MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

7 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Let's see hey! I mean ROL was kinda passed - got the holographic sleeve and the blanket (which it's winter here in Australia - and is keeping me warm :P)

The thing is; I got the impression from the press statement, the first re-issue would correlate with the actual 40th anniversary which makes sense to start with the debut album.  As @Prayerstated, "it's coming!" :) 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thought of her passing by old demos and replacing them with newly written tracks in the style of the album that is being reissued both terrifies and delights me. 
I suppose it really is naive if any of us to think that any album reissue will not feature some new material. I’d actually much rather new material on them than more of the woeful features she’s been doing. None of the Michael Jackson reissues with new version have stood the test of time. 

Also where on earth was that news from Max Martin saying it’s like her old stuff? 
and which old stuff? lol? That’s the broadest statement ever. Much like Timberland saying Hard Candy was like Lucky Star

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

The thought of her passing by old demos and replacing them with newly written tracks in the style of the album that is being reissued both terrifies and delights me. 
I suppose it really is naive if any of us to think that any album reissue will not feature some new material. I’d actually much rather new material on them than more of the woeful features she’s been doing. None of the Michael Jackson reissues with new version have stood the test of time. 

Also where on earth was that news from Max Martin saying it’s like her old stuff? 
and which old stuff? lol? That’s the broadest statement ever. Much like Timberland saying Hard Candy was like Lucky Star

She would never release new stuff on a reissue. 

6 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

She would never release new stuff on a reissue. 

You wouldn't think, right?  Seems like a really strange idea.  Unless she goes the Kristin Hersh route?

Not sure if anyone knows Hersh or her criminally underrated work, but she is a solo artist and bandleader of both Throwing Muses and 50 Foot Wave.  When she reissued the first Muses album in 1998, she and the band re-recorded 5 songs from the very first unreleased Muses demo.  

Maybe, since I really don't think that there's a ton of actual unreleased songs from the First Album sessions, she's doing something like new versions of her very earliest songs, the ones that we have never heard or only heard snippets of, like from the Shamrock tape.  If for some reason those songs can't be used in their original form, or maybe just to add something fresh to them (like Steve Bray did with Crimes of Passion from Pre-Madonna), she will do something similar in tone?  That's really the only way I would be interested in newly recorded songs on a reissue, but if she does go that route, I hope the original songs are featured too.  Can you imagine if she put out the original version of Tell the Truth (I think that's the name of the first song she ever wrote) alongside a newly released version?  That could actually be pretty cool if done right.

I do wonder, since she was obviously going through the reeeeeeeaaaaallllly old stuff awhile ago for the biopic, if she'll put any Breakfast Club/Emmy/Gotham/whatever songs on there.  That could be very interesting, even though I know that the Emmy and Gotham demos are already around out there.  It would be cool to get those songs in high quality, but I also hope that she digs even deeper into those vaults.  Just, release it ALL already!!  Lol.  

50 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

You wouldn't think, right?  Seems like a really strange idea.  Unless she goes the Kristin Hersh route?

Not sure if anyone knows Hersh or her criminally underrated work, but she is a solo artist and bandleader of both Throwing Muses and 50 Foot Wave.  When she reissued the first Muses album in 1998, she and the band re-recorded 5 songs from the very first unreleased Muses demo.  

Maybe, since I really don't think that there's a ton of actual unreleased songs from the First Album sessions, she's doing something like new versions of her very earliest songs, the ones that we have never heard or only heard snippets of, like from the Shamrock tape.  If for some reason those songs can't be used in their original form, or maybe just to add something fresh to them (like Steve Bray did with Crimes of Passion from Pre-Madonna), she will do something similar in tone?  That's really the only way I would be interested in newly recorded songs on a reissue, but if she does go that route, I hope the original songs are featured too.  Can you imagine if she put out the original version of Tell the Truth (I think that's the name of the first song she ever wrote) alongside a newly released version?  That could actually be pretty cool if done right.

Yeah, I would never say "never" because there are plenty of things she's done throughout her career, I never expected her to do, but she did do it.  Releasing something new will only help sell the re-issues more, along with any old demos or unreleased songs from that era.  I realize it's a reach and most likely isn't going to happen, but at the same time we know she has recorded new material and specifically with Max Martin who stated the song they worked on was "old school".  So it's not that far fetched that they could have collaborated on a song that may fit with an older album or have some nostalgic nod to her older albums that also may provide something new to tour with as well. 

These days, I would "never say never" when it comes to Madonna.  Besides, she's in the mode of capitalizing on her back catalog, so if she can reach more people with a new song, more power to her.  :)