MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

This is just a fan rumor that’s never been confirmed

She was even asked about the release during COADF promo, and she was the one to reveal that the DVD contractually couldn’t be released till after some time the docu was out.

There are rumors there is going to be a massive Madonna box set of DVDs and things like the Blond Ambition concert which has never come out.

That we’re trying to do, eventually, somewhere down the line. And there’s the Re-Invention tour as well which was filmed separately to be released as a concert but contractual i’m not allowed to release it until after the movie’s been out a certain period.

Who said this? Was it a quote heard and written down by someone else?  (That / that's & contractual / contractually)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Overloaded said:

I'm pretty sure the Re-Invention Tour exists fully edited and was just shelved. There's a post about it on her website.

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/re-invention-tour-dvd-update

It must because Burning Up and Die Another Day were uploaded online and was fully edited and mastered. 

Supposedly they had the entire show edited and ready to be pressed but I'm Going To Tell You A Secret delayed the release and she was already into the Confessions era by the time it could by released so it was just shelved. 

4 hours ago, musicinferno said:

It must because Burning Up and Die Another Day were uploaded online and was fully edited and mastered. 

Supposedly they had the entire show edited and ready to be pressed but I'm Going To Tell You A Secret delayed the release and she was already into the Confessions era by the time it could by released so it was just shelved. 

I need a version of RIT's Vogue where she does the upside down step without the camera being upside down. 

I still cant believe they cut out that step from IGTTYAS. 

la isla bonita crying GIF

According to Rolling stone magazine,  Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums.

On her 63rd birthday on August 16th, Madonna announced that she was returning to Warner Music Group with plans to reissue her entire catalog; Madonna will “personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums,” WMG said of the reissue campaign, adding that the singer will also “introduce unique releases for special events, and much more.”

The reissue campaign kicks off in 2022, the 40th anniversary of the singer’s debut 1982 “Everybody.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/madonna-2021-mtv-vmas-1224291/

Edited by the queen (see edit history)

8 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Wasn't there also some contractual issue with CBS who were going to air it?

22 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Fully edited and mastered? This means the quality is superior to the shity Lisbon leak? Those angles and audio are terrible, I hope that what leaked in an unfinished version of the dvd.

Also, this BU and DAD leaks are available anywhere? - if they're different from what we see on the full Lisbon leak.

4 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Well, there are a bunch of them in the vault. Shep Pettibone mentioned in an interview not too long ago that there was some of his remixes there, and hinted that they aren't very good. But if it's extended dance mixes of songs like Thief Of Hearts or Can't Stop, then I wanna hear them! :) The vault must be packed with great and exciting remixes that just didn't feel right at the time, or was commissioned too late or some other reason...

Some excellent remixes have leaked. Ralphi Rosario's wonderful remix of Bedtime Story is the first one that comes to mind.

Metallica just released a SDE of their black album, and Kiss are releasing a SDE of Destroyer in November. Both boxes are filled with bonus discs, memorabilia, hardbound books etc...
Let's hope that Madonna's boxes are equally exciting. :)

On 9/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, Lucas B. said:

Fully edited and mastered? This means the quality is superior to the shity Lisbon leak? Those angles and audio are terrible, I hope that what leaked in an unfinished version of the dvd.

Also, this BU and DAD leaks are available anywhere? - if they're different from what we see on the full Lisbon leak.

They are different than the Lisbon leak. There's even pro shot footage of The Beast Within that surfaced too where it was much more professional than the leak. See below for a link to watch BU and DAD:

On 9/13/2021 at 4:51 PM, slutpride said:

• Fighter unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Many reasons why Reinvention was not released. One big reason was the doc and Confessions but that's a more simplified easy explanation. Hamish was meant to direct it for CBS but there were financial disputes which lead to a huge lawsuit. Ive never heard the story of no commercials being the reason why CBS fell through and that sounds pretty stupid. The Hamish thing is what REALLY put a dent in things. The son of one of the men that works for her on tour was hired to direct last minute. Supposedly he was nervous etc but she had faith in him and then she hated the footage. Some footage WAS used for the doc and you can tell by the color of the corset...edited to be lilac but still left the beads gold. No lilac costume she used for the tour had gold beads and if you compare the leaked footage to IGTTYAS some shots are the same exact shots. Basically CBS fell through, she hated the footage, the doc delayed things, she had a huge album after a huge flop and was in the middle of touring that huge album and that was that for Confessions. As for the leak who knows if that was venue footage, someone said no that it wasnt and that the aspect ration doesnt match and some shots are different.  Just IMO and my theory is that it was some rough basic blueprint. As for why it leaked? Who knows maybe Guy got tired of being harassed for it. The two songs DAD and BU were released on some website as a preview. 

As a side note, and please take this as a grain of salt but a guy I used to chat with in AUS had a friend who worked for WB and gave him the show on DVD that was completed with a menu. He described the menu as her from the Marie Antoinette shoot with bleeding eyes. Was he telling the truth? Who knows but we have what we have.

Christian Lamb directed the RIT dvd, he’s been working in film since the early 2000’s.

Theres no proof that Madonna was ever “unhappy” with the footage, especially when the release was confirmed with dates, multiple times. And the one time she commented on a possible release, it was about how contractually the doc had to be released first.

I do remember the CBS and the no commercials story from back in 2004, maybe it was only fan rumourology but it was on every forum back then. Of course that doesn't mean anything, but...

I think simply by the time it was OK to release it didn't make sense anymore. The live album and documentary commercial release was Summer 2006, during "The Confessions Tour", which was confusing enough to even release later the full concert when "The Confessions Tour" was going to be shown worldwide during Christmas that year and out in stores in January 2007. Poor "RIT" but it's understandable, it simply missed its chance.

7 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I was thinking how why we have never got a Drowned World Tour Live album... Do you guys think we'll ever get one with the Warner reissue/remaster campaign? I think it's plausible tbh, in the same way we might get BAT, RIT and the unreleased stuff 

Live albums weren't really a thing until 2003-2004-2005, right? Up until that point you got maybe an "MTV Unplugged" release here and there but that was it.