MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Replacing Who’s The Girl with Celebration makes sense to me. Since WTG is a soundtrack. I’m Breathless technically isn’t. And TIC and Celebration are prob considered “albums” because they contain new songs where GHV2 didn’t. That’s my guess

Compilation and live are definitely no "Studio Album" ?

This is THE news of the day, or the news of the year ! Who would have thought ?

I'm so excited ! How long does it take to get to 2022 ? Less than 150 days ! Can you think ?

>unique releases for special events

I think this is the biopic soundtrack, even if she still has to start filming it !

What really worries me:

>Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for

Will she be enough objective to do such work ? Or will it be "No American Pie on GHV2 cos It was on Music" again ? Will she let her ego step back ? I don't know

>many of her landmark albums

WAIT !? WHAT ? Many of her lendmark albums means: not all her albums will have the reissue treatment ! Well, it could even mean not all her landmark albums, too !

Is Bedtime stories enough to be labelled as "landmaek album" ? Ture Blue def is ! Like a Prayer def is ! Ray of light def is !

What about MDNA ? American Life ? Hard Candy ?

As a fan, I see them all as "landmark albums".

I really hope she reissues them all, it would be so bad if half her albums are ging to be reissued and others not.

Nothing on her last 3 albums before 2025, tho'

>“MDNA,” “Rebel Heart” and “Madame X,” which were released on Interscope, joining the Warner catalog beginning in 2025

So, what could we hope for 2022 ?

Erotica reissue ? it was released on 1992.

Then Biopic soundtrack

2023: Debut album 40th anniversary

ROL 25th anniversary

2024: LAV 40th anniversary

LAP 35th anniversary

Bedtime Stories 30th anniversary

2025: Music 25th anniversary

COADF 20th anniversary

2 minutes ago, BeepBeepBitchMove said:

Please I hope we get some 4K masters all the tour concerts. Has anyone seen the Prince deluxe expanded editions / boxsets his estate has been putting out the last few years? Those are absolutely fantastic if M took notes from that I'd be very happy. 

Same. I'd hope to see them follow deluxe editions format of Prince's releases (1999, Sign "O" The Times) with the album remastered, a disc (or two) of offical edits, remixes and b-sides, a disc of outtakes and demos and a live recording/dvd... we can only hope!

25 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I realize that… but something has to be counted to make 17. 

Probably the next three albums will be distributed by Warner and Madonna will continue to hold the rights as she did with Interscope, as I said before , Otherwise it would not have made sense to include MDNA, RH and MX in the contract as well... 

12 minutes ago, milingo83 said:

Probably the next three albums will be distributed by Warner and Madonna will continue to hold the rights as she did with Interscope, as I said before , Otherwise it would not have made sense to include MDNA, RH and MX in the contract as well... 

Variety article: no new music is included. Sadly

Just now, OceanBlue said:

17 albums ?

1. Madonna
2. Like a Virgin
3. True Blue
4. Whos' that Girl
5. Like a Prayer
6. I'm Breathless
7. Immaculate Collection
8. Erotica
9. Bedtime stories
10. Ray of Light
11. Music
12. American Life
13. Confessions on a dance floor
14. Hard Candy
15. MDNA
16. Rebel Heart
17. Madame X

?

They said 17 studio albums 

1 minute ago, steady75 said:

Would the forthcoming Madame X live CD be the 17th? Maybe there is additional tracks with it and it’s won’t follow the same format at the last two tours. 

This is a very interesting question ! Who''s gonna release MXlive ? It looks like it's not in the Warner deal (they say it starts with 2022 release !), but I can't see Live Nation releases it.