MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, wtg1987 said:

she was writing songs for an pg rated action adventure film - why would any of the songs be about masturbation, sodomy and intercourse anyway ?? i dont get what inspired hanky panky though - maybe it was all the slaps she got from al pacino ?

She was in love with DICK (haha sorry) and Breathless was a seductress that worked as a burlesque type dancer...in that sense Hanky Panky fits imo

1 hour ago, Karma said:

"The Immaculate Collection" is now available in Dolby Atmos on Apple Music

Screenshot_20230503-134712~2.jpg

I immediately went to Like A Prayer and WOW does it sound amazing.  A quick scan of the rest of the songs and I'm loving how they all sound (except Express Yourself sounds a little underwhelming and flat to me?).  I'm hoping all the album re-releases get the Atmos treatment too :smile:

1 hour ago, luckypierre78 said:

I immediately went to Like A Prayer and WOW does it sound amazing.  A quick scan of the rest of the songs and I'm loving how they all sound (except Express Yourself sounds a little underwhelming and flat to me?).  I'm hoping all the album re-releases get the Atmos treatment too :smile:

I’m listening and it’s not that different? And yes I have the latest Apple AirPods. 

What a surprise. Of course the first album to get the Dolby Atmos treatment on Apple Music should be "The Immaculate Collection". It invented the experience in a way, with Q-Sound!

Life is a circle, etc.

Question for those who can play it: the Dolby Atmos versions of "Lucky Star" and "Borderline" are still the wrong "U.S. Remix" and the Album Version included on the normal digital "The Immaculate Collection" release or they are the proper original "Immaculate" edits?

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

What a surprise. Of course the first album to get the Dolby Atmos treatment on Apple Music should be "The Immaculate Collection". It invented the experience in a way, with Q-Sound!

Life is a circle, etc.

Question for those who can play it: the Dolby Atmos versions of "Lucky Star" and "Borderline" are still the wrong "U.S. Remix" and the Album Version included on the normal digital "The Immaculate Collection" release or they are the proper original "Immaculate" edits?

Those two are still the wrong versions

Bit disappointed that The Immaculate Collection is still messed up on Apple Music. 

Lucky Star - is still  the 12” mix
Borderline - is still the ‘Madonna’ LP version)

Is anyone/everyone else seeing this on their Apple Music? 
Several tracks are showing as Lossless, rather than Dolby Atmos on my app:
Holiday, Like A Virgin, Crazy For You, Live To Tell, La Isla Bonita, Cherish.

Hoping that the album files on Apple Music will be updated/corrected at some point 🤞

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

12 hours ago, MadonnaDave said:

Bit disappointed that The Immaculate Collection is still messed up on Apple Music. 

Lucky Star - is still  the 12” mix
Borderline - is still the ‘Madonna’ LP version)

Is anyone/everyone else seeing this on their Apple Music? 
Several tracks are showing as Lossless, rather than Dolby Atmos on my app:
Holiday, Like A Virgin, Crazy For You, Live To Tell, La Isla Bonita, Cherish.

Hoping that the album files on Apple Music will be updated/corrected at some point 🤞

We already discussed why Borderline is the album version and why Lucky Star is the remix. It’s clearly not an error. 
I have Apple Music and the full album is Atmos. 

IMG_3687.jpeg

2 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

We already discussed why Borderline is the album version and why Lucky Star is the remix. It’s clearly not an error. 
I have Apple Music and the full album is Atmos. 

IMG_3687.jpeg

Lol all this work to mix the files in DA but they couldn’t update this ugly scan for the cover

4 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Just look at the Immaculate Collection Dolby Atmos thread. 

Awesome, I went through page after page just to find numerous "possibilities" on why those 2 songs were different. 

I wonder what that this means for future physical releases? If it truly is a contract issue, this means we may never get the Lucky Star and Borderline edits remastered. 

11 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Awesome, I went through page after page just to find numerous "possibilities" on why those 2 songs were different. 

I wonder what that this means for future physical releases? If it truly is a contract issue, this means we may never get the Lucky Star and Borderline edits remastered. 

According to several fans, people who want official edits are being laughed at as ‘wanting too much’.

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

According to several fans, people who want official edits are being laughed at as ‘wanting too much’.

Which is ridiculous - what is so wrong with wanting previous songs in their original format? Imagine the outrage if the tables turned and remix/alternate versions were in place of album versions on the reissues, then we'll talk about "wanting too much" 

I much appreciate them remastering the best GH collection of all time (even with some poor mastering here and there which I can overlook), what I don't appreciate is them making obvious changes to a collection we've been listening to for 30+ years. 

37 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

what I don't appreciate is them making obvious changes to a collection we've been listening to for 30+ years. 

Sadly, this version of TIC with Borderline and Lucky Star changed has been available during almost 15 years, or even more, on streaming. It's nothing new. For many young people (even fans) this is the "definitive" TIC version.

18 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Sadly, this version of TIC with Borderline and Lucky Star changed has been available during almost 15 years, or even more, on streaming. It's nothing new. For many young people (even fans) this is the "definitive" TIC version.

Haha it’s sad to put a whole new generation sit through that unbearable album version of borderline 

5 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Haha it’s sad to put a whole new generation sit through that unbearable album version of borderline 

It’s a lot better to me than that awful TIC remix with all that extra cowbell.

This is the first that I’ve seen people putting down the amazing LP Version.

The video uses the Edit, which is just an edited version of the LP Version.

So people only like that cowbell remix from TIC?

Shocking. I loathe it, but it should be the version on digital streaming since I hate revisionism.

23 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

The video uses the Edit, which is just an edited version of the LP Version.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the video uses the original single version, and the original single version is not an edit of the album version. It's a different mix.

PS: Am I the only one who doesn't love TIC? (except for Justify My Love & Rescue Me). I like it but I hate the Q-Sound and the edits being too short.