MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

45 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

They should really do something like this for the album reissues tbh.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/104612089/Madonna-Erotica-(Expanded-Box-Set)

Dear heavens! I'd trim and divide.

Put the 7"-es in a seperate box, scrap the live cd:s and just make it more affordable for as many as possibly. If Warner released that box in the link, it would be horribly expensive.

I'd also stick to the era soundwise. You Thrill Me from Confessions Tour is bloody cool, but it's not the Erotica Era, it's Confessions, and should be included in that box. There is a studio version of that mix.

The rest I'm kinda cool with. The book is beautiful, the overall design of the box is wonderful and true to the era. Put Up Down Suite on the Rain single and I'll buy it.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I think Prince has a lot more unreleased audio than M has but I agree his box sets are amazing - I was hoping we would get one this year from him but we didn’t and got that dreadful welcome 2 America album instead ? the blu ray concert was amazing though which was its saving grace . 
I really hope we get some concert footage from M too though such as Florence wtg tour finally - I’m not interested in vinyl of albums already released 

Yes, Prince had way way more unreleased songs than Madonna, but I mean contentwise.

Madonna can still fill those boxes with previously unreleased outtakes, demos, and promo remixes.

I think Warner and Madonna really have to work hard to screw this up. :)

2 hours ago, lucasciccone said:

I would love if they release the Hello Suckers material. The few songs leaked are pretty good. Do we even know how many songs she recorded during the time the project was on track?

Well...lets not forget...there were TWO musicals. One was about a woman on her death bed with her life flashing before her eyes which is how we got alot of the Confessions tracks like Hung Up. That was going to be directed by Luc Besson. Then there was going to be Hello Suckers which was about Texas Guinan which is where Devil, Miss You, How High came from.

I wonder what the likelihood of getting her old tours remastered on Blu-ray are? I know we're talking about Madonna and Warner here but if the right guy is in charge of the box sets then he might have been given permission to go all out. 

I think they should release different tiers of each album:

Standard LP remastered 

Double LP remastered with bonus tracks

Double CD remastered with bonus tracks 

Super limited box set with all of the above plus a DVD and Blu-ray of the coinciding tour and a double CD of live audio, posters, lyric book,  etc. 

31 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I wonder what the likelihood of getting her old tours remastered on Blu-ray are? I know we're talking about Madonna and Warner here but if the right guy is in charge of the box sets then he might have been given permission to go all out. 

Standard LP remastered 

Super limited box set with all of the above plus a DVD and Blu-ray of the coinciding tour and a double CD of live audio, posters, lyric book,  etc. 

Oh yes please all of it.

8 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

They should really do something like this for the album reissues tbh.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/104612089/Madonna-Erotica-(Expanded-Box-Set)

So impressed with what he does!

I would appreciate and love if they'd release every album in at the minimum of 5.1 surround sound. 3D Auro Disc would be nice!

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Standard LP remastered 

Something like the recent beautiful garbage reissue would be amazing, 

The Deluxe edition includes beautifulgarbage on 2 x heavyweight Black Vinyl, as well as a 12” of B-Sides and reproduced memorabilia from the era. The reissue also features a triple CD featuring, original album, b-sides, demos and remixes housed in a deluxe clamshell and an extra ''4th CD / Super deluxe digital only version .https://garbage.tmstor.es/product/84810

36 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I don’t know if this has been stated yet but The insider also said:

You might see future listening additions to her albums… just like the Pet Shop Boys do to their reissues! That’s the best way to discribe the formate they are looking at 

What does future listening addictions mean?

48 minutes ago, Shoful said:

You might see future listening additions to her albums… just like the Pet Shop Boys do to their reissues! That’s the best way to discribe the formate they are looking at 

Bonus tracks and/or unreleased material? What does that mean? :lol:

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

All that commotion for "further listening"? Not even PSB:s fans are very happy with those reissues, and keep waiting for a deluxe box of "Please"

No, if they want me to go broke, they have to offer alot more than that.

46 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Haha sorry I typed wrong. I meant what does further listening ADDITIONS mean ?

Haha I didn’t even notice. The insider accidentally typed future instead of further so that’s why I thought you were confused lmao. I look at Spotify and this is some of their Further Listening Releases they have: 

3 hours ago, Shoful said:

So much like this?

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/pet-shop-boys-complete-catalogue-reissue-series-with-early-90s-albums/

34 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Haha I didn’t even notice. The insider accidentally typed future instead of further so that’s why I thought you were confused lmao. I look at Spotify and this is some of their Further Listening Releases they have: 

Oooh haha. So much confusion over this ?

I got it now

5 hours ago, Shoful said:

I don't get it... "future listening additions???" 

8 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Standard LP remastered 

But no posters. I'm not going to enjoy a folded up poster at this point. I'd rather something .. else like a photo book.