MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I just heard a Twitter rumor that Warner wants to start with her debut album but Madonna wants to start with Hard Candy. 

At first I thought it was a joke but this is Madonna we're talking about so it's probably true :04:

Well Hard Candy is a very sought after album by fans and by record collectors in general. It wouldn’t be terrible if they started off with that

9 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I just heard a Twitter rumor that Warner wants to start with her debut album but Madonna wants to start with Hard Candy. 

At first I thought it was a joke but this is Madonna we're talking about so it's probably true :04:

I would be such a Madonna thing to do, actually.

Imagine the meltdowns. She's the ultimate troll.

madonna-throne-hard-candy-tour-2008-bill

I think it makes more sense to start from the first album and do it chronologically. There would be more interesting stuff from the early era.

I would be so ecstatic if; Everybody, Burning Up, Lucky Star, Physical Attraction and Holiday remixes and Edits on vinyl were released digitally, that I would have sex with my female friend who's gagging for it ?

4 hours ago, Roy said:

How is it the most sought after? I thought it was either Like a Prayer or TIC with rare pressings.

Lol I didn’t say it’s the most sought after. I said it’s very sought after.

Hard Candy was only pressed once on vinyl in 2008 and now a mint copy is worth over $200. The rest of her albums have been repressed several times and the original pressings can be found pretty cheap.

Not everyone will buy TIC or LAP, even if they have extras, if they already have it. More people will buy an album that they don’t own already.

49 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t think they’re doing it chronologically 

I think that would be very smart. Confessions would be a great one to start with since it was a huge hit. I would imagine they would save the older and bigger albums close to the film date. I'm assuming thats why we also haven't got the "HD" uploads of LAP LAV or Borderline yet. 

Madonna wanting to start the re-issues with the album that she left Warner for is...peak Madonna.

I have no doubt she is watching how Taylor Swift is re-doing her album re-releases and is cooking up something similar. Imagine if we got an additional single lifted from each era with a new video. I'd actually gag a bit and I think It's something Madonna would actually be up for,

Physical Attraction

Over & Over

Where's The Party

Til Death Do Us Part

Where Life Begins

Love Tried To Welcome Me

Sky Fits Heaven

Impressive Instant

Forbidden Love

Nobody Knows Me

fucking Candy Snot

That would be a cackle

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t think they’re doing it chronologically 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I think that would be very smart. Confessions would be a great one to start with since it was a huge hit. I would imagine they would save the older and bigger albums close to the film date. I'm assuming thats why we also haven't got the "HD" uploads of LAP LAV or Borderline yet. 

I hope so! I can't wait that much time to get my hands on new editions of Confessions or Music, this bitch wants unreleased bangers and wants them asap :jamming:

For real tho, how do other artists often proceed with these releases? Do we have some comparisons? 

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Lol I didn’t say it’s the most sought after. I said it’s very sought after.

Hard Candy was only pressed once on vinyl in 2008 and now a mint copy is worth over $200. The rest of her albums have been repressed several times and the original pressings can be found pretty cheap.

Not everyone will buy TIC or LAP, even if they have extras, if they already have it. More people will buy an album that they don’t own already.

If they are remastered they will. I remastered all her albums until Hard Candy for personal use with a CD source only and a mastering app and i can't go backto listening to the original albums now. Like A Prayer sounds like a different album, Ray of Light benefited from it and it decompressed American Life to give it a more organic sound since that album on cd is heavily compressed. Immaculate Collection ditto, i'm Breathless and most of all Erotica. All sound better and more "alive" after. Even COADF is better, it liberated the bass. And all this with a cd source only and a basic mastering app so i can't imagine how good it will sound with the masters as source and professional mastering tools. Believe me, if they do it well it will be like listening to new albums. 

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

If they are remastered they will. I remastered all her albums until Hard Candy for personal use with a CD source only and a mastering app and i can't go backto listening to the original albums now. Like A Prayer sounds like a different album, Ray of Light benefited from it and it decompressed American Life to give it a more organic sound since that album on cd is heavily compressed. Immaculate Collection ditto, i'm Breathless and most of all Erotica. All sound better and more "alive" after. Even COADF is better, it liberated the bass. And all this with a cd source only and a basic mastering app so i can't imagine how good it will sound with the masters as source and professional mastering tools. Believe me, if they do it well it will be like listening to new albums. 

I’m talking about casual collectors that not even necessarily fans. They don’t care as much. And there’s a big group of audiophiles that won’t even touch remasters because they only want original mixes. 
I’m not saying there’s no value to these releases, but I think starting off with a reputable album that was never repressed in 15 years could be a great starting point as well 

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

What tool did you use?