MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think (and hope) they won't go in chronological order, it would be boring, releasing them in "shuffle" would create way more hype, they also wouldn't miss the chance to drop Erotica for its 30th anniversary and the debut album at the end of they year for its 40 years I guess. 

Imo they should start with an album like Music! That would be fun! What do you guys think? 

Idk I think the first album would be a good way to launch the project with its substantial amount of classics. It would be a great way to lure the general public back in. People generally love that album. It also still saves room for the large amount of classic hits that happened post 1983. They don’t even have to keep it chronologically. The following album could even be Music or Erotica.

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Let’s hope so - we need the full Paris footage in HD and I’m not going to start that old rumour that not all the show was shot so don’t start it up again bitches ???

The question is not if the whole show was filmed but if the whole show was edited. Editing the rest of that show from the original reels is a huge undertaking.

The thing is we have no idea what’s in the vaults and what stuff they come across

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

The question is not if the whole show was filmed but if the whole show was edited. Editing the rest of that show from the original reels is a huge undertaking.

Exactly. They're not gonna spend the money on editing an entire show from scratch. IF it gets released, I'm sure they'll just polish up the Lisbon footage they had ready for the then-planned DVD in 2004/2005.

3 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Exactly. They're not gonna spend the money on editing an entire show from scratch. IF it gets released, I'm sure they'll just polish up the Lisbon footage they had ready for the then-planned DVD in 2004/2005.

But then again we have no idea. For all we know the full show could be edited for release from back in the day…

I do think that they decided to go bigger than they originally planned. Since back in August they said the first release will be announced soon but it wasn’t. 

5 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

But then again we have no idea. For all we know the full show could be edited for release from back in the day…

I do think that they decided to go bigger than they originally planned. Since back in August they said the first release will be announced soon but it wasn’t. 

Also, the footage in IGTTYAS is a mixture of Paris AND Lisbon. Some of that leaked Lisbon show is in the documentary.

8 hours ago, Celebration said:

Here's a little thing from the past: It seems like they also filmed the show in Chicago!
(Maybe old news to you, but I had completely forgotten about this)

http://www.madonnatribe.com/decade/2004/chicago-july-12th-show-filmed/

We see her father and step mom in the crowd at that show during MAF in IGTTYAS

3 hours ago, Overloaded said:

The planned release for the Re-Invention Tour combined footage from Lisbon and Paris, I think, so I don't think we'll get the Paris concert in its entirety. The two performances that were released look like they were taken from the Lisbon footage.

Are you sure about that? I remember at some point I compared them with the leaked Lisbon show and there were differences in her look. But I might remember wrong.

Also in Paris she wore the lavender corset while in Lisbon it’s the champagne one. How did they plan to mix those I wonder…

13 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Are you sure about that? I remember at some point I compared them with the leaked Lisbon show and there were differences in her look. But I might remember wrong.

Also in Paris she wore the lavender corset while in Lisbon it’s the champagne one. How did they plan to mix those I wonder…

I don’t think there was ever any indication of the RIT DVD using Paris footage. I believe it was all 100% Lisbon. It was the IGTYAS performances that used both recordings.

4 hours ago, Andreo said:

Also, didn't Guy confirm in the past they had full footage of the second leg of S&ST and were initially planning to release it someday? 

He did say "we're trying to find a way to release the new footage to fans." Like bitch YouTube is RIGHT THERE. He's so out of the loop. 

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

They used Lisbon footage for Vogue in IGTTYAS by coloring the corset lavender (not very well I might add as some of the beads were still gold). It's the part where she's being lowered from the lift. Someone did a side by side comparison years ago. 

1 hour ago, OceanBlue said:

I know it's a rumor of Warner and Madona arguiing about 1st reissue: Warner wants 1st album, Madonna wants Hard Candy. I know it's  a rumor. But would that be so out of place ? 1st reissue is gonna start it all and sell, whatever you release. So, why not starting with Hard Candy ?

Honestly? Starting with the most recent album and going backwards would be the best decision, specially in a time where streaming is king. 

But i don't believe these rumors. I never heard about this, source?

edit: Just saw the ATRL posts. Exciting stuff if we get the Hello Suckers tracks!!!

2 hours ago, OceanBlue said:

I know it's a rumor of Warner and Madona arguiing about 1st reissue: Warner wants 1st album, Madonna wants Hard Candy. I know it's  a rumor. But would that be so out of place ? 1st reissue is gonna start it all and sell, whatever you release. So, why not starting with Hard Candy ?

It’s false. The person who posted that on another forum was making a joke.

Starting the reissue campaign with Hard Candy would be extremely random. Obviously it was a joke or fake rumour. 
They probably will start with a classic 80's album, something to get people's attention. I'm pretty sure it would be Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue or Like a Prayer. I'm excited for anything anyways, i'm hoping for an announcement soon :yarn: