MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

1 minute ago, desperateK said:

mmmm... i don't know about the rest but i'm not that fan/buyer :-) i'd expect rigour and not lack of interest/lazyness from everyone involved in a campaign like this, but maybe that's just me and they really want to cash in with minimum effort. i guess we'll have to wait and see.

did you buy american life?

every version of that album is pressed wrong bar the japan cd release.

the cutting errors on tracks still remain to this day.

the sets are going to be nice. but they aren't going to be close to what any of us want. i don't want to hear any leaked demos or off cuts. i'd rather hear some complete unknown random tracks

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madonna

• Unreleased: Ain't No Big Deal
  • Remix: Everybody (COAD Promo)
  • Remix: Burning Up (Headcleanr Rock Remix) [doesn't exist but it can sound cool]

Like A Virgin

• Unreleased: Warning Signs
  • Remix: Material Girl (Stuart Price Remix)
  • Remix: Over And Over (Tracy Young Remix)

True Blue

• Unreleased: Tell Me
  • Remix: Open Your Heart (7" Remix) 
  • Remix: La Isla Bonita (Diplo)

Like A Prayer

• Unreleased: Possessive Love
  • Remix: Like A Prayer (7" Remix)
  • Remix: Express Yourself (7" Remix)

Erotica

• Unreleased: Love Hurts
  • Remix: Erotica/You Thrill Me (Remix)
  • Live: Fever (live from Arsenio Hall)

Bedtime Stories

• Unreleased: Bring It
  • Remix: Bedtime Story (Junio's Sound Factory Extended Mix)
  • Remix: Bedtime Story (Orbital Instrumental Remix)
  • Live: Take A Bow (American Music Awards)

Ray Of Light

• Unreleased: Regfresando
  • Remix: Ray Of Light (Richie Santana Remix)
  • Remix: Frozen (Calvin Harris "SAST" Remix)
  • Remix: Nothing Really Matters (Extended 25" Remix)

Music

• Unreleased: Alone Again
  • Remix: Music (Fedde Le Grand Remix)
  • Remix: Don't Tell Me (DJ Premier Remix)
  • Remix: Impressive Instant (Peter Rauhofer Universal Mix)

American Life

• Unreleased: Can't You See My Mind
  • Remix: Hollywood (Blow-Up Mix)
  • Remix: Love Profusion (DJ Who & Neoverse Remix)
  • Remix: Mother And Father (Johnny Rock Remix)

Confessions On a Dancefloor

• Unreleased: Triggering
  • Live: Hung Up (live from Grammy Awards)
  • Remix: Sorry (PSB Minimal Remix)
  • Remix: Jump (Axwell Demo Remix)

Hard Candy

• Unreleased: Across The Sky
  • Remix: Give It 2 Me (Blow-Up Mix)
  • Remix: Spanish Lesson (Peter Rauhofer Remix)
  • Remix: Dance 2night (Peter Rauhofer Remix)

Acoustic Album

• 15 old songs that she chooses and record an acoustic version

Some recent remixes wouldn't go well with older releases but this an example of what I'd like.

6 minutes ago, CYSMM said:

Madonna

• Unreleased: Ain't No Big Deal
  • Remix: Everybody (COAD Promo)
  • Remix: Burning Up (Headcleanr Rock Remix) [doesn't exist but it can sound cool]

Like A Virgin

• Unreleased: Warning Signs
  • Remix: Material Girl (Stuart Price Remix)
  • Remix: Over And Over (Tracy Young Remix)

True Blue

• Unreleased: Tell Me
  • Remix: Open Your Heart (7" Remix) 
  • Remix: La Isla Bonita (Diplo)

Like A Prayer

• Unreleased: Possessive Love
  • Remix: Like A Prayer (7" Remix)
  • Remix: Express Yourself (7" Remix)

Erotica

• Unreleased: Love Hurts
  • Remix: Erotica/You Thrill Me (Remix)
  • Remix: Fever (live from Arsenio Hall)

