MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Shoful said:

The only reason I have made an issue of it, which I’ve stated several times, is if the fandom continues to eat this junk up… Warner and M will put even less energy into what we want meaning no demos, or deep in the vault tracks. Things don’t change unless people take a stand which from this thread is apparent will never happen. 

Let’s end this discussion tho. Everyone is tired of it. 

I think everyone agrees we want something beyond what is already available when it comes to the re-issues.  So keep expressing that, but don't assume what you don't know when it comes to the "energy" or unreleased stuff when we are only just embarking on the re-issues of the landmark albums.  As @Jackiestated, "patience". 

22 minutes ago, Shoful said:

The only reason I have made an issue of it, which I’ve stated several times, is if the fandom continues to eat this junk up… Warner and M will put even less energy into what we want meaning no demos, or deep in the vault tracks. Things don’t change unless people take a stand which from this thread is apparent will never happen. 

I think you should personally take a break from the thread as you seem very upset every time a new special event release is announced.

You can also listen to all the illegally obtained demos / vault tracks while you wait for the expanded editions to be released

12 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

I think you should personally take a break from the thread as you seem very upset every time a new special event release is announced.

You can also listen to all the illegally obtained demos / vault tracks while you wait for the expanded editions to be released

That is just so factually wrong. As recent as the American Life EP thing, I was stating how excited I was and I actually went out on RSD to get it for the first time ever. Nor am I “very upset” about anything. Nothing superficial as a Madonna reissue would ever make me “upset” , was I flabbergasted absolutely :Madonna009:

Tho I will be taking a break from this headache of an echo chamber thread 

8 minutes ago, Shoful said:

That is just so factually wrong. As recent as the American Life EP thing, I was stating how excited I was and I actually went out on RSD to get it for the first time ever. Nor am I “very upset” about anything. Nothing superficial as a Madonna reissue would ever make me “upset” , was I flabbergasted absolutely :Madonna009:

Tho I will be taking a break from this headache of an echo chamber thread 

Yes do what is right for you - if something is having a negative impact on you or your mental health, it's important to look after you and take a break 

9 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Yes do what is right for you - if something is having a negative impact on you or your mental health, it's important to look after you and take a break 

Good advice, especially since being a Madonna fan should be a fun and positive experience. If you're suffering such distress from an entertainer you don't perosnally know, maybe it's time to take a break.  :)

3 hours ago, Shoful said:

I think she’s doing what was mentioned in the press release, but I haven’t bought any of it. Not everyone posting in defense of the campaign is necessarily buying the stuff that’s currently out. I’ve listened to FEL on streaming services and some of the remastered singles and that’s about it. I may or may not buy an extended album remaster depending on if I want what’s included or not, but I’m willing to wait to see what that may be. Madonna and her team are definitely aware a large portion of her fan base want rarities, so let’s see what comes of it. 

10 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

It's not Rhino or Warner that curates the digital releases, it's M's team and there is an approval process 

????

It doesn"t seem to be true. When you watch the source on Spotify, it's WARNER RECORDS on credits...

And even if it was Madonna's team... I repeat that the process is not difficult and long at all. Unless Madonna's have only 3 people working with her in general.

43 minutes ago, Curator said:

You're generally pretty patronising but I think this is the most assumptive and condescending thing you've ever said. 

No, if somebody is experiencing increasing levels of frustration, it's a good thing to take a break and look after their mental health, it's advice - I am trained in mental heath first aid 

3 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

????

It doesn"t seem to be true. When you watch the source on Spotify, it's WARNER RECORDS on credits...

And even if it was Madonna's team... I repeat that the process is not difficult and long at all. Unless Madonna's have only 3 people working with her in general.

It's M's team that curates the releases, M approves and Warner / Rhino as the record company that have the agreement are credited on digital platforms 

11 hours ago, vesalii said:

The drama lol.

Guys Madonna was in one of her warehouses where she stores who knows what kind of treasures, is really no one curious about it?. I bet she was digging into old recordings to prepare those expansive editions. Infinite universes infinite possibilities.

Season 1 Lol GIF by NBC

not to mention she must have had hours during lockdown to check her archives - that warner deal was probably percolating long before the aug 21 announcement - shes had plenty of time to curate and plan this stuff ... stop making excuses for the lame efforts and output she has been dumping on us - and those so-called 4k upscales ?? dont even get me started on those turds ...

16 hours ago, Shoful said:

I’m pretty sure higher sales = more interest = more releases = more chances of getting what you want.  If there is no general demand for demos outside a handful of hardcore fans on a forum, they’re less likely to be released.  Be happy people are buying these things.

19 hours ago, Shoful said:

Girl WE ALL KNOW! People keep fucking posting that same damn quote when we ALL remember what it said. 
Nobody should announce something TWO YEARS before they expect to release it. It’s a mess. I can’t believe people are defending it. Truly sheeps for anything she spits out

Funny how people that "all know" still seem to have a meltdown every day when there's not an announcement about every reissue plus it's corresponding tracklist.  We usually know when she's recording new music for a year+ ahead of time, but nobody runs around screaming about how the new album is a "failure" or a "disaster" or a "mess" or any of the other BS people have said about this campaign.  Why is this so different?  They announced special releases, and that's what we've gotten.  They announced a reissue for her 40th anniversary, which isn't for another 3 months, and is coming.  Just relax already.

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

not to mention she must have had hours during lockdown to check her archives - that warner deal was probably percolating long before the aug 21 announcement - shes had plenty of time to curate and plan this stuff ... stop making excuses for the lame efforts and output she has been dumping on us - and those so-called 4k upscales ?? dont even get me started on those turds ...

She was editing the Madame X tour and writing her biopic during that time

19 hours ago, Shoful said:

Did you even read my post that you quoted? It’s only a mess cause we’re two years out and they haven’t said anything about the most anticipated thing

18 hours ago, Shoful said:

It’s May in like 2 days and the deal was announced in August… we’re 3 months away so ok 1.75 years. My bad

And in a year and a half, we've gotten a 6 LP box set and 4 singles.  What are you expecting exactly?  That she's gonna put out an album a month?  If so, you're in for a nasty surprise.  I have zero doubt that each one of these is going to come out with a hefty promotion, probably a couple of singles, and more of the special releases like the American Life Mixshow, and that they're going to space them out so they're not oversaturating the market.  It did say "multi-year" deal.

I really don't understand the attitude so many "fans" have regarding this whole process.  It's a REISSUE campaign, so yeah, most of the stuff, like probably 90-95%, is going to be stuff that we already have or have heard.  Yes, I absolutely expect demos/unreleased stuff, but they are going to use those to promote the big expensive box set reissues, not for some limited edition RSD release.  These vinyl releases are bonuses that are obviously meant for collectors and fans, they're not supposed to be the main focus of the 40th anniversary campaign, the one that started with FEL within a few months of the initial announcement and will continue a year later with the first album on, you know, it's 40th anniversary?

20 hours ago, Shoful said:

Why do you think one affects the other?  WTG, Everybody and American Life are all RSD releases, which are seriously just meant to be a way of encouraging people to support independent record stores.  That's the point of Record Store Day.  The releases are generally just meant to be fan collectibles.

Your argument is like them saying something along the lines of "Hey, you know, a bunch of people already bought the True Blue album, so we don't need to release anymore singles or commission any remixes for it" after the release of Papa Don't Preach.  Just because we bought and enjoy these random releases doesn't mean that they're going to half-ass the campaign, or that those of us who DO like the limited releases don't expect top of the line content with these reissues.  

Believe it or not, once upon a time, there was no internet, and we had to wait 2-3 years between releases with only (Gasp! Shock! Horror!) reports from magazines and the occasional MTV tidbit to tell us that she was working on a new project.  We all managed to survive that time, her career managed to survive that time, and I imagine that most fans will survive this time too.  Maybe you should take a break from the internet for awhile and check back in June or July, when we're closer to the actual anniversary date.  I'm sure there will be news then.