MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She also reworked some songs and used some lyrics for Confessions on a Dance Floor and Hard Candy. According to Wikipedia:

"Miss You", "If You Go Away", "How High", "Curtain", "The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" and "Is this Love (Bon D'Accord)" – among a number of songs written for a planned musical Hello Suckers, a 1920s-style musical loosely based on the life of Texas Guinan.[160] Songs were written with a number of co-writers including Patrick Leonard and Mirwais Ahmadzaï. Lyrics from "How High" were later reworked into a song for Confessions on a Dance Floor. Some lyrics from "Is This Love" were later re-used on the song "Voices" on the album Hard Candy. "The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" was planned to be included on The Re-Invention Tour, but was later reworked with Madonna's brother-in-law Joe Henry. Ultimately, the song did not surface until the album Hard Candy following further development with Timbaland, Justin Timberlake and Nate Hills. "Is this Love (Bon D'Accord)" has since been leaked to the internet.[154] "If You Go Away" is based on the classic "Ne me quitte pas" by Jaques Brel. The English version has been covered by a wide range of artists, including Marlene Dietrich, Shirley Bassey and Tom Jones. Madonna's version leaked onto the internet on September 2, 2010.

16 hours ago, Karma said:

You need an account to view the thread  but here's the full comment

Impossible Princess - There is a bit of a thing between VMP and Kylie's team. VMP has rights to all of Sony / BMG legacy material on request and this is where IP lives (Hence why we saw them do TLC and JLO vinyl releases). Kylie's team wants to issue this (Mastered) on their label. Fever Vinyl's are still coming but due to a error on the website they allowed 1000 more copies then what they had. This issue has been resolved however delivery times are missing due to XMAS.

George Michael
Family members are the issue with development with these releases. Talks are improving. There is a lot of unreleased material to get through here.

Madonna
Reissue campaign to begin very early 2022. There is an unreleased album being teased between American Life and Confessions which could see a release.

Abba And Adele Vinyls
Stock is running very low of these. Order now or wait till next year.

Taylor Swift
2 New Re-Recorded Albums coming in 2022. My guess is 1989 and reputation.

OMG

The thought of a VMP Impossible Princess Vinyl sends shivers down my spine. I hope they give us Body Language and X too!! But I'd like to hold off and hope Kylie will do something big like Mama M is next year. I'll take what I can get though!

Saving all my $$$$ now HAHA

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

I find it hard to believe. That’s the first release for the campaign? Doesn’t make sense in a marketing standpoint.

But if true, I’ll be sure to wait outside at midnight to purchase it, that is if that’s still a thing 

Why wouldn’t it make sense? I think the headlines would be much catchier for an unreleased album than for a re-release with some extras.

And it would be a much better talking point if she does any promotion for it.

What I’d be curious about is the artwork. Like what imagery would she use for such a project…

3 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Why wouldn’t it make sense? I think the headlines would be much catchier for an unreleased album than for a re-release with some extras.

And it would be a much better talking point if she does any promotion for it.

What I’d be curious about is the artwork. Like what imagery would she use for such a project…

I just can’t see an album not known to the public being the first release in this series.

I really enjoy the tracks that have already leaked, but first release material…., that means they are really selling this as a solid high quality “album.”

Im curious. Then again. I still can’t picture it. It should be one of her classic albums. An album the public knows, one worth taking the deep dive to re-listen and re-evaluate.

Not an unused demo disc with unfinished songs.

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

I just can’t see an album not known to the public being the first release in this series.

I really enjoy the tracks that have already leaked, but first release material…., that means they are really selling this as a solid high quality “album.”

Im curious. Then again. I still can’t picture it. It should be one of her classic albums. An album the public knows, one worth taking the deep dive to re-listen and re-evaluate.

Not an unused demo disc with unfinished songs.

Well such a record has potential to be more successful than her current releases. 
And most likely it wouldn’t be unfinished songs. For all we know the songs could be final, just needing to be properly mixed.

2 hours ago, Quack said:

Hello Suckers - why do I feel like this title was aimed at us fans?

I mean, we are suckers cause we keep going bankrupt from buying all her shit. 

I kinda don't care about the Hello Suckers material - I just want her old albums remastered with unheard deleted tracks and demos, along with live audio. Do it like Fleetwood Mac does it. 

52 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I mean, we are suckers cause we keep going bankrupt from buying all her shit. 

I kinda don't care about the Hello Suckers material - I just want her old albums remastered with unheard deleted tracks and demos, along with live audio. Do it like Fleetwood Mac does it. 

Well the great thing is if you don't care, you don't have to buy or stream it. Some of us are interested in that particular era especially since alot of those songs went to become tracks on Confessions and Hard Candy. I'm particularly interested in Devil since the version on Hard Candy wasn't that interesting musically. Seeing how the original version of Voices was so damn good I'm stoked and I'm sure many of us are! You can always wait for the bigger albums to be re-released. 

5 hours ago, deathproof said:

I find it hard to believe. That’s the first release for the campaign? Doesn’t make sense in a marketing standpoint.

But if true, I’ll be sure to wait outside at midnight to purchase it, that is if that’s still a thing 

No one said it's gonna be the first release. They said the releases will start soon and that Hello Suckers might get a release. Two different points. 

6 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I’m hoping this isn’t the first release- I mean it makes more sense to start with the first album and like a virgin first and maybe the full virgin tour on blu ray ??

I’m really hoping they’re gonna release Erotica for its 30th anniversary in October. And we’ll get Shame, Goodbye To Innocence and Love Hurts

37 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

If Warner goes on the direction of the latest Prince, Bowie, Depeche Mode reissues, deluxe packages and extra bounty they will hit gold. It's about time Madonna's legacy starts to be treated as it should be.

Bowie, not impressed. Depeche Mode, nah. The Prince deluxes of SOTT and 1999 on the other hand are amazing, and what I'm hoping Madonna's boxes will look like. :)

9 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Bowie, not impressed. Depeche Mode, nah. The Prince deluxes of SOTT and 1999 on the other hand are amazing, and what I'm hoping Madonna's boxes will look like. :)

I think Prince has a lot more unreleased audio than M has but I agree his box sets are amazing - I was hoping we would get one this year from him but we didn’t and got that dreadful welcome 2 America album instead ? the blu ray concert was amazing though which was its saving grace . 
I really hope we get some concert footage from M too though such as Florence wtg tour finally - I’m not interested in vinyl of albums already released