Bedtime Stories

• Unreleased: Bring It
  • Remix: Bedtime Story (Junio's Sound Factory Extended Mix)
  • Remix: Bedtime Story (Orbital Instrumental Remix)

Ray Of Light

• Unreleased: Regfresando
  • Remix: Ray Of Light (Richie Santana Remix)
  • Remix: Frozen (Calvin Harris "SAST" Remix)
  • Remix: Nothing Really Matters (Extended 25" Remix)

Music

• Unreleased: Alone Again
  • Remix: Music (Fedde Le Grand Remix)
  • Remix: Don't Tell Me (DJ Premier Remix)
  • Remix: Impressive Instant (Peter Rauhofer Universal Mix)

American Life

• Unreleased: Can't You See My Mind
  • Remix: Hollywood (Blow-Up Mix)
  • Remix: Love Profusion (DJ Who & Neoverse Remix)
  • Remix: Mother And Father (Johnny Rock Remix)

Confessions On a Dancefloor

• Unreleased: Triggering
  • Remix: Hung Up (live from Grammy Awards)
  • Remix: Sorry (PSB Minimal Remix)
  • Remix: Jump (Axwell Demo Remix)

Hard Candy

• Unreleased: Across The Sky
  • Remix: Give It 2 Me (Blow-Up Mix)
  • Remix: Spanish Lesson (Peter Rauhofer Remix)
  • Remix: Dance 2night (Peter Rauhofer Remix)

Acoustic Album

• 15 old songs that she chooses and record an acoustic version

Some recent remixes wouldn't go well with older releases but this an example of what I'd like.

I’d rather hear Nile Rodgers remixes of LAV and Material than some random stuff 

Think it is great news - hopefully a sign that if she makes a new studio albums they will be handled and released by Warner. I think it was a mistake leaving Warners in terms of her recording career the last 3 albums released are good not the same quality of what she released with Warners - so glad it looks like she will be working with them again for the music side of her career.

I think Prince will be Madonna’s staring point. They had the same label forever. Prince only wanted Purple Rain remastered. Since he died they have put out massive versions of stuff he never wanted heard. Madonna won’t think like fans who actually want to hear all that stuff that has been mostly brilliantly curated, she will think along the same line as Prince and just want them remastered without the demos. But the press release does say expanded. Whether that means from already released material I don’t know. I can’t see Madonna wanting any unreleased demos out there personally. 

If anything I can see them just tacking on singles from the 90’s and 80’s that were sort of homeless or were released by other artists. 

MADONNA:

Aint No Big Deal

reggies versions

LIKE A VIRGIN:

Into The Groove

Crazy For You

Gambler

Jellybeans / Brays versions 

TRUE BLUE:

Each Time You Break My Heart

Spotlight (Single version) 

Love Makes The World Go Round (Live Aid)

LIKE A PRAYER:

Supernatural

Possessive Love

Just A Dream

EROTICA:

This Used To Be My Playground

Up Down Suite

Ill Remember

Goodbye To Innocence 

BEDTIME STORY:

Freedom

Love Won’t Wait

Let Down Your Guard

Your Honesty

RAY OF LIGHT:

Beautiful Stranger

Be Careful With My Heart

Has To Be

MUSIC:

Cyberagga

Time Stood Still

American Pie

Etc etc. 

add on a few single mixes and maybe a live version and we’re done. I genuinely can’t see much more than that. I think the real tea will be in new compilations and live stuff TBH. 

Why is everyone saying she won’t include unreleased/demos… we’ve seen her jamming to demos from prefame on her instagram for months now as she dives into her history for her biopic. This is obviously a Madonna who is embracing her past artistry and unreleased content. Also they used the word “expansive” no way would that word be used on old remixes we’ve had forever 

I would like her to release some unreleased/unheard tracks with these albums. After all, she has shown interest in doing that in the past. However, I'm not really holding my breath for it. If it doesn't happen now, it'll never happen. 

