MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

48 minutes ago, missberic said:

I don't get it, you're saying the "real" 7'' Remix is the version used for the music video? If so, then the differences between that and the album version are listed above as well. But if it's another one you are talking about and you can find it on Youtube or Spotify, please put the link here so we can compare! There is at least one other edit I know of, just don't remember what it's called.

Yes. It’s ok, it’s not a big deal.

Thank you again for your explanations!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So with the new rumour about "no idea when the next reissue will be released" makes me wonder if Warner will just continue with these small releases until the first full album comes out, which at this point probably won't be till Xmas at the earliest or even next year after the tour concludes. 

It sounds like she wants to be in complete control of everything, and we all know she doesn't work on anything else while on tour so she can stay focused. 

27 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

So with the new rumour about "no idea when the next reissue will be released" makes me wonder if Warner will just continue with these small releases until the first full album comes out, which at this point probably won't be till Xmas at the earliest or even next year after the tour concludes. 

It sounds like she wants to be in complete control of everything, and we all know she doesn't work on anything else while on tour so she can stay focused. 

Well, we're still in time for a July/August release. The first reissue and pre-orders could be announced this month marked for a July release and that would be standard in the industry.

If nothing is announced in the next couple of weeks/three weeks then we're f***d haha.

I really, really, really doubt they're missing on "Madonna 40", though.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I think the same... I think that they will promote her 40 anniversary in music with "Madonna" the 40 years edition and the tour together. Maybe they could re-re-re-release "Holiday" again with a new remix... Maybe Stuart Price was working on it and make an incredible new version of one of the singles as he did with "Everybody" for the "Confessions" promo tour... Who knows? 

2 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I bet we'll just get another coloured reissue of the first album with a remastered Dolby Atmos digital version with no new artwork and no extra tracks. Then the real box set will come out for the 45th anniversary lol

Actually.... an empty holographic sleeve.  Hahahah

1 minute ago, androiduser said:

do we think that proper releases and reissues will start coming out to coincide with the tour? I know that these digital single remixes and reissues are part of the strategy as well, but when do we think proper releases will start?

I'd imagine if the first album is coming there'd be an announcement of some kind before the end of the month to tie in with the album release date of July 27, 1983. Yes she'll be on tour by then but I think it all lines up

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

Yep.  While I understand the frustration of waiting, but as few of us continually have pointed out many times, the first album celebrates it's 40th Anniversary this July.  The whole Warner deal is centered around her 40 years in the business. It only makes sense to re-issue the first expanded set when that anniversary comes around.  Everybody re-issue was released in a timely manner of it's 40th Anniversary and as you stated, they aren't going to pass up paying huge respect to her first album's release.  I suspect they are tying it into the tour as well.   I have to wonder if a brand new song will be tied to this first re-issue as well.  Maybe I'm stretching a bit, but Max Martin said the new song he and Madonna worked on is similar to her older music, so it's possible they recorded a new song to pay homage to the first re-issue. 

What are people going to say over and over when the anniversary comes and goes without a reissue or news on a reissue?

Im sure we will hear more excuses as to why we should wait now until the 50th anniversary and not say anything that sounds like a complaint until then.

Also have to add the :)

11 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I feel like the re-issue of FEL on rainbow vinyl ahead of the Celebration tour is this years main issue - I don't expect anything else this year to be honest.

Nah, I do believe whole heartily we are getting a 40th Anniversary re-issue of her first album in the coming months.  How they go about doing that, is a bit more questionable for me than nothing happening at all. There is no way they are going to let her first album's 40th Anniversary fly by without something big.  I'm betting they are going to tie it with the tour somehow and if there is a new song involved, it's evident they are trying to keep it all under wraps until they reveal a setlist or when the tour starts. 

1 minute ago, tscott said:

Nah, I do believe whole heartily we are getting a 40th Anniversary re-issue of her first album in the coming months.  How they go about doing that, is a bit more questionable for me than nothing happening at all. There is no way they are going to let her first album's 40th Anniversary fly by without something big.  I'm betting they are going to tie it with the tour somehow and if there is a new song involved, it's evident they are trying to keep it all under wraps until they reveal a setlist or when the tour starts. 

I hope so - but I'm not getting my hopes up :/

5 minutes ago, tscott said:

Ha.  I understand.  But I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised soon.  Like I mentioned, there is no way she and Warner aren't going to let the first album fly by without a celebratory release. 

Let's see hey! I mean ROL was kinda passed - got the holographic sleeve and the blanket (which it's winter here in Australia - and is keeping me warm :P)