MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, tscott said:

Yep... have to agree. Something is up.  They are trying to tie all this into this tour, as it will bring more interest from the general public as well.  I have a feeling that fans banks accounts will be emptied quickly, once the tour kicks off. 

I don't believe there is another compilation happening.  If anything I can see a re-issue of Celebration centered around the 40th anniversary and the tour though. Quite possibly new song or two added.  Adding those Interscope releases can be tricky since we know that those albums from Interscope are set for 2025 inclusions.  I can't see Warner releasing anyting with those songs you  listed at this time.  But if they were able to release the Madame X Tour on streaming and digital platforms already and this supposed live album happening, maybe something more has been worked out?  I'm sure someone more privy to the Warner agreement could chime in with additional input?  @Prayerwhat do you think?

I'd say anything is possible at the moment. Another compilation only a year after "Finally Enough Love" seems weird but it could work and it would sell well with the tour. As for the Interscope tracks, that wouldn't be a problem, Warner licensed all the 10s remixes for "FEL" from them and that was it. 

But I don't think we're getting a compilation? Though I can see an updated version of "Celebration" on digital. We'll see.

9 hours ago, Prayer said:

I'd say anything is possible at the moment. Another compilation only a year after "Finally Enough Love" seems weird but it could work and it would sell well with the tour. As for the Interscope tracks, that wouldn't be a problem, Warner licensed all the 10s remixes for "FEL" from them and that was it. 

But I don't think we're getting a compilation? Though I can see an updated version of "Celebration" on digital. We'll see.

Wait no Vinyl? Well, that would be a complete waste then.  LOL! :kiss2::ahh:

11 minutes ago, SalvoPK said:

madonna40 announcement this week pls :ay:

If it doesn't happen in the next week or so, then they are waiting for the FEL rainbow to be released, or simply doing what Janet Jackson's done with the Janet album and make the announcement on the actual anniversary date.  Whatever the case, there usually is an announcement at least two months before the actual release. 

If nothing happens by July 27th, then I would be concerned.

19 hours ago, tscott said:

If it doesn't happen in the next week or so, then they are waiting for the FEL rainbow to be released, or simply doing what Janet Jackson's done with the Janet album and make the announcement on the actual anniversary date.  Whatever the case, there usually is an announcement at least two months before the actual release. 

If nothing happens by July 27th, then I would be concerned.

Wait, do you mean Janet's planning on doing a deluxe edition of .janet? Man, I seriously hope it isn't just a calvacade of B-sides and remixes and actually fulfills her promise to make unreleased music (one she made back around her self-titled documentary).

EDIT: Nope, spoke too soon.

6 hours ago, xpressyourself said:

Wait, do you mean Janet's planning on doing a deluxe edition of .janet? Man, I seriously hope it isn't just a calvacade of B-sides and remixes and actually fulfills her promise to make unreleased music (one she made back around her self-titled documentary).

EDIT: Nope, spoke too soon.

My point was that she announced the pre-orders on the anniversary date, May 18th, rather months before. Therefore, folks won't be getting deluxe versions until July.  And that's what I fear is happening with Madonna. She will announce the pre-orders on the anniversary date and the expanded deluxe versions won't be available for two months or so after that. 

The content you are hoping for Madonna's re-issues is obviously your own expectations, and nothing promised, other than "expanded editions".  In that case, I would only expect b-sides and remixes included, but not an abundance of amount.  If demos, unreleased material is included, that even better.  But I'm not setting myself for that sort of expectation. 

10 hours ago, tscott said:

My point was that she announced the pre-orders on the anniversary date, May 18th, rather months before. Therefore, folks won't be getting deluxe versions until July.  And that's what I fear is happening with Madonna. She will announce the pre-orders on the anniversary date and the expanded deluxe versions won't be available for two months or so after that. 

The content you are hoping for Madonna's re-issues is obviously your own expectations, and nothing promised, other than "expanded editions".  In that case, I would only expect b-sides and remixes included, but not an abundance of amount.  If demos, unreleased material is included, that even better.  But I'm not setting myself for that sort of expectation. 

I assume we all lost any kind of expectation after more than 2 years of waiting since the official announcement. 

At this point, I as a longtime fan don't even care about any "anniversary release" at all. She should just FINALLY release anything, let us complain for a year (tour in a meantime and let us have fun) and then move on to another project, because this "album reissue" topic became utterly ridiculous at this point. 

7 hours ago, HC Charge said:

I assume we all lost any kind of expectation after more than 2 years of waiting since the official announcement. 

