... It's the easiest thing in the world. Believe me. And we talk about best selling records woman of the world... Not Tori Amos or whoever who sold just a few a long time ago (sorry I just thought about her as an example...).

Digital release require 2 hours of work for a record company such as Warner. Once again, it's not a little record company with 5 people working for it. I saw the process at Universal Music France and they add some music every week a global platforms and it's just a very simple and repetitive process.

Regarding the so called remastering, digitalizing a mixed tape is $60 and a multitrack is around $200. Making a mastering of a song that was already released is very fast and one people is required.

It's not Rhino or Warner that curates the digital releases, it's M's team and there is an approval process 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

The 40the anniversary is in July. It was NOT 2 years ago.

Let’s look AGAIN at what it was written:

In 2022, when Madonna celebrates the 40th anniversary of her recording career (she first signed a record deal with Warner’s Sire Records in 1982), an “extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases will launch”

-Who’s That Girl EP 

- Finally Enough Love

-Erotica Picture Disc

-Everybody 

-American Life EP

And that’s what they did since last year. They NEVER said the first deluxe was going to be released last year. And we are still in fucking April. 

Girl WE ALL KNOW! People keep fucking posting that same damn quote when we ALL remember what it said. 
Nobody should announce something TWO YEARS before they expect to release it. It’s a mess. I can’t believe people are defending it. Truly sheeps for anything she spits out

10 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Girl WE ALL KNOW! People keep fucking posting that same damn quote when we ALL remember what it said. 
Nobody should announce something TWO YEARS before they expect to release it. It’s a mess. I can’t believe people are defending it. Truly sheeps for anything she spits out

Clearly you don’t get it. But it’s ok, girl! And clearly nobody remember this since they are keeping writing bullishit 😂