MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Something like the 2015 collector's edition of Jagged Little Pill would be fun,

the main album remastered from the original tapes, a selection of demos from the era, the 2005 acoustic album, a previously unreleased live concert and an essay / retrospective by alanis and the producers, 

https://www.discogs.com/Alanis-Morissette-Jagged-Little-Pill-Collectors-Edition/release/7778477

Alanis really needs to stop milking this album though

Alani's stuff are so amazing <3 She treat her fans so good

4 hours ago, Jackie said:

And she would want to market it to the highest bidder - 

Nah, with MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X going to Warner, it sounds like she is making it her home and putting all her material under one roof. It would be weird to have the new stuff under a different label. 

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

I don't hope more than the typical example of the bad version of the edition of True Blue 35th anniversary....

Amateurism invaded at all levels

I just blame that on Madonna's wicked sence of humor. The real box will (hopefully) blow our socks off!

The deluxes will be fantastic. Just look at what Kevin Gore has done before. Not the boring Bowie boxes, but the amazing stuff with Zeppelin. :)

11 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Considering Madonna said Soon about Madame X in January 2018…. Probably September 2022

On 8/26/2021 at 4:53 AM, valonqar said:

I'm very fond of digibook/casebound book packages, the artwork seems to work better than in a jewel case.

I created a concept mockup for the LP box set too:

vinylbox-final-1.thumb.jpg.e4a38faef83453f7b2f1a6a1dfdfb5e3.jpg

Get thee to WB records immediately. Stalk Guy Oseary until he sees this. You are amazing!

On 8/26/2021 at 11:53 AM, valonqar said:

I'm very fond of digibook/casebound book packages, the artwork seems to work better than in a jewel case.

I created a concept mockup for the LP box set too:

vinylbox-final-1.thumb.jpg.e4a38faef83453f7b2f1a6a1dfdfb5e3.jpg

You're such a tease. Hold on, let me dream about this, if it were made possible. So about 300€ for the whole bunch? Delivery cost should be around 50€ max, insured and signed within the EU.

12 hours ago, schumakg86 said:

Get thee to WB records immediately. Stalk Guy Oseary until he sees this. You are amazing!

Thank you! I posted this on twitter and tag everyone. I think Rhino is aware this mockup, they liked a message posted by Paul from superdeluxeedition.com.

I was watching a unboxing video for a Led Zepelin's boxset album and I assuming Kevin Gore overseen this one. So I'm not worried anymore about the art direction, I just hope they stop using scanned images of the artwork sleeves like they did on cds, vinyls and even in streaming services.

I'm now worried about the content, I need in my life every different take, early mixes and demo included. 

2 hours ago, poodle said:

You're such a tease. Hold on, let me dream about this, if it were made possible. So about 300€ for the whole bunch? Delivery cost should be around 50€ max, insured and signed within the EU.

No no no. Prince's Sign O The Times 13 LP deluxe box is €199, so this beauty with six LPs should go for maybe €100-120?

Unless they include some PreMadonna stuff I think the debut will actually be one of the most dissapointing. 

There's essentially Ain't No Big Deal and maybe the Reggie Lucas versions at best. Maybe some demos of stuff we already have. The Virgin Tour single CD would be cute but it's the wrong era. 

I'd say beef it out with some remastered TV performances but they were all lipped no?

I'm not sure what else they could give us apart from other peoples songs.

"Shake Your Head" - The Was Not Was song .Highly unlikely.

"Sidewalk Talk" - Probably closer to Like A Virgin Era.

It's very thin on the ground. 

We know "Writers Block" is a database entry error. 

A special edition with unheard bonus tracks.....urm...thanks....I guess. 

So what I'm saying is...this has GOT to be the premadonna era gold were all waiting for on an official release please.

1 hour ago, Material Girl said:

Maybe there's a world of things we don't know...

That’s what is so exciting about this agreement - there could be many songs we don’t know about ?? I just hope it’s executed well - packaging is important but at the end of the day it’s about substance not style 

On 8/28/2021 at 4:41 AM, BadGurlMadge said:

I’ve noticed that Rhino stopped liking designs on twitter in general and only likes response. As an example it appears they didn’t check my Confessions vinyl but they liked a reply to a person, the reply I made said “thank you”

Maybe so they can’t be accused of plagiarism when they take all the fans ideas