MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, stfan97 said:

I will believe it when I see it, but watch it be remixes for any bonus songs.

This is my biggest fear. I hope not, but I'm afraid we might be disappointed and get only previously released remixes as bonus tracks. Even if a serious Warner catalogue team is involved, even with Madonna and Oseary knowing perfectly which things have leaked in the last couple of decades and which have been talked about even longer than that (thinking about the Steve Bray article from 1999 confirming many outtakes that have never seen the light of day yet), I can't picture them really considering including unreleased material among the bonus tracks, when I think of their trajectory in this regard since... ever.

Though I really wish I am wrong because this is our only chance. If unreleased stuff isn't a central piece of a campaign like this, I guess it never will come out of the vaults. I wish she and her team would understand that it doesn't have to be anything ridiculously exhaustive (no need to have 5 different takes of the same song, as if her creative process was the same as The Beatles), but to throw in unreleased songs, studio outtakes with different arrangements or demos with each album is important for retrospectives like this, it's the key to make them relevant and definitive archives.

Edited by desperateK (see edit history)

Fantastic news!! 17 studio albums, hmmm ?, let's see

01. Madonna 

02. Like A Virgin

03. True Blue

04. Like A Prayer 

05. I'm Breathless

06. Erotica

07. Bedtime Stories 

08. Ray Of Light

09. Music 

10. American Life

11. Confessions On A Dancefloor

12. Hard Candy

13. MDNA

14. Rebel Heart 

15. Madame X

16.?? 

17.??

The 17 studio albums could either mean new albums (since she only has 14) or they’re counting some soundtracks as albums, like I’m Breathless and Evita. That said, they do also mention soundtracks and other stuff, so I guess we’ll see.

I just wish that they don’t mean only 2-3 albums will get the deluxe edition treatment, but rather all of them. Can you imagine how absolutely groundbreaking it would be to get a re-released Madonna album every few months with tons of extras, new artworks and goodies? ?? I never thought I’d read such good news from her.. like ever! I’m grateful she’s the one giving us such valuable presents on her birthday!

1 hour ago, BeepBeepBitchMove said:

Please I hope we get some 4K masters all the tour concerts. Has anyone seen the Prince deluxe expanded editions / boxsets his estate has been putting out the last few years? Those are absolutely fantastic if M took notes from that I'd be very happy. 

Yep - have them all (im a huge Prince fan )and they are amazing sets . all different packaging and designs too .Each time i bought one i kept thinking why cant M do this too ?

5 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

The 17 studio albums could either mean new albums (since she only has 14) or they’re counting some soundtracks as albums, like I’m Breathless and Evita. That said, they do also mention soundtracks and other stuff, so I guess we’ll see.

I just wish that they don’t mean only 2-3 albums will get the deluxe edition treatment, but rather all of them. Can you imagine how absolutely groundbreaking it would be to get a re-released Madonna album every few months with tons of extras, new artworks and goodies? ?? I never thought I’d read such good news from her.. like ever! I’m grateful she’s the one giving us such valuable presents on her birthday!

Yeah, like the reissue campain Why Pink Floyd?, where they released three big deluxe boxes in less that six months... :)

8 minutes ago, Jorick said:

Fantastic news!! 17 studio albums, hmmm ?, let's see

01. Madonna 

02. Like A Virgin

03. True Blue

04. Like A Prayer 

05. I'm Breathless

06. Erotica

07. Bedtime Stories 

08. Ray Of Light

09. Music 

10. American Life

11. Confessions On A Dancefloor

12. Hard Candy

13. MDNA

14. Rebel Heart 

15. Madame X

16.?? 

17.??

jesus why are people reading into the numbers so much :(. Move on please and talk about what could be released :)

25 minutes ago, OceanBlue said:

This is a very interesting question ! Who''s gonna release MXlive ? It looks like it's not in the Warner deal (they say it starts with 2022 release !), but I can't see Live Nation releases it.

The contract with Universal expired in 2020 (the rights still hold Madonna) so Warner will probably take care of the distribution of the MXT at this point ...

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I'm just absolutely speechless about this artist's work!

19 minutes ago, Nick said:

This is so exciting! Will these deluxe editions just include the full album plus some remixes? Or will there be anything new on them, do you think?

I mean it wouldn’t be impossible to see them feature a few unreleased songs or instrumentals maybe. She has tons of unreleased stuff. Fingers crossed that they actually finish those and release some of them, like Taylor Swift is doing.

I'm not a big fan of reissues and remasters. Technically there's nothing missing for me about Madonna's music. I have everything, every version, every single mix. It'd be nice to have real unreleased songs, but Madonna is not like Diana Ross, for instance, that you can't find several 7", 12" and  edit mixes. I always stick to the original mastering.

Warner DESTROYED Prince's Purple Rain when they released the expanded edition. That's not Purple Rain, that a transgenic, a monster, it's so horrible. 

But what makes me excited is the video possibility. I really want the old tours in HD quality, won't say 4k, it'd be glad with HD blurays.

9 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I mean it wouldn’t be impossible to see them feature a few unreleased songs or instrumentals maybe. She has tons of unreleased stuff. Fingers crossed that they actually finish those and release some of them, like Taylor Swift is doing.

I would 100% love that, as I'm sure we all will. I think it would be a missed opportunity to not do something like that. However, I don't want to get my hopes up too high. You can never tell with M & Warner.

“A rep for Warner confirmed that the partnership does not address new recordings; Madonna’s deal with Interscope Records ended last year, so she apparently remains a free agent for future music projects.”

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/madonna-signs-billie-eilish-publicist-1235042095/?cx_testId=49&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=2#cxrecs_s

unfortunately for the time being further albums aren’t apart of the deal. Hopefully M can come to an agreement and be back home recording new music under Warner ❤️