At this point, I as a longtime fan don't even care about any "anniversary release" at all. She should just FINALLY release anything, let us complain for a year (tour in a meantime and let us have fun) and then move on to another project, because this "album reissue" topic became utterly ridiculous at this point. 

I don’t know what’s more annoying at this point. Not getting the album reissues or the constant complaining from fans.

If people are frustrated they should complain to Rhino instead of here. Maybe that will offer some actual answers. 

9 hours ago, HC Charge said:

I’m the opposite, as a longtime don’t even want to mention the number fan, the only thing I’m holding onto is the GH Tour and the reissues. I’m hardcore M to Confessions fan but after that (HC to MX) for me it’s meh. I loathed MX so new music doesnt get me excited

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t know what’s more annoying at this point. Not getting the album reissues or the constant complaining from fans.

If people are frustrated they should complain to Rhino instead of here. Maybe that will offer some actual answers. 

Lemme help. 

It's not getting the album reissues. 

Please and thank you

13 hours ago, HC Charge said:

This topic is about the Warner deal that started less than 2 years ago and has been delivering since with FEL and special event releases. The expanded editions of the albums are part of this multi year deal. 

Let's not be dramatic.

42 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

This topic is about the Warner deal that started less than 2 years ago and has been delivering since with FEL and special event releases. The expanded editions of the albums are part of this multi year deal. 

Let's not be dramatic.

The Warner deal was supposed to bring us expanded releases for her landmark releases that fans have been waiting years for - I don’t think that meant hologram covers and vinyl singles of stuff we’ve had for decades - the FEL rainbow edition was the final kick in the teeth if you ask me so I’ve given up on this deal now … 

57 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

The Warner deal was supposed to bring us expanded releases for her landmark releases that fans have been waiting years for - I don’t think that meant hologram covers and vinyl singles of stuff we’ve had for decades - the FEL rainbow edition was the final kick in the teeth if you ask me so I’ve given up on this deal now … 

We are not even 2 years into the deal and it was clear it was a multi year deal from the press release. 

By all means give and up and come back when the first expanded edition is announced 

51 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

We are not even 2 years into the deal and it was clear it was a multi year deal from the press release. 

By all means give and up and come back when the first expanded edition is announced 

Oh the drama of it all.   Yes, let's release her 40th Anniversary debut album two years before it's reached it's 40th.  LOL!  No matter how much you explain and outline word for word what this deal stated people still don't get it.  This was more than just about those expansive deluxe sets.  We've already gotten stuff from this deal, namely FEL.  Her first album hasn't even hit the 40th anniversary date, and the Warner deal was very clear this was to celebrate her 40 years in the business.

1 hour ago, GregVsMatt said:

But you have to understand that most M fans are most excited about the album expansions.

I agree we shouldn’t get dramatic until after the 40th anniversary passes of the 1st album without an announcement.

After that, I think fans are entitled to bitch and complain since we are the ones that will be buying the product.

I agree it'll be disappointing if the anniversary of the debut comes in July and nothing is released. It's the perfect opportunity. But of course we don't know what's going on behind the scenes or even the big picture with the general plan. And also, the little things along the way, like the new song with Sam Smith, or whatever may come of what she did with Max Martin, etc. She has to balance it all.

Things to consider for a possible "Madonna 40" release, timeline wise:

- For a proper 40th anniversary release of "Madonna 40" in July, we should have an announcement and pre-orders by now, definitely. Our last hope could be next week (start of the month, perfect time to announce and having pre-orders go live, people usually have their wallets more full by that time xd), but I can't see a July release now, sadly.

- Another option would be announcing the reissue in July, with a September or October release. I mean, they don't have to stick to the anniversaries literally.

As always, pure speculation while we wait...

4 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

But you have to understand that most M fans are most excited about the album expansions.

I agree we shouldn’t get dramatic until after the 40th anniversary passes of the 1st album without an announcement.

After that, I think fans are entitled to bitch and complain since we are the ones that will be buying the product.

No, we are not entitled to bitch and complain about anything.Madona never said anything about a 40th anniversary. Fans made it up. I think we can forget a 40th anniversary edition of The First Album.

We know Madonna's people are working hard on this project, and I'm sure it'll be fabulous once it's released, but unless fans want a rushed release, we just have to wait until it's ready.

Now Madonna wants to get stuff out as soon as they're done. She said so herself. So as soon as everything's ready, it'll hit the record stores.