MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

If fans are involved, as I read, we could really have something amazing. As a fan I would ask them the album, every edit, extended, alternative mix etc... All the Instrumental, some unreleased tracks, some we know and some we don't. We need on cd all tracks that are vinyl only so far. 

Maybe that's why rusty Eagan was contacted and why she took out all her old tapes she sows on Instagram lol

To make it great, each album would have to be released in a box with 4 cd + 1 DVD (I wish blu Ray but my guess is that they will stick to DVD) with all the videos taken from the album. I wish they would do it in 4k, but real 1080p remastered would already be amazing. Maybe some making of, some TV appearance too

Each album in a box set like that... I'd buy in a heartbeat but that's a lot of work only à fan would be ready to do 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, RebelHeart97 said:

“A rep for Warner confirmed that the partnership does not address new recordings; Madonna’s deal with Interscope Records ended last year, so she apparently remains a free agent for future music projects.”

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/madonna-signs-billie-eilish-publicist-1235042095/?cx_testId=49&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=2#cxrecs_s

unfortunately for the time being further albums aren’t apart of the deal. Hopefully M can come to an agreement and be back home recording new music under Warner ❤️

"... and that he will represent her on a editorial and recordings level" practically they are saying that he has signed definitely with them ??

Screenshot_20210816_221254.jpg

8 minutes ago, Angelman60 said:

If fans are involved, as I read, we could really have something amazing. As a fan I would ask them the album, every edit, extended, alternative mix etc... All the Instrumental, some unreleased tracks, some we know and some we don't. We need on cd all tracks that are vinyl only so far. 

Maybe that's why rusty Eagan was contacted and why she took out all her old tapes she sows on Instagram lol

To make it great, each album would have to be released in a box with 4 cd + 1 DVD (I wish blu Ray but my guess is that they will stick to DVD) with all the videos taken from the album. I wish they would do it in 4k, but real 1080p remastered would already be amazing. Maybe some making of, some TV appearance too

Each album in a box set like that... I'd buy in a heartbeat but that's a lot of work only à fan would be ready to do 

I can't see an album boxset with ALL the remixes and instrumentals...

Erotica has 11 remixes, at least, Fever 9, Deeper and Deeper 12, Music 18, Don't tell me 15, What it feels like for a girl 17, Turn up the radio 8... Maybe if they are releasing single boxsets...

@OceanBlue, you're right I tend to forget all the mixes that are not made with the original multitrack, I was more focusing on the first albums while writing my answer.

But as a completist I'd love to see an anthology like that. If it doesn't happen, well,I guess we won't have to throw away all our collections ?

Just now, Angelman60 said:

@OceanBlue, you're right I tend to forget all the mixes that are not made with the original multitrack, I was more focusing on the first albums while writing my answer.

But as a completist I'd love to see an anthology like that. If it doesn't happen, well,I guess we won't have to throw away all our collections ?

Till True Blue the remix situation is quite good, then LAP...

Album Version (5:41)
Fade (5:07)
Video Version (5:31)
Churchapella (6:09)
12" Extended Remix (7:27)
7" Version (5:24)
7" Version - With Fade (5:10)
12" Club Version (6:35)
7" Remix/Edit (5:45)
12" Dance Mix (7:56)
7" Dance Edit (5:24)
12" Dance Mix Video Edit (5:44)
Instra Dub (6:01)
Bass Dub (5:49)
Dub Beats (4:39)
Remastered Version from The Immaculate Collection (5:50)

Express Youtself

Instrumental (5:05)
Instrumental (4:44)
Remix/Edit (5:00)
7" Remix (4:30)
Local Mix (6:27)
Non-Stop Express Mix (8:03)
Stop & Go Dubs (10:52)
1990/Shep's 'Spressin' Himself Re-Remix (9:34)
Remastered Version from The Immaculate Collection/Remix Album Version/Shep's 'Spressin' Himself Re-Mix/Edit Version (4:04)

Or Secret

Instrumental (5:02)
Edit/Album Edit/Edit Version/Video Version (4:32)
Video Instrumental (4:32) VCD
Drum Mix (5:16)
Allstar Mix (5:12)
Allstar Remix Instrumental (5:14)
Allstar Single Mix (4:09)
Junior's Luscious Club Mix (6:19)
Junior's Extended Luscious Mix (7:55)
Junior's Luscious Dub (6:22)
Junior's Luscious Single Mix (4:18)
Junior's Sound Factory Mix (10:19)
Junior's Sound Factory Dub (7:58)
Junior's Private Collection/Junior's Sexy Siren Mix (14:57)
Some Bizarre Mix (9:48)
Some Bizarre Single Mix (4:15)

And so on !

I would like a *complete* reissue, but some albums could be 10-12 cds !

Single boxsets would be fine, tho'.

Maybe Kevin Gore will tell her: limit to 2-3 cds for audio content

I wonder how long they have been working on this reissue program.
I remember Nile Rodgers saying a year, maybe two, ago that he was supervising a new remaster of Like A Virgin.

I also remember that Warner Canada said back in 2007 that they were in the process of remastering and  remixing her back catalog in 5.1 surround, so hopefully we'll get that in these boxes... :)

Just imagine Ray Of Light in surround... :hearteyes:

18 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I wonder how long they have been working on this reissue program.
I remember Nile Rodgers saying a year, maybe two, ago that he was supervising a new remaster of Like A Virgin.

I also remember that Warner Canada said back in 2007 that they were in the process of remastering and  remixing her back catalog in 5.1 surround, so hopefully we'll get that in these boxes... :)

Just imagine Ray Of Light in surround... :hearteyes:

OMG that would be just heavenly :worship:

2 hours ago, amscity said:

Warner DESTROYED Prince's Purple Rain when they released the expanded edition. That's not Purple Rain, that a transgenic, a monster, it's so horrible. 

It wasn't Warner, it was Prince himself. That's his remaster. The "Purple Rain" remaster was part of his coming back to Warner deal in 2014, but wasn't released until after his death cause he wanted to release the remaster and just that, no bonus tracks, and Warner wanted extra material.

It's a bad remaster, I agree.

My perfect idea for her 80's work would be something like the Michael Jackson's "Visionary" box but with the videos apart (not a double side CD one with audio and the other with video). They could make a nice box to buy with the first single and releasing a single each month or something like that. The collectors could buy the singles and put them in the box and the casual fans could buy just the singles they want. 

It could be something like this for Madonna:

"Everybody" (with the box) - CD with all the remixes
"Burning up" - CD with all the remixes
"Holiday" - CD with all the remixes
"Lucky star" - CD with all the remixes
"Borderline" - CD with all the remixes
DVD/ Blu ray with all the official videos and some performances. (I'd love all but that could be really complicated)

And finally a remastered version of the album with 2 CDs. The first one the original album. The second one with demos, songs like "Ain`t no big deal) or unreleased remixes. The album with a booklet with info about the songs, the singles, and would be great info of each song given by Madonna or the people that worked on it, outtakes and things like that.

The single box could be used for more albums, not make it a new one for each album... With that I would be completly happy and I think is a good way to let unreleased material with the album and, at the same time, the ones who want the remixes can buy the singles and have the official versions.

Of course a re-release of the 12'' maxis would be just perfect but I think it would be too much to ask for.

16 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It wasn't Warner, it was Prince himself. That's his remaster. The "Purple Rain" remaster was part of his coming back to Warner deal in 2014, but wasn't released until after his death cause he wanted to release the remaster and just that, no bonus tracks, and Warner wanted extra material.

It's a bad remaster, I agree.

Oh my Prince died in mysterious circumstances 2 years after his coming back to Warner deal AND he didn't want to release extra material which Warner got to do after he was dead..... :oi:

This is so exciting. I want everything, haha

I honestly don't think M will tie herself down to any label for new music. We are in the era of "If I feel inspired to do new music I will" and she has WB right there to distribute it if she wants. No need for her to sign a multi album deal anymore. WB wanted her back and I don't think they are going to let her go again. M is no longer under pressure to deliver new material but has the option anytime she is feeling it.