MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happened to Pat Leonard’s “bring the circus home”?

Maybe he’ll be involved and we will get his new “dub versions” with each release. I would hope so. 

and I’ve been saying for years that a lot of us would love timeless, organic, acoustic versions of her songs with her naturally warm singing voice. It can’t be that hard nor expensive to record each album as an acoustic set and make us happy, people who’ve supported even her utmost ridiculous endeavors. ;)

She could film each acoustic recording session and stream it. Doesn’t have to be a live stream, edit it, fix the vocals bla bla. Fukk i would be so into it. 

12 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

Maybe he’ll be involved and we will get his new “dub versions” with each release. I would hope so. 

and I’ve been saying for years that a lot of us would love timeless, organic, acoustic versions of her songs with her naturally warm singing voice. It can’t be that hard nor expensive to record each album as an acoustic set and make us happy, people who’ve supported even her utmost ridiculous endeavors. ;)

She could film each acoustic recording session and stream it. Doesn’t have to be a live stream, edit it, fix the vocals bla bla. Fukk i would be so into it. 

Patrick Leonard sold his rights to his entire back catalogue, so he's probably retired for good

24 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Patrick Leonard sold his rights to his entire back catalogue, so he's probably retired for good

How does that work though if Warner owns all the rights?  ??‍♂️ Does that mean whoever bought Leonard’s catalogue gets royalty payments?

And im still wondering why his project got scrapped. It was pretty much done, no?

23 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

How does that work though if Warner owns all the rights?  ??‍♂️ Does that mean whoever bought Leonard’s catalogue gets royalty payments?

And im still wondering why his project got scrapped. It was pretty much done, no?

I don't think he reached his fundraising goal?

2 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

Madonna is a pop artist. Folk music is really not her strength unless it’s manipulated by someone brilliant like Mirwais or Stuart Price.

Re-recording an album is as expensive and time consuming as making a new album. Also it seems like a nightmare for her to be trapped in the studio re-recording her old songs. 
And all this for a project that presents interest to a small group of fans, since most people would never care about such a project from her.

She has plenty of unreleased material that can be polished an released instead

1 minute ago, thegoldencalf said:

Madonna is a pop artist. Folk music is really not her strength unless it’s manipulated by someone brilliant like Mirwais or Stuart Price.

Re-recording an album is as expensive and time consuming as making a new album. Also it seems like a nightmare for her to be trapped in the studio re-recording her old songs. 
And all this for a project that presents interest to a small group of fans, since most people would never care about such a project from her.

She has plenty of unreleased material that can be polished an released instead

Who said anything about folk music? And no, doing one off unplugged sets is not as expensive as recording a new album. On top of it you have no clue how many fans would love unplugged versions of her songs. As it's looking right now not many people care about anything she is putting out, besides us fanatics who buy multiple copies of stuff.

But thanks for your input.

3 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

Who said anything about folk music? And no, doing one off unplugged sets is not as expensive as recording a new album. On top of it you have no clue how many fans would love unplugged versions of her songs. As it's looking right now not many people care about anything she is putting out, besides us fanatics who buy multiple copies of stuff.

But thanks for your input.

They would still need to pay a producer, a full band, someone to mix the album, backup singer, hours of studio time etc. 
There’s a 1 in a million chance she would do this for a selection of songs but never for multiple full albums. 
This Warner deal did not randomly happen now. There’s a huge trend of younger people taking an active commercial interest in legacy artists like Madonna. 
MadameX fell under the radar because  her legacy work was not been properly managed. 
If her older work is heavily promoted and she puts out a new album targeted for streaming it’s a different ballgame. 

I think there is potential to that, in a way of Tears Of A Clown show mastered and issued as bonus. For example Kylie Minogue released the Abbey Road Sessions and those acoustic versions are timeless. I could see Madonna's American Life (On Stage and On the Record) MTV session be released. It was so good.

20 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

No thanks, who actually wants an album of acoustic crap of her old albums. I don't know anyone who would want that nonsense. That would be an utmost, ridiculous endeavour. Luckily that will never happen, thank goodness.

23 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

I’ve been saying for years that a lot of us would love timeless, organic, acoustic versions of her songs with her naturally warm singing voice. It can’t be that hard nor expensive to record each album as an acoustic set and make us happy, people who’ve supported even her utmost ridiculous endeavors. ;)

Oh please, no. It would be boring and a waste of time.

5 hours ago, baymad4her said:

No thanks, who actually wants an album of acoustic crap of her old albums. I don't know anyone who would want that nonsense. That would be an utmost, ridiculous endeavour. Luckily that will never happen, thank goodness.

Not all of her fans are big old cha cha queens who want girl gone wild vibes. Some of us actually love her voice and would love to hear it in an organic setting. 

Why not root for all of us to get a bit of what we desire to hear from her? You can have your cheap dance beat loops, as always and we can root for more organic stuff. It’s really not one or the other.  

10 hours ago, Rory said:

I think there is potential to that, in a way of Tears Of A Clown show mastered and issued as bonus. For example Kylie Minogue released the Abbey Road Sessions and those acoustic versions are timeless. I could see Madonna's American Life (On Stage and On the Record) MTV session be released. It was so good.

Kylie’s Abbey Road Sessions are indeed beautiful. At least most of it.

On 8/27/2021 at 10:55 PM, Celebration said:

No no no. Prince's Sign O The Times 13 LP deluxe box is €199, so this beauty with six LPs should go for maybe €100-120?

Prince put out an album every time he went for a shit. Of the big three born in 1958 she's the only living one, and there's no hoping for another death surge/bonus in sales in the near future - then 300€ seems reasonable for us (me) collectors of the early eras, but only if we (me) were to have a proper set like the lovely mockup.

1 hour ago, DaddyZ said:

Not all of her fans are big old cha cha queens who want girl gone wild vibes. Some of us actually love her voice and would love to hear it in an organic setting. 

Why not root for all of us to get a bit of what we desire to hear from her? You can have your cheap dance beat loops, as always and we can root for more organic stuff. It’s really not one or the other.  

You want this?

1 hour ago, DaddyZ said:

Firstly, I am no queen! So take your stereotypical crap somewhere else.

Secondly, this debate or whatever it is with you, is redundant. Madonna will never release that crap you want, ever. Go listen to Michael Bublé or something. 

Jesus Christ, some of you guys make a drama out of every little thing, calm down. Some fans would love an acoustic session of her stuff, I don't see what's so terrifying about it, no need to get cocky :Madonna026:

I honestly would like it too as a "bonus" during the Warner campaign. But the priority goes to the remasters and unreleaseds! 

16 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Jesus Christ, some of you guys make a drama out of every little thing, calm down. Some fans would love an acoustic session of her stuff, I don't see what's so terrifying about it, no need to get cocky :Madonna026:

I honestly would like it too as a "bonus" during the Warner campaign. But the priority goes to the remasters and unreleaseds! 

To be honest I'd prefer an acoustic album with her greatest hits re-recorded than another album with rapers and latin reggaetoneros  :Madonna040: