MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

8 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Do you think we'll finally get the LAP 30th Boxset that was up for preorder a few years ago then cancelled

Really? Never heard about it.

8 hours ago, stfan97 said:

I will believe it when I see it, but watch it be remixes for any bonus songs.

? I want unrealesed and demos but better Not think about it

7 hours ago, karlafalves said:

"For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums"

It's written expansive, but I read expensive. I'm probably right :silly:

I think they meant expensive...She is the material girl

3 hours ago, stfan97 said:

M has never shown ANY interest whatsoever in releasing any unreleased songs, so to hope for those is just setting oneself up for disappointment.

Exactly 

3 hours ago, Angelo said:

Soooooo

regular albums extended with remixes as bonus tracks???

Meryl Streep Florals For Spring GIF

Sure baby

3 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

If fans are involved, as I read, we could really have something amazing. As a fan I would ask them the album, every edit, extended, alternative mix etc... All the Instrumental, some unreleased tracks, some we know and some we don't. We need on cd all tracks that are vinyl only so far. 

Maybe that's why rusty Eagan was contacted and why she took out all her old tapes she sows on Instagram lol

To make it great, each album would have to be released in a box with 4 cd + 1 DVD (I wish blu Ray but my guess is that they will stick to DVD) with all the videos taken from the album. I wish they would do it in 4k, but real 1080p remastered would already be amazing. Maybe some making of, some TV appearance too

Each album in a box set like that... I'd buy in a heartbeat but that's a lot of work only à fan would be ready to do 

But fans are Not involved in the process

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madonna woke up today, called bestie Warner Music and decided to choose violence and chaos AND TO THINK I WOKE UP EARLY IN THE MORNING THINKING THAT SHE WOULD RELEASE VIDEOS OF HER BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION.

This is a good time for her to clean up the house and revitalize her discography for the new generation to see and listen. I am just hoping that the word "remastered" is PROPERLY applied to her songs and to her music videos because when it comes to that, I should not expect Celebration level of "remastering."

Having said that, would it be now possible for Warner to release the full Virgin Tour and Reinvention Tour as well as her previous tours in HD/4K, together with her music videos now finally in true HD/4K?

3 hours ago, Celebration said:

I wonder how long they have been working on this reissue program.
I remember Nile Rodgers saying a year, maybe two, ago that he was supervising a new remaster of Like A Virgin.

I also remember that Warner Canada said back in 2007 that they were in the process of remastering and  remixing her back catalog in 5.1 surround, so hopefully we'll get that in these boxes... :)

Just imagine Ray Of Light in surround... :hearteyes:

Really?

Is the HDTrack version of the LAV album the reissue Nile was talking about? And why was only Warner Canada the one who broke out the news about upmixing her albums in 5.1 surround sound?

Yes, I agree that hearing Ray of Light in 5.1 or even 7.1 surround sound on Apple Music or Spotify (soon) will end us all.

9 minutes ago, Warm Gun said:

Dolby already does a pretty decent job matrixing to surround. I've tested her CDs very little, but the vocals stay at the front and some of the instruments and chorus even go separately to the surrounds.

Wait, how? Does Rebel Heart and the Rebel Heart Tour Live CD has that feature too?

But to answer the how, you have to set your computer to stereo and then decode in Dolby Surround or Dolby ProLogic with your receiver. I just started listening to Ray of Light in surround as I type this, because of the discussion above. So far, I like what I'm hearing. I think I still prefer plain stereo, though.

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Madonna woke up today, called bestie Warner Music and decided to choose violence and chaos AND TO THINK I WOKE UP EARLY IN THE MORNING THINKING THAT SHE WOULD RELEASE VIDEOS OF HER BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION.

This is a good time for her to clean up the house and revitalize her discography for the new generation to see and listen. I am just hoping that the word "remastered" is PROPERLY applied to her songs and to her music videos because when it comes to that, I should not expect Celebration level of "remastering."

Having said that, would it be now possible for Warner to release the full Virgin Tour and Reinvention Tour as well as her previous tours in HD/4K, together with her music videos now finally in true HD/4K?

I don't think they would have made this big of a deal out of this announcement if they weren't intending to do a proper job of remastering and re-releasing these albums. To me, this sounds like a large campaign that's meant to celebrate her career. I have a feeling we're finally in for the treats that MJ and Prince fans have received throughout the last decade or so.

I really hope we finally get a release of full Virgin Tour, a decent release of Blond Ambition, her most iconic tour and also the unreleased Re-invention tour. And also deluxe versions of her early albuns with unreleased songs like Warning Signs, First is a Kiss, Love Attack, Each Time you break my heart. And fire her youtuber webmaster!!!!

1 hour ago, Warm Gun said:

Warner doesn't own any of the Blonde Ambition Tour videos.

I mean, Pioneer went out of business decades ago. I can't imagine them turning down a hefty check from Warner to score the rights or even come to a profit sharing deal. Plus I believe Madonna owns the Truth or Dare Paris footage but that's still unknown if the entire show was filmed or just selections. 

It just baffles me that one of the most famous tours of all time remain unreleased on DVD/BD.