I'd like these tracks:

Madonna: Ain't no big deal (don't know any other unreleased tracks from this album, but they could add some songs she recorded in the 70's. She filmed herself listening to them) 

Like a virgin: a couple of old demos (again not sure if there are unreleased tracks form this session) 

True blue: Each time you break my heart, Tell me (PLEAAAAASE), Open your heart and La isla Bonita 7" mixes

Like a prayer: Supernatural, Angel with dirty faces, Just a dream, Possessive love, First is a kiss (I want them all)

Erotica: You thrill me, Erotic, Goodbye to innocence (remastered demo). Other songs are unlikely but welcome. 

Bedtime stories: Love won't wait, Freedom, Let down your guard, your honesty, I'd rather be your lover (ft Tupac) (not sure if they are allowed to release this), Something's coming over (demo). There are plenty of unleaked outtakes too, but I won't list them. 

Ray of light: Has to be, Be careful with my heart (Madonna solo final demo), Revenge, Like a flower, Has to be, Ray of light 7-minute demo

Music: Cyberraga, Run, Liquid Love, Lo que siente la mujer + some other unheard tracks (there are many) 

American Life: Xstatic process (demo), + other unheard tracks (there are many) [but I'm not even sure American Life will receive a special edition] 

Confessions on a dance floor: Fighting spirit, Superpop, History (final demo), Keep the trance, I love New York (rock demo) 

Hard Candy: Across the sky, Animal, Ring my bell, Pala Tute, Devil wouldn't recognize you (original demo) [not sure if Hard candy will receive a deluxe edition] 

MDNA:?? Love spent acoustic? They will do something with this as soon as it passes over to them, otherwise they're not making money off it. 

Rebel heart: there are so many unreleased songs and demos, as we all know

Madame X: we don't know of any unreleased tracks, but they exist for sure

On 8/16/2021 at 9:40 AM, New_Boy said:

Not sure if they're counting "Who's That Girl", "I'm Breathless" and "Evita" in there... kinda fits. 
Immensely happy about all of this!

I've always personally counted I'm Breathless as a studio album since I clearly remember seeing the album and the official OST album side by side in stores in 1990. There was also another album of just the scores from the film. I'm Breathless is a concept album mind you, but I still consider it a studio album, even though technically it probably a soundtrack. 3 soundtracks for 1 film, lol.

At least for what I've heard:

Madonna 2022 Reissue:

New remaster +

Ain't No Big Deal

Sidewalk Talk (Solo Version)

Promises Promises (Naked Eyes and Madonna) and maybe some unreleased songs that we don't know.

Like a Virgin

New Remaster +

Into The Groove

Crazy For You

Gambler

Stay (Stephen Bray demo)

Desperately Seeking Susan (Stephen Bray demo)

Extended Mixes and Dubs 

True Blue

New remaster +

Who's that girl

Causing a commotion

The look of love

Can't stop

Spotlight (original 1985 version)

Each time you break my heart (solo demo)

Tell me (solo demo)

I Want You (Stephen Bray demo)

LIKE A PRAYER

This one desperetelly needs a new remaster! +

Possessive Love

Love Attack

First There's a Kiss

Just A Dream (original Madonna demo) 

Angels With Dirty Faces

Supernatural

EROTICA (ufff this one is my fave!)

New remaster+

Goodbye to Innocence

Shame

You Are the One

Dear Father

Jitterbug

BEDTIME STORIES

New remaster+

Something's Coming Over Me

I Will Always Have You

I'd Rather Be Your Lover (feat. Tupac Shakur)

Love Won't Wait - original 1994 demo

Bring It

Goodtime

Tongue Tied

Right On Time

On 8/17/2021 at 1:06 PM, Roy said:

But the Yokohama and the Nice releases are owned by Pioneer. This is going to be tough.

Pretty sure Warner Music Japan released Yokohama. Nice isn't owned in purpetuity by Pioneer. Pretty sure it was a exclusive distribution deal with M and WB agreeing not to release a competing VHS release of the concert during the time of the deal.

