MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, poodle said:

Prince put out an album every time he went for a shit. Of the big three born in 1958 she's the only living one, and there's no hoping for another death surge/bonus in sales in the near future - then 300€ seems reasonable for us (me) collectors of the early eras, but only if we (me) were to have a proper set like the lovely mockup.

Hmm. How nicely put. :eyesroll:

No, seriousely. There's not enough music on six LPs and one DVD to justify that price.

24 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

Oh, yes. I really can't wait for the expansive editions to be an acoustic of all her albums.

That will really put Madonna back on the map ?

I don't get your point at all tbh. An acoustic hits compilation would only be "an extra", it's like (if not better than) asking for demos and extended versions, it would also be the closest thing to a STR 2.0. That's what this campaign is all about after all, celebrating her work giving us more and more of everything, but yeah you're right, let's only ask for dub versions and radio edits, that would surely put her on the map again! gretchen amp GIF

46 minutes ago, PanditaRulez said:

To be honest I'd prefer an acoustic album with her greatest hits re-recorded than another album with rapers and latin reggaetoneros  :Madonna040:

This! It would be a nice add to her catalogue, it would be also the most similar thing to both an MTV Unplugged live album and a Something To Remember 2.0! I don't get their bitterness tbh lol

17 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Another day another cat fight on here :Madonna006:

If only people here spent as much time in streaming Madame X instead of being overdramatic, the album would be certified double diamond by now gretchen base GIF

19 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I don't get your point at all tbh. An acoustic hits compilation would only be "an extra", it's like (if not better than) asking for demos and extended versions, it would also be the closest thing to a STR 2.0. That's what this campaign is all about after all, celebrating her work giving us more and more of everything, but yeah you're right, let's only ask for dub versions and radio edits, that would surely put her on the map again! 

STR was by no means an unplugged/acoustic album. The only such song on it is One More Chance that the majority of people hate (not me).

While she certainly had several highlights in that department, it’s just not a setting that showcases her talents best and most people don’t like it. Period. 
Have you guys been to any of her shows? Whenever she goes acoustic most people go to the bathroom, leave or yawn. Especially non-fans.

And the agreement clearly states she’s “curating” not recording anything extra.

Also yes, I do think that the casual listener would be more engaged by remixes and unreleased songs than acoustic renditions 

51 minutes ago, poodle said:

For collectors.

Collectors? Fine.

The Beatles is releasing a big COLLECTORS deluxe box set of Let It Be in October. The five vinyl box, with book, will cost between €116-177, depending on which Amazon you order from.

The COLLECTORS vinyl deluxe edition with eleven discs of U2's All That You Can't Leave Behind is priced between €92-181 on Amazon.

Now do you see my point? Why would Madonna ask for almost twice the price as U2, for almost half the content?
It doesn't matter that WE love Madonna, and that the mock up box is beyong beautiful and thrilling. The content has to justify the price.

Beatles Vinylbox.jpg

U2 Vinylbox.jpg

44 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

STR was by no means an unplugged/acoustic album. The only such song on it is One More Chance that the majority of people hate (not me).

While she certainly had several highlights in that department, it’s just not a setting that showcases her talents best and most people don’t like it. Period. 
Have you guys been to any of her shows? Whenever she goes acoustic most people go to the bathroom, leave or yawn. Especially non-fans.

Also yes, I do think that the casual listener would be more engaged by remixes and unreleased songs than acoustic renditions 

only we don't know what she thinks curating entails , maybe she'll confuse it with curing and add a piece of smoked Iberian ham inside the box sets and call it a day

:04:

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Honestly many people do that, not only during M's concerts :Madonna009:

My point was just that I don't see nothing wrong in fans wanting an album like that tho. Like, I would see nothing terrible about it, i just don't get how some people here could react so dramatically lol

42 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Honestly many people do that, not only during M's concerts :Madonna009:

My point was just that I don't see nothing wrong in fans wanting an album like that tho. Like, I would see nothing terrible about it, i just don't get how some people here could react so dramatically lol

I wasn't being dramatic. I have a very dry sense of humour that doesn't always come across in writing :hyper:

3 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

Well, it would be terrible, but I'd still buy the rubbish and get all the remixes :laughing:

More or less it would be like: "This is such a bad shit, no way im spending money on this, not even a dollar on this crap, no way, so disappointing and cheap!

Wait, lemme see if they have a red vynil of this, it also looks really good on the splatter blue one tho :Madonna038:

Not sure if "box-sets" are the right way to go about his. I dislike box-sets that include every version of a song back-to-back or have every format in one box (CD, K7, DVD, vinyl) kinda like the Madame X box. I'd rather have 'alternate versions' of albums like Fleetwood Mac did along with blinged out re-issues of the original (incl. photo sets of the era, coloured vinyl, essays, remastered music). In my mind there is thought placed into the order of songs and how certain tracks fit together.  That's why I love vinyl records because the songs play in a curated sequence and then you physically have to rotate the album to side B.

Also, wish they consider to include all unreleased materials and demos on vinyl too, and not just a selected few and then the rest available digitally or on another format. Hopefully, they are creative and considerate with these special releases. 

Maybe separate re-issues of maxi-singles with all the extra remixes and versions, uniquely released rather than all crammed together in one overpriced box-set? I'm also thinking of the special releases that were not easily available like: It's That Girl, She's Breathless, Japanese versions, etc.

I'm most excited for the unmixed You Can Dance, hopefully re-released on vinyl as they were (with all dubs and edits). Also looking forward to the vinyl reissues of the more recent albums from Hard Candy and on. They are so expensive on Discogs and it makes me want to cry every time I look them up.

5 hours ago, Rory said:

Maybe separate re-issues of maxi-singles with all the extra remixes and versions, uniquely released rather than all crammed together in one overpriced box-set? I'm also thinking of the special releases that were not easily available like: It's That Girl, She's Breathless, Japanese versions, etc.

The problem with album box sets is the amount of remixes after "Like A Prayer". So i'm agree with you, the maxi-singles needs a different approach. Maybe the best solution would be box sets separated by decades with different maxi-singles (Four Maxi-Singles Box Sets:

1982-1991: From "Everybody" to "Rescue Me" (including "you can dance" US vinyl promos)

1992-2002: From "This used to be my playground" to "Die Another Day"

2003-2013: From "American Life" to "Turn Up The Radio"

2014-2022: From "Living For Love" to "Levitating" )

I mean, something like the Bananarama singles box set. Every Maxi-CD have all the remixes and edits (obviously, Maxisingles like "Fever", "Bedtime Story", etc, etc, need two or three CDs).

91mPU7hBRcL._SL1500_.jpg