MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I agree it'll be disappointing if the anniversary of the debut comes in July and nothing is released. It's the perfect opportunity. But of course we don't know what's going on behind the scenes or even the big picture with the general plan. And also, the little things along the way, like the new song with Sam Smith, or whatever may come of what she did with Max Martin, etc. She has to balance it all.

Things to consider for a possible "Madonna 40" release, timeline wise:

- For a proper 40th anniversary release of "Madonna 40" in July, we should have an announcement and pre-orders by now, definitely. Our last hope could be next week (start of the month, perfect time to announce and having pre-orders go live, people usually have their wallets more full by that time xd), but I can't see a July release now, sadly.

- Another option would be announcing the reissue in July, with a September or October release. I mean, they don't have to stick to the anniversaries literally.

As always, pure speculation while we wait...

Very well said.  When I saw that Janet announced her re-issue deluxe of JANET album on her anniversary date,  I immediately thought that maybe the first re-issue pre-orders will happen on the actual anniversary date. Definitely not what I want to happen, but it is what it is.  Nothing was promised date wise anyway.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Celebration said:

No, we are not entitled to bitch and complain about anything.Madona never said anything about a 40th anniversary. Fans made it up. I think we can forget a 40th anniversary edition of The First Album.

We know Madonna's people are working hard on this project, and I'm sure it'll be fabulous once it's released, but unless fans want a rushed release, we just have to wait until it's ready.

Now Madonna wants to get stuff out as soon as they're done. She said so herself. So as soon as everything's ready, it'll hit the record stores.

Agreed.

I don’t want to hear a word from ANYONE when the anniversary passes and we don’t get an announcement of any sort.

Madonna has never followed a particular pattern nor has she ever catered to her fans, so why should she start now?

1 minute ago, Celebration said:

No, we are not entitled to bitch and complain about anything.Madona never said anything about a 40th anniversary. Fans made it up. I think we can forget a 40th anniversary edition of The First Album.

We know Madonna's people are working hard on this project, and I'm sure it'll be fabulous once it's released, but unless fans want a rushed release, we just have to wait until it's ready.

Now Madonna wants to get stuff out as soon as they're done. She said so herself. So as soon as everything's ready, it'll hit the record stores.

To be clear, the deal does encompass her 40 years in the business.  So it's not that difficult to assume they are rolling the first issue on her actual 40th Anniversary. 

That said, I do feel that they are probably starting with the FIrst Album re-issue which @Prayerhas cleverly dubbed as "Madonna 40".  But we'll see what happens.  I'm not worrying about anything until after July 27th.  Once that passes and nothing happens, then I'll be wondering what the hell is going on.  LOL!  

1 minute ago, tscott said:

To be clear, the deal does encompass her 40 years in the business.  So it's not that difficult to assume they are rolling the first issue on her actual 40th Anniversary. 

That said, I do feel that they are probably starting with the FIrst Album re-issue which @Prayerhas cleverly dubbed as "Madonna 40".  But we'll see what happens.  I'm not worrying about anything until after July 27th.  Once that passes and nothing happens, then I'll be wondering what the hell is going on.  LOL!  

Honestly, she has so many things on her plate at the moment:

- The tour, of course

- The new single with Sam Smith

- Potentially new songs and even a new album? Max Martin, Sickick...

- The reissues, back catalogue campaign

Not to use it as an excuse, but to put things into perspective. It's not like she's this legacy act and there's the reissues and that's it.

Plus timing. "Finally Enough Love" was released less than a year ago.

26 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Honestly, she has so many things on her plate at the moment:

- The tour, of course

- The new single with Sam Smith

- Potentially new songs and even a new album? Max Martin, Sickick...

- The reissues, back catalogue campaign

Not to use it as an excuse, but to put things into perspective. It's not like she's this legacy act and there's the reissues and that's it.

Plus timing. "Finally Enough Love" was released less than a year ago.

Totally agree.  And as you and others pointed out, we've already gotten stuff from this deal, but some dismiss it because it doesn't appeal to them or whatever.  FEL was a perfect idea to kick off the first curated project. At the same time, it celebrate her 50 dance hits in her 40 year career. 

One thing though, the expanded re-issues are being handle most likely by a separate team of people.  I can see this probably would take time and I suspect Madonna would be briefed and eventually asked to approve of the final product.  So yeah, she's busy and a lot has happened since this announcement.  In fact, I feel more has happened in the last two years then in most of her previous eras.  

I also get this impression (with the music business as a whole) anything goes.  Artists are releasing so much more frequently and I suspect a lot of that is do to the fact that record sales are just shitty.  So they keep generating new stuff and merchandise if not different editions to help make a profit. 

6 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I expect an announcement on the day the tour starts.

You might be on to something there.  Or at least some time that month, being July is the 40th Anniversary of her debut album being released.  I'm sure the tour venues will have a lot of merchandise celebrating a lot of her past work if not memorabilia.

3 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

But you have to understand that most M fans are most excited about the album expansions.

I agree we shouldn’t get dramatic until after the 40th anniversary passes of the 1st album without an announcement.

After that, I think fans are entitled to bitch and complain since we are the ones that will be buying the product.

Yes we all are excited for the expanded editions and when they are released, the complaints will switch to the content (no matter what M releases)

There are fans here who will attempt to create a false narrative that we are years into the deal and nothing has been released - which as we know is bullshit. 

4 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Yes we all are excited for the expanded editions and when they are released, the complaints will switch to the content (no matter what M releases)

There are fans here who will attempt to create a false narrative that we are years into the deal and nothing has been released - which as we know is bullshit. 

Yes true, no pun intended,d but human nature to complain about something you perceive as lacking - can never please everyone - but hopefully whatever comes does please the majority!

I agree also - we've been getting HEAPS - trips down memory lane with the single re issue's - RSD, FEL etc. 

On 5/24/2023 at 4:31 PM, wtg1987 said:

The Warner deal was supposed to bring us expanded releases for her landmark releases that fans have been waiting years for - I don’t think that meant hologram covers and vinyl singles of stuff we’ve had for decades - the FEL rainbow edition was the final kick in the teeth if you ask me so I’ve given up on this deal now … 

Does that mean you'll stop commenting and complaining about it?

On 5/27/2023 at 10:09 AM, wtg1987 said:

Of course not ! I’m a fan - why else would I be here - this campaign has been 2 years of foreplay 😜

Like you, I'm here only for  expanded releases for her landmark albuns. 

I don't collect vinyls since 1992 and I can't care less about the re-releases with 380 different colours. Good for vinyl collectors, I'm happy for them, but I wish expanded albuns in another formats (box sets, cds and streams). 

4 minutes ago, lap said:

Like you, I'm here only for  expanded releases for her landmark albuns. 

I don't collect vinyls since 1992 and I can't care less about the re-releases with 380 different colours. Good for vinyl collectors, I'm happy for them, but I wish expanded albuns in another formats (box sets, cds and streams). 

Be thanks full you're not TS fan then.......I'm still waiting for her to release and colour of her shit last Thursday edition 

7 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Taylor Swizz  is a con artist who is singularly ruining the planet.

After the apocolypse the only thing left will be Cher, Cockroaches and 15 colour variants of the Midnights album. 

I also love Taylor swift but sis.

The dolphins!!! 

Oh I like her too 

24 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/ace-of-base-beautiful-life-the-singles/

another artist/band pulling out all the stops - this is quite similar to the belinda carlisle box set (which i have) but this box includes instrumentals, demos, mixes etc ... hint hint - warner/madonna ?

You'd really need to have seen all the world has to offer before you'd settle down to listen to 341(!!!) Ace Of Base remixes.

Good lord... who asked for this?!

49 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/ace-of-base-beautiful-life-the-singles/

another artist/band pulling out all the stops - this is quite similar to the belinda carlisle box set (which i have) but this box includes instrumentals, demos, mixes etc ... hint hint - warner/madonna ?

Hmm?  Which Boxset are you referring to? I have all BC's boxset's she's released, and none are as extensive as this. I mean 26 CDs?  She's never released anything like this. 

Let's be honest, Ace Of Base or Dannii Minogue (I love her, but let's be real here) NEED everything they can and more to sell their box sets. Plus, if we're really comparing her to every other box set released is a dead end street in my opinion. We know she's going to be VERY involved in this.

Actually I was thinking today how inconvenient for us but brilliant for the reissues would be if they're waiting for her to smash and come back into the mainstream charts to release the first one, to maximize impact and sales. The Weeknd, Sam Smith, Max Martin... plus the tour, most likely it's only a matter of time until she gets a hit again?

Releasing the first reissue in her current situation vs if she's back as a main artist again would be very different, even if the reissues are aimed to the hardcore fans. But they need general public sales too.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Let's be honest, Ace Of Base or Dannii Minogue (I love her, but let's be real here) NEED everything they can and more to sell their box sets. Plus, if we're really comparing her to every other box set released is a dead end street in my opinion. We know she's going to be VERY involved in this.

Actually I was thinking today how inconvenient for us but brilliant for the reissues would be if they're waiting for her to smash and come back into the mainstream charts to release the first one, to maximize impact and sales. The Weeknd, Sam Smith, Max Martin... plus the tour, most likely it's only a matter of time until she gets a hit again?

Releasing the first reissue in her current situation vs if she's back as a main artist again would be very different, even if the reissues are aimed to the hardcore fans. But they need general public sales too.

Makes sense to me.  And with her debut album turning 40 in a month, I can't see how they will breeze past that with nothing, especially with the tour being celebratory of her 40 years of hits too. 

I will say, with the current S&M track soon to hit, it made me wonder if they might re-issue Erotica soon?  Probably not, but it's not like she's seeking for safe pop songs like Holiday, Music or Ray of Light. 

26 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I have no doubt that Warner will throw up a digital 40th anniversary, similar to the True Blue 35th, to streaming sites, so I guess we have that to look forward to.

2 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

You'd really need to have seen all the world has to offer before you'd settle down to listen to 341(!!!) Ace Of Base remixes.

Good lord... who asked for this?!

Who asked for this?  Ace of Base, of course.  The royalties is drying up. And they got kids at university looking to buy their first property.

i was just making the point how other artists are handling their legacies and putting it all out there and yet other much bigger artists think we should be pleased with scraps like another vinyl box set with stuff we've had for decades and then i and others get moaned at because i should be grateful for this crap !!

I think the press release was premature. Yes, they've released a few things here and there, but nothing "groundbreaking" like it mentions. While I love these songs, I don't think the Who's That Girl, Everybody or Erotica singles "made her an international icon," so they don't quite fit the description for me lol. Finally Enough Love was okay (minus the audio issues), but it was about as special as a Spotify playlist burned to a CD. It's cool that some of her singles/videos are getting the digital treatment, but even they have been imperfect and/or incomplete.

Personally, I'd enjoy a podcast on each of her albums or singles--something new from her that doesn't require too much coordination. Plus we know how much she loves spoken word these days. :kitty:

Almost two years for a genuinely exciting release is way too long of a gap for the casual fans to remember to look into it and too long for a large part of devoted fans to be happy about it, so mostly I'm just bummed it's become a non-event when it should have been HUGE from the moment it was announced. IMO the press release should've been distributed this year and all these little projects should've served as a buildup for the major announcement of the tour and expansive editions. That's assuming the first release announcement comes within the next few months like everyone says.