MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

Thanks, @deathproof!  I was wondering who was responsible for the early version of Inside Out.  The final version is...OK, I guess?  It's a good song regardless, but the demo sounds like a cross between "Army of Me" era Bjork and "Pretty Hate Machine" Nine Inch Nails, and it's one of my very favorite things she's ever done.  Like, a 10 compared to the final version's 7.5.

Also, I don't really understand why people think she should do these in non-chronological order?  If they were set to anniversaries, maybe, but that would be a lot of waiting in between unless they just picked random anniversaries to celebrate (this one's 40!  This one's 25!).  If it's about reexamining her career, wouldn't it make more sense to follow her careers trajectory?  Don't get me wrong, I am dying to see what they'll do with Erotica, but it makes more sense to go in order, IMO.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, musicinferno said:

He did say "we're trying to find a way to release the new footage to fans." Like bitch YouTube is RIGHT THERE. He's so out of the loop. 

They used Lisbon footage for Vogue in IGTTYAS by coloring the corset lavender (not very well I might add as some of the beads were still gold). It's the part where she's being lowered from the lift. Someone did a side by side comparison years ago. 

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

It’s false. The person who posted that on another forum was making a joke.

No, he’s right! I just did a side by side comparison. And that one scene is the same footage, with the corset digitally colored. 
You can even see the difference in the quality of the footage

6 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

No, he’s right! I just did a side by side comparison. And that one scene is the same footage, with the corset digitally colored. 
You can even see the difference in the quality of the footage

I think @deathproofwas talking about the Hard Candy reissue topic...and yes, i screenshot them a few years ago to compare for myself. Very interesting!

On 11/23/2021 at 2:49 PM, madgefan said:

Maybe I'm late to the conversation, but I strongly believe the project between American Life and Confessions that could see a release is the long-awaited full concert from the Re-Invention Tour.

581W.gif

IF there is a Super Deluxe Edition planned for American Life, I'm sure it'll turn up there. Or at least I hope so. :)

The insider said unreleased ALBUM, not project, so hopefully a new cd with previously unreleased music.

Will she release all the Rebel Heart demos in HQ as an album ?

Also there must be alot of demos from between the first album and Like A Virgin. In many interviewsNile Rodgers said he picked her demos he liked best and since half of the album is written by other writers there must be a lot of things we don't know about. At this point Madonna thought about producing her second album herself with Bray & Jellybean until they told her she needed a big producer. She first wanted to make half of the album with Nile Rodgers and the other half with Trevor Horn but since Rodgers asked for a lot of money to produce they stayed with him only. She was also asked to write demos for other artists like a french singer she mentions in her early interview, maybe a french girl living in NYC at the time because the name was not familiar in France when she mentionned it, it wasStephanie but i'm not sure. ITG was written for a singer called Cheyne to be produced by Mark Kamins.

I'm dying to hear Sidewalk Talk Madonna only version and Ain't No Big Deal produced by Kamins. And of course all the pre Reggie Lucas demo versions of Lucky Star, Burning Up...

I also wonder if she's gonna finally release all her early demos from Breakfast Club to the Music Building era. There are a lot of exciting stuff from the 1st album era. Will the Vision Quest soundtrack be part of the 1st album package or the Like A Virgin package since the songs were recorded in the fall of 83 after the 1st album was released but released during the LAV era.

AND can we consider the 1st album & Like A Virgin the same era or two separate eras ? (and think it's two separate ones imo) BUT i won't be surprised if we don't get anything before the 4th quarter of 2022. These packages usually come out around the christmas shopping season. They are also some kind of promo for the biopic in a way. 

Honestly I would love to get the Rebel heart album she always wanted. If 2025 starts with that re-release would be amazing. It's its 10th anniversary and everything. 

Imagine a double album + one or 2 extra ones with demos. 

God I'm going broke if they actually do these re-releases the right way lmao

49 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Honestly I would love to get the Rebel heart album she always wanted. If 2025 starts with that re-release would be amazing. It's its 10th anniversary and everything. 

Imagine a double album + one or 2 extra ones with demos. 

God I'm going broke if they actually do these re-releases the right way lmao

Everyone needs to be saving NOW for this lol.

I am ready for Madonna to rob my bank account 

1 hour ago, Roy said:

It would be interesting if the uncensored version of Erotica and the SEX book documentary will be a website exclusive as part of the deluxe releases.

I would even go as far as saying re-release the SEX book with some new outtakes and a new foreword by Madonna or another celebrity. It was a Warner release after all

23 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Are you sure about that? I remember at some point I compared them with the leaked Lisbon show and there were differences in her look. But I might remember wrong.

Also in Paris she wore the lavender corset while in Lisbon it’s the champagne one. How did they plan to mix those I wonder…

The corset was colour corrected in some shots of the performance in the documentary. Christian Lamb filmed the full Lisbon show for the scrapped CBS special and the shelved DVD. I'm not sure if Jonas Åkerlund filmed the full Paris show since that footage was only for the documentary.

What happened in Paris was she was there for 4 nights,   2 nights they had 'film' camera's setup all over the place.   The first night the boom camera was on the left the second night the boom camera was on the right.

I was at the front very close to the camera's and i watched what happened.   the first night they filmed beast within,  then when vogue was on a lot of the camera guy's stopped filming and switched to a new film reel.   I don't think they last longer than 8 mins or so.

So once switched they filmed the second song,   Nobody knows me..

The other night the opposite happened they filmed vogue and switched for nobody knows me etc.

So I don't believe they have the full concert from one night,   but i do however believe they could have the full show over 2 nights..

2 hours ago, The Ghost said:

What happened in Paris was she was there for 4 nights,   2 nights they had 'film' camera's setup all over the place.   The first night the boom camera was on the left the second night the boom camera was on the right.

I was at the front very close to the camera's and i watched what happened.   the first night they filmed beast within,  then when vogue was on a lot of the camera guy's stopped filming and switched to a new film reel.   I don't think they last longer than 8 mins or so.

So once switched they filmed the second song,   Nobody knows me..

The other night the opposite happened they filmed vogue and switched for nobody knows me etc.

So I don't believe they have the full concert from one night,   but i do however believe they could have the full show over 2 nights..

Wasn't RIT digitally filmed? Or was it just Lisbon?

2 hours ago, luckystar908 said:

Wasn't RIT digitally filmed? Or was it just Lisbon?

Yes Paris was just filmed on traditional film reels hence why they couldn't get one continuous recording of it.

''The standard length of a 35 mm film reel is 1,000 feet (305 m), which runs approximately 11 minutes for sound film (24 frames per second)''

Lisbon was captured digitally.