MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when it comes to remasters, special editions (of newly released albums), compilations or boxsets or even remix albums madonna has always been dreadful

whatever deal she has now, i presume warner have made it clear the back catalogue has to be acknowledged and updated with new remasters and accept the hardcore fans have to be given something. we've literally never had any great special editions or expanded releases. it may be too late now cd sales are in the gutter. the time was the 2000's and she failed to deliver 

i hope she ignores, all greatest hits packages, remix albums and singles collections, tours or live album

forget that stuff

we just need remasters of all studio albums (not post ray of light though as those don't need it. just expanded editions of those) with a bonus cd of the single versions, 7 inch versions, edits, fades, video versions or whatever is the logical single version and a few remixes, old and new. maybe a third bonus cd in each package of unreleased tracks and the odd demo.

keep the sets simple and concise. original front covers and a booklet of somebody writing about the era and madonn's thoughts on it

in reality if it is going to be larger boxsets, the the template has been set by david bowie and his post death boxsets. they are concise and to the point

2 minutes ago, scion said:

With a special edition Cassette of the worst show of the tour as a live album... like the Houston bootleg that sounds like she's singing in a cave emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exclusive mini disc release of the ray of light volume 2 and 3. unreleased tracks and demos

for those who like cd, vinyl, streaming and downloading, a special edition 2 track "turn up the radio" remix package will be released

The fact that the additional demos and recorded stuff we know the least about is an her first four 80’s albums and those are the ones we are likely to get first is all sorts of gaggery. 
We’ll I hope they are . Princes rollouts have not been chronological. 
Outside of those four I personally  cannot wait for Erotica. 
it’s going to be sublime. 

I hope they don’t skip Immaculate and STR and GHV2. Theres an opportunity to boost sales of those too by releasing expanded editions with missed tracks and unreleased demos that were recorded specifically for those projects. 
Imagine a two disc immaculate. 
STR 2

GHV2 with American Pie Time Stood Still and The much rumoured Jolene cover. 
a literal dream. 

i I want them to ABBA Gold the shit out of Immaculate. Immaculate 35. 
2 disc and 3 disc editions up to modern day with new artwork and pics but in the same style to keep the brand consistent. 
That is something the GP will buy. 

39 minutes ago, steady75 said:

The fact that the additional demos and recorded stuff we know the least about is an her first four 80’s albums and those are the ones we are likely to get first is all sorts of gaggery. 

I hope they don’t skip Immaculate and STR and GHV2. Theres an opportunity to boost sales of those too by releasing expanded editions with missed tracks and unreleased demos that were recorded specifically for those projects. 
STR 2

a literal dream. 

2 disc and 3 disc editions up to modern day with new artwork and pics but in the same style to keep the brand consistent. 

Also don't forget she recorded two more songs for The Immaculate Collection that were not released! I'd love a Madonna solo version of Get over. 

I want all her singles that were never released on vinyl to be released on vinyl. 

Oh Father, One more chance, Love Don't Live Here anymore, You must love me, Buenos Aires, Give me all your luvin, Girl gone wild, Turn up the radio, Living for love, Ghosttown, Bitch I'm Madonna, Medellín, Crave, I don't search I find

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

STR 2

a literal dream. 

I wonder if there are songs that were mixed in QSound but never made it to the final tracklisting. That could be a good addition to the iconic compilation.