In other words Pioneer probably never actually owned BAT Nice

1 hour ago, me1981 said:

Pretty sure Warner Music Japan released Yokohama. Nice isn't owned in purpetuity by Pioneer. Pretty sure it was a exclusive distribution deal with M and WB agreeing not to release a competing VHS release of the concert during the time of the deal.

In other words Pioneer probably never actually owned BAT Nice

Yes this is true. After Pepsi dropped out of Sponsoring her Blond Ambition Tour, Pioneer sponsored it and as part of that deal Pioneer would release a Laserdisc ONLY of the Tour. Madonna & WB could not release a competing home video format for 1 year after the Laserdisc had been out. Truth Or Dare was so big in terms of success it was the highest grossing documentary of all time before Michael Moore's Bowling For Columbine. I guess they just forgot about the Concert part or thought people don't care. ?‍♂️

Sometimes being a Madonna fan can be very frustrating.??

I see you guys postilng about TELL ME, but to me a Madonna solo version does not exist. It's not a Madonna composition like Each Time, it's not from a Madonna record project. It's not from the True Blue era (they recorded the vocals for its release in 1988) ad it's not from the Like A Prayer sessions. She only courtesy did the background vocals for Nick (to double the success of Each Time): it's a "Scheherazade-ish" thing. I'd love to hear "Work Your Fingers To The Bone" from that era (Bray - Jellybean final version).

1 hour ago, MisterMistere said:

I see you guys postilng about TELL ME, but to me a Madonna solo version does not exist. It's not a Madonna composition like Each Time, it's not from a Madonna record project. It's not from the True Blue era (they recorded the vocals for its release in 1988) ad it's not from the Like A Prayer sessions. She only courtesy did the background vocals for Nick (to double the success of Each Time): it's a "Scheherazade-ish" thing. I'd love to hear "Work Your Fingers To The Bone" from that era (Bray - Jellybean final version).

I was thinking the same... As far as we know she never recorded a solo version. The Madonna "solo" demo that is shared in some places is just a fan-made version using her vocals from the "Dub".

Something similar happens with "Possessive love"... As far as I know it was written in the "True blue" sessions but Madonna thought the lyrics didn't fit on the album so she didn't record the song and when Leonard was working with Marilyn Martin they decided to give her the song but there was not a previous demo sang by Madonna. I'm not 100% sure of this, maybe someone can confirm.

15 minutes ago, scamper said:

I was thinking the same... As far as we know she never recorded a solo version. The Madonna "solo" demo that is shared in some places is just a fan-made version using her vocals from the "Dub".

Something similar happens with "Possessive love"... As far as I know it was written in the "True blue" sessions but Madonna thought the lyrics didn't fit on the album so she didn't record the song and when Leonard was working with Marilyn Martin they decided to give her the song but there was not a previous demo sang by Madonna. I'm not 100% sure of this, maybe someone can confirm.

"Possessive Love" is from the post-True Blue era, not 1985 or 1986; is mostly from late 1987 (post Who's That Girl tour, Jai Winding is also part of the composition) - 1988 early Like A Prayer sessions and, in this place, IT IS a Madonna co-writing. A Madonna demo exists in this case.

Wasn’t there a rumour (nearly a fact, according to insiders/hackers) about Price remastering all of her stuff with Warner in DVDA format around 2003? 

Makes me wonder if those sonically improved versions of LAP (7’’ Mix and promo dubs) and True Blue (Remix Edit) are actually part of his work!

1 hour ago, MisterMistere said:

"Possessive Love" is from the post-True Blue era, not 1985 or 1986; is mostly from late 1987 (post Who's That Girl tour, Jai Winding is also part of the composition) - 1988 early Like A Prayer sessions and, in this place, IT IS a Madonna co-writing. A Madonna demo exists in this case.

Here I found something... yeah, as you said it was not from "True blue" sessions as I thought

https://todayinmadonnahistory.com/tag/possessive-love/

Anyway, the song was released as a single in January of 1988 and seems that Marilyn Martin says that the song was written specifically for her...I really doubt that Madonna made a recording of the song after she finished the tour  on September 1987 and before the song was released in January of 1988, but who knows...