MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Not every album calls for the same treatment IMHO

I would love the original Hard Candy concept brought to life. 

I would love an X-Static Process Art addition to American Life

Ray of Light demos with William Orbit crazy edits

A collection of her legendary one take vocal accapellas from the 80s and 90s

Everything Confessions!!!

Erotica Instrumentals

Bedtime Stories Instrumentals

I think it's difficult to get aborted projects, yet there is a chance that:

1 the Bedtime Stories demos surface, so we see the transition from Shep to r'n'b

2 I'd love to know more about the Hello Suckers demos. Apparently there is a ballad called When I'm Gone that is beautiful.

20 minutes ago, Enrico said:

They could do something like Barbea Streisand's Release Me: a collection of unheard tracks, where they kept the original vocals but sometimes reworked the arrangement / production to make the song sound fresh and modern.

That would be amazing if Stuart Price could work on some of them, still I would like to listen to the originals

2 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

If a small rock band like Garbage can remaster and re-release their 3rd studio album, originally released in 2001 with b sides, demos and remixes (including both commercially released and rare ones that collectors don't even know about) like they've done for their previous two albums (the 1995 debut and 1998's follow up Version 2.0), there's no reason M can't do something similar 

https://music.apple.com/us/album/beautifulgarbage-20th-anniversary-deluxe/1580427316

I agree! Garbage gave the same treatment to their first two albums  as well. I’m not sure I would call them small though. They were huge in the 90’s. 

I just hope she’s objective when it comes to over seeing these releases - by that I mean if she doesn’t like a demo it doesn’t mean her fans won’t necessarily dislike it too.  I just want all the unreleased stuff that’s in the archives and digitised so we will always have it on a cd - i could care less about vinyl and streaming and what order her tracks and versions are on Spotify ?

I’m nervous about her curating it herself. One can’t be objective about oneself. She might leave out things she just doesn’t like. Didn’t she once say that Cherish was “the most retarded” song she ever wrote?

Anyway, she’s not a musician or a music fan, so she probably won’t look at this whole project the same way we do. Just look at how she went about The Immaculate Collection. Who newly remixes their entire greatest hits album with their current producer? Well she did and it actually turned out pretty good.

So maybe we’re all fretting over nothing.

I’m just hoping to get digital versions of some of the tracks that have never been available digitally before: 

-the million different versions of Everybody

-the alternate version of Burning Up

-Open Your Heart remix

-You Can Dance single edits

And I’ve always heard that she didn’t really have a lot of unreleased material. I mean, again, she’s not a musician, so she doesn’t sit around her house making new music in her free time like Prince, Bowie, MJ, etc. So I hope all these bonus tracks are alternate versions and unreleased remixes. I love that shit.

I'm thinking they're gonna go by anniversary for these releases? 

So maybe it'll look something like this:

2022:

-Who's that girl tour 35th Anniversary bluray

- Confessions Tour 15th anniversary bluray

- Erotica 30th 

2023:

-Madonna 40th

- Girlie Show 30th

- American life 20th (?) 

-Ray of light 25th

- Hard Candy 15th

2024:

- Like a Virgin 40th (+ Virgin tour?) 

- Like a prayer 35th

- Bedtime stories 30th

- Reinvention tour 20th

- Celebration 15th

- Blond Ambition and Immaculate collection 35th

- Music 25th

- something to remember 30th

- Confessions 20th

- Rebel heart 10th

1 hour ago, clkelley39 said:

I’m just hoping to get digital versions of some of the tracks that have never been available digitally before: 

-the million different versions of Everybody

-the alternate version of Burning Up

-Open Your Heart remix

-You Can Dance single edits

Ummm the Open Your Hear Remix and You Can Dance Single Edits have been officially released on CD

I've never cared much about instruments of songs.

7 hours ago, feehgarcia said:

You guys are so lucky... Janet is also celebrating her 40th Anniversary next year and we don't even have her music videos unblocked Worldwide on Youtube! Bitch owns her masters but what for since she's not using them?!

:Madonna008:

At least Janet isn't making her videos look WORSE with AI upscaling.

1 hour ago, PatrickSamuel said:

Didn't the press release say it was her landmark albums? When did Hard Candy gravitate toward that status?

I do think they’ll do all her studio albums at least. 
So I’m Breathless, Who’s That Girl, You Can Dance, STR, Evita, GHV2, R&R and the live albums won’t be touched. I can’t see MDNA Through Rebel Heart getting a treatment either. 

Immaculate will be really pushed as the jewel in her crown. 

I'm thinking they're gonna go by anniversary for these releases? 
So maybe it'll look something like this:
2022:
-Who's that girl tour 35th Anniversary bluray
- Confessions Tour 15th anniversary bluray
- Erotica 30th 

2023:
-Madonna 40th
- Girlie Show 30th
- American life 20th (?) 
-Ray of light 25th
- Hard Candy 15th

2024:
- Like a Virgin 40th (+ Virgin tour?) 
- Like a prayer 35th
- Bedtime stories 30th
- Reinvention tour 20th
- Celebration 15th

- Blond Ambition and Immaculate collection 35th
- Music 25th
- something to remember 30th
- Confessions 20th
- Rebel heart 10th

No chance of a Who's That Girl bluray... the footage is all from a video tape source, there's literally no way of it being made HD, besides a digital upscale that would be subpar at best as it'd still look worse than her modern DVDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, scion said:

No chance of a Who's That Girl bluray... the footage is all from a video tape source, there's literally no way of it being made HD, besides a digital upscale that would be subpar at best as it'd still look worse than her modern DVDs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be happy with an official dvd of the who’s that girl tour Tokyo gig so I can retire my laserdisc -or maybe Warner’s has the holy grail Florence show somewhere - now that would be an awesome surprise ??