MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I’m talking about casual collectors that not even necessarily fans. They don’t care as much. And there’s a big group of audiophiles that won’t even touch remasters because they only want original mixes. 
I’m not saying there’s no value to these releases, but I think starting off with a reputable album that was never repressed in 15 years could be a great starting point as well 

Frankly i don't care what they start with, i just want it to start ! I'll take everything. 

As for audiophiles, well i hope they kept their stereo systems from the 80's and 90's otherwise the original mix won't sound like they did on today's equipments. Vinyls from the 80's are kind of improved by today's technology but 80's cds sound awful. Flat as pancakes.

(I'm a bit scared she's gonna ask effing Mike Dean to work on the remasterings)

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

Frankly i don't care what they start with, i just want it to start ! I'll take everything. 

As for audiophiles, well i hope they kept their stereo systems from the 80's and 90's otherwise the original mix won't sound like they did on today's equipments. Vinyls from the 80's are kind of improved by today's technology but 80's cds sound awful. Flat as pancakes.

When you put anything mastered for vinyl onto a CD - you have to remaster it.
Unless it's one of these 'pick a colour' reissues on vinyl.
Then they just bung the nearest one to hand on it.
There is no such thing as an audiophile.
It depends on your age.
And how often you clean your ears.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

What's wrong with Dean doing the remastering? 

5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Nothing. Much bettter than anything Demo Castellion has ever done. 

I think both of them did an amazing job but it didn’t translate well on CD. Their works shines on vinyl.

But yes. Mike Dean’s mixing is absolutely spectacular and I think it elevated Madonnas sound

I’d love it if he actually collaborated with Madonna and the producers to cohesively remaster her entire discography 

Just now, musicinferno said:

I wonder when they will start releasing these? The press release said early 2022 but that's within 4 months. Surely they would have the first reissue almost finished and ready to be announced soon? 

Who knows! It’s odd how there’s been zero rumors regarding the first release.

I imagine that the announcement/reveal comes out early 2022.

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I think both of them did an amazing job but it didn’t translate well on CD. Their works shines on vinyl.

But yes. Mike Dean’s mixing is absolutely spectacular and I think it elevated Madonnas sound

I’d love it if he actually collaborated with Madonna and the producers to cohesively remaster her entire discography 

He did the original Inside Out as well before Kanye redid it. As for Demo...meh lol

I think they'll start with the debut to coincide with the 40th anniversary of Everybody. Erotica for the 30th anniversary is pretty much a given. 

Looking ahead at the schedule, it doesn't seem like the next year lines up with any proper anniversary of her Warner albums besides Erotica. 

If they follow this trend, we might see the following in 2023:

Like A Prayer 35th Anniversary 

Ray Of Light 25th Anniversary 

American Life 20th Anniversary 

Hard Candy 15th Anniversary 

53 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Maybe I'm late to the conversation, but I strongly believe the project between American Life and Confessions that could see a release is the long-awaited full concert from the Re-Invention Tour.

581W.gif

Let’s hope so - we need the full Paris footage in HD and I’m not going to start that old rumour that not all the show was shot so don’t start it up again bitches ???

1 hour ago, madgefan said:

Maybe I'm late to the conversation, but I strongly believe the project between American Life and Confessions that could see a release is the long-awaited full concert from the Re-Invention Tour.

581W.gif

I truly hope we get this someday. Guy knows just how badly we want it since we've hounded him about it for years. Even her official website once said it will be released someday. I doubt it'll be the Paris footage though. 

30 minutes ago, deathproof said:

The album was mixed by multiple people: Demo Castellon, Mike Dean, Noah Goldstein, Angie Teo, Taby Gad

Alpha and I are referring to the producers tho 

Regardless. I thought we were were talking about mixing engineers since all these albums surely wouldn’t be reproduced 

36 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Regardless. I thought we were were talking about mixing engineers since all these albums surely wouldn’t be reproduced 

I only brought up him producing to say he is very good at what he does all around and that him mixing would definitely not be a bad thing as one poster suggested.