MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Andreo said:

Do you guys think that they might announce the first reissue around Xmas at least? 

If the first one is Erotica, then no. Erotica will probably be released for the anniversary in October. 

They could release something before that, but no idea what that would be. Something for Who's that girl/who's that girl tour 35th Anniversary? 

I think the first Deluxe edition is going to be "Like A Prayer". Not only it would be the right choice for the general public (yes, these are for the fans but if they can get some sales from casual fans too why not?), but also remember it was almost released back in 2019, so surely it's ready to go.

If they release "LAP" in March 2022 they can also release "Erotica" in October 2022.

It would be an absolute dream if Madonna's team could release something more like what the Prince estate is doing with his albums. Those deluxe editions of Purple Rain and 1999 are incredible in terms of new material, presentation and a live concert DVD. I liked the True Blue remaster sound quality but it was too bare bones for me overall. 

811tZ2uFTkL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Blond Ambition (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, Blond Ambition said:

It would be an absolute dream if Madonna's team could release something more like what the Prince estate is doing with his albums. Those deluxe editions of Purple Rain and 1999 are incredible in terms of new material, presentation and a live concert DVD. I liked the True Blue remaster sound quality but it was too bare bones for me overall. 

811tZ2uFTkL._SL1500_.jpg

Hear hear.

Purple Rain was testing the waters, and then BAM! We got those wonderful boxes of 1999 and SOTT, FILLED with all sorts of stuff.

I really hope Madonna and her team will give us similar boxes, or this queen will be wailing! :)

23 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

It would make sense to release everything in year order starting with the first album and like a virgin - maybe with this we can finally get the uncut virgin tour on blu ray ?

That would be so great if that happened. Its kinda crazy we still dont have an official HD of the Virgin Tour. Im really looking forward to a remaster of a concert from the Blond Ambition Tour.

Edited by Blond Ambition (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, Blond Ambition said:

That would be so great if that happened. Its kinda crazy we still dont have an official HD of the Virgin Tour. Im really looking forward to a remaster of a concert from the Blond Ambition Tour.

Right!

And it doesn't have to be so fussy. Just remaster the Japanese laserdisc (best audio and Madonna's voice is stronger) and off we go.

Now for the Virgin tour, I really hope they can find the original tapes, and re-edit the show, without any missing songs this time. :)

they MUST start the re-issue campaign with a well known album that the general public knows and loves.... Ideally Like a Prayer or Ray of Light. Like a Prayer is one of Madonna's most popular songs, if not the most popular song, so the album would be best choice because it shares the name with an absolutely iconic song.

It wouldn't make much sense to start with something that is less known, or just a fan favorite.

4 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Well, if she has to re-record all the tracks to make them acoustic or write a lengthy essay about the composition of the record, then it's a lot of effort

We’ll yeah but she doesn’t need to do that since she has a ton of remixes and unreleased stuff in the vault that can be used instead. 
And she can easily write some stuff for some of them or her collaborators could contribute as well

• 2 weeks later...

Take it with a grain of salt but this was posted by an "insider" on the ATRL forum

>Reissue campaign to begin very early 2022. There is an unreleased album being teased between American Life and Confessions which could see a release.

>The Madonna reissue project is huge! The announcement was big and then nothing however it will be worth the wait! Madonna fans are gonna be broke!

7 minutes ago, Karma said:

Take it with a grain of salt but this was posted by an "insider" on the ATRL forum

>Reissue campaign to begin very early 2022. There is an unreleased album being teased between American Life and Confessions which could see a release.

>The Madonna reissue project is huge! The announcement was big and then nothing however it will be worth the wait! Madonna fans are gonna be broke!

Are you serious?! Holy fuck, ATRL is the only place where there are actually RELIABLE, REAL, insiders, some of them even get 99% of what they say right, if someone of them really said this then it's DEFINITELY gonna happen! Holy fuck this has to be real!!! :hyper:talk gretchen GIF

10 minutes ago, Karma said:

There is an unreleased album being teased between American Life and Confessions which could see a release.

Shocked Oh My God GIF

18 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Are you serious?! Holy fuck, ATRL is the only place where there are actually RELIABLE, REAL, insiders, some of them even get 99% of what they say right, if someone of them really said this then it's DEFINITELY gonna happen! Holy fuck this has to be real!!! :hyper:talk gretchen GIF

Shocked Oh My God GIF

Well, I hope he is reliable! He also posted about upcoming vinyl pressings by Kylie, ABBA and George Michael.

QClN8U4_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

1 hour ago, roberMDNA said:

link please? i want to know about the Kylie ones too

You need an account to view the thread  but here's the full comment

Impossible Princess - There is a bit of a thing between VMP and Kylie's team. VMP has rights to all of Sony / BMG legacy material on request and this is where IP lives (Hence why we saw them do TLC and JLO vinyl releases). Kylie's team wants to issue this (Mastered) on their label. Fever Vinyl's are still coming but due to a error on the website they allowed 1000 more copies then what they had. This issue has been resolved however delivery times are missing due to XMAS.

George Michael
Family members are the issue with development with these releases. Talks are improving. There is a lot of unreleased material to get through here.

Madonna
Reissue campaign to begin very early 2022. There is an unreleased album being teased between American Life and Confessions which could see a release.

Abba And Adele Vinyls
Stock is running very low of these. Order now or wait till next year.

Taylor Swift
2 New Re-Recorded Albums coming in 2022. My guess is 1989 and reputation.

2 hours ago, Karma said:

There's an unreleased album between AL and COADF? Why do I feel like this is just a joke?