MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Live albums weren't really a thing until 2003-2004-2005, right? Up until that point you got maybe an "MTV Unplugged" release here and there but that was it.

Live albums have been around for decades. Some of the most popular lives albums of all time are from the 60's and 70's (Frampton Comes Alive).

In fact, Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time includes numerous live albums.

27 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Live albums weren't really a thing until 2003-2004-2005, right? Up until that point you got maybe an "MTV Unplugged" release here and there but that was it.

I'm not sure but it still feels weird if you consider even GS had one and so all her future tours but DWT didn't... Makes no sense to me, especially for an era like DWT where she could have made more profit out of it as she was still hyped and at her peak... Hope there will be one

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

Christian Lamb directed the RIT dvd, he’s been working in film since the early 2000’s.

Theres no proof that Madonna was ever “unhappy” with the footage, especially when the release was confirmed with dates, multiple times. And the one time she commented on a possible release, it was about how contractually the doc had to be released first.

So Hamish Hamilton did pre-production work but never filmed it?

Also is the video we have an actual rough cut of the DVD? 

22 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Live albums have been around for decades. Some of the most popular lives albums of all time are from the 60's and 70's (Frampton Comes Alive).

In fact, Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time includes numerous live albums.

OK but what I meant is they didn't really come back until the mid 00s. I can't think of any big pop blockbuster live album from the 80s or 90s, right?

4 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

So Hamish Hamilton did pre-production work but never filmed it?

Also is the video we have an actual rough cut of the DVD? 

Yupp, Hamish did pre-production work. Even attended several shows to scout out camera angles and research. He was never paid for his work and sued.

https://people.com/celebrity/madonna-sued-by-concert-tour-tv-producers/

The full show that leaked was just raw unedited footage.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

OK but what I meant is they didn't really come back until the mid 00s. I can't think of any big pop blockbuster live album from the 80s or 90s, right?

U2 Under a Blood Red Sky (1983), Talking Heads Stop Making Sense (1984), U2 Rattle and Hum (1988), Neil Young Arc-Weld (1991), Eric Clapton’s Unplugged (1992), Nirvana Unplugged (1994), Garth Brooks Double Live (1998)

9 hours ago, Andreo said:

I'm not sure but it still feels weird if you consider even GS had one and so all her future tours but DWT didn't... Makes no sense to me, especially for an era like DWT where she could have made more profit out of it as she was still hyped and at her peak... Hope there will be one

GS didn't have a live album, unless you count the three songs that were included on the bonus single in the book Girlie Show.

Re-Invention Tour was the first to have an official live album, thanks to the documentary.

But yes, I'm hoping that we'll get more live albums, and maybe The Re-Invention Tour DVD could find a home in an American Life Super Deluxe Edition? :)

35 minutes ago, Celebration said:

GS didn't have a live album, unless you count the three songs that were included on the bonus single in the book Girlie Show.

Re-Invention Tour was the first to have an official live album, thanks to the documentary.

But yes, I'm hoping that we'll get more live albums, and maybe The Re-Invention Tour DVD could find a home in an American Life Super Deluxe Edition? :)

I think he means the unofficial Girlie Show CD that came out a few years ago

23 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Unofficial??? What??? I've seen that live album in music stores too :wide-eyes:

Yeah, I got my copy from a respected record store here in Sweden, but it's still a bootleg.

The live-cd that you got with I'm Going To Tell You A Secret was her first official live album. It even says so on the hyper sticker.

Here's Madonna's official releases up to Rebel Heart, live albums included. (But I don't understand WHY whoever is in charge of her official website can't bother to include Rebel Heart Live and Madame X.)

https://www.madonna.com/discography

On 10/6/2021 at 11:05 AM, deathproof said:

Yupp, Hamish did pre-production work. Even attended several shows to scout out camera angles and research. He was never paid for his work and sued.

https://people.com/celebrity/madonna-sued-by-concert-tour-tv-producers/

The full show that leaked was just raw unedited footage.

I think this story very strange, because he worked with her again on Super Bowl 2012

i just think she wanted everybody focused on I'm Going To Tell You A Secret and that's it... because maybe there was an idea of releasing it after by the team and all.. but M's idea i think was docu only, a point that makes me think that is that.. if the show was gonna be released shortly after why including show performances in the docu? does not make many sense me thinks...

The other story of not giving it to the channel (i cant remember which one was) because they wanted to put comercials even loose more sense to me since last friday MTV Spain put comercial every 2 songs!¡!¡ (not that you can compare 2004 to 2021 but still...)

8 hours ago, roberMDNA said:

i just think she wanted everybody focused on I'm Going To Tell You A Secret and that's it... because maybe there was an idea of releasing it after by the team and all.. but M's idea i think was docu only, a point that makes me think that is that.. if the show was gonna be released shortly after why including show performances in the docu? does not make many sense me thinks...

The other story of not giving it to the channel (i cant remember which one was) because they wanted to put comercials even loose more sense to me since last friday MTV Spain put comercial every 2 songs!¡!¡ (not that you can compare 2004 to 2021 but still...)

Truth or Dare had performances, but the full show was released anyway. I really believe the DVD was meant to come out but when the Confessions Tour started it made no sense anymore