MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Roy said:

We can only hope that the final mix of the RIT Lisbon recording will be released for its reissue or anniversary.

Honestly, with such an ambitious (apparently) masterplan they seem to be cooking up, if this isn't released it's because they can't (don't have the rights/lost the reels/haven't enough good footage). 

26 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Honestly, with such an ambitious (apparently) masterplan they seem to be cooking up, if this isn't released it's because they can't (don't have the rights/lost the reels/haven't enough good footage). 

I’m almost certain it was fully edited. We did get final edits of DAD and Burning Up, and the DVD was confirmed for release multiple times throughout 2005

26 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I’m almost certain it was fully edited. We did get final edits of DAD and Burning Up, and the DVD was confirmed for release multiple times throughout 2005

If I think about it, it makes perfect sense that it was ready to go, but by the time their contract for I'm going to tell you a secret ended, it was already Confessions time and it just never materialised. 

The RIT Paris shows were not filmed in full. Fans asked the camera crew there and they said it wasn't filmed entirely. Later pictures of the showrunner's list on paper appeared online listing the songs that were about to be filmed. It must still be in the archives of Tribe or Madonnalicious.

On 11/24/2021 at 10:03 PM, Roland Barthes said:

Will she release all the Rebel Heart demos in HQ as an album ?

Also there must be alot of demos from between the first album and Like A Virgin. In many interviewsNile Rodgers said he picked her demos he liked best and since half of the album is written by other writers there must be a lot of things we don't know about. At this point Madonna thought about producing her second album herself with Bray & Jellybean until they told her she needed a big producer. She first wanted to make half of the album with Nile Rodgers and the other half with Trevor Horn but since Rodgers asked for a lot of money to produce they stayed with him only. She was also asked to write demos for other artists like a french singer she mentions in her early interview, maybe a french girl living in NYC at the time because the name was not familiar in France when she mentionned it, it wasStephanie but i'm not sure. ITG was written for a singer called Cheyne to be produced by Mark Kamins.

I'm dying to hear Sidewalk Talk Madonna only version and Ain't No Big Deal produced by Kamins. And of course all the pre Reggie Lucas demo versions of Lucky Star, Burning Up...

I also wonder if she's gonna finally release all her early demos from Breakfast Club to the Music Building era. There are a lot of exciting stuff from the 1st album era. Will the Vision Quest soundtrack be part of the 1st album package or the Like A Virgin package since the songs were recorded in the fall of 83 after the 1st album was released but released during the LAV era.

AND can we consider the 1st album & Like A Virgin the same era or two separate eras ? (and think it's two separate ones imo) BUT i won't be surprised if we don't get anything before the 4th quarter of 2022. These packages usually come out around the christmas shopping season. They are also some kind of promo for the biopic in a way. 

I'm pretty sure Nile would have listened to submitted demos from songwriters rather than Madonna recording all of these tracks and then they picked the best ones. No doubt the Holiday team repitched for this project and many others. All her hits were none Madonna submissions on the Like A Virgin era and the other planned single was a cover LDLHA. (Angel was sidelined for Into The Groove)

I think Like A Virgin era would have been a very economical era in terms of time lines. I'm doubtful that Madonna recorded a slew of songs that are stashed in the Vault at all. 

They picked three big money submissions ( Like A Virgin, Material Girl and Dress You Up) and had LDLHA in the back pocket and repurposed the Stay demo from years back. 

7 hours ago, deathproof said:

I think so too. The Beast Within video was leaked online in full as well (on the director's website or something like that). There's also a few leaked songs of audio ripped from the DVD that sounds amazing (Don't Tell Me, Nothing Fails, etc). . Supposedly the DVD was edited and ready to be pressed but then shelved. We MUST get this! 

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

I'm pretty sure Nile would have listened to submitted demos from songwriters rather than Madonna recording all of these tracks and then they picked the best ones. No doubt the Holiday team repitched for this project and many others. All her hits were none Madonna submissions on the Like A Virgin era and the other planned single was a cover LDLHA. (Angel was sidelined for Into The Groove)

I think Like A Virgin era would have been a very economical era in terms of time lines. I'm doubtful that Madonna recorded a slew of songs that are stashed in the Vault at all. 

They picked three big money submissions ( Like A Virgin, Material Girl and Dress You Up) and had LDLHA in the back pocket and repurposed the Stay demo from years back. 

Correct. I’m sure there’s a couple songs that might remain unreleased but not a lot.

I’ll be happy with Warning Signs and Desperately Seeking Susan as bonus tracks.

21 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

It is true. She has used multiple shows footage for the Rebel Heart tour release, even though "officially" she only recorded Melbourne. 

The Madame X shows were not filmed apart from Lisbon

The Sydney shows (the final nights of the tour were filmed professionally for the release. Melbourne is just tthe standard filming from the two nights

17 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

The Sydney shows (the final nights of the tour were filmed professionally for the release. Melbourne is just tthe standard filming from the two nights

I felt the whole RHT had such weird lighting that was too bright and just assumed they were probably doing it to use it as a montage recording

20 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Hopefully hard Candy is the last one the re-issue campaign 

I was wondering if this whole campaign was going to have some kind of project name ? I know it’s tired but I would love her to use Icon as the heading for each release ? What do you guys think would be a cool name for all these re-issues ? 

MDNA CNDY SHP

4 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

They didn't as multpile people already said. Same happened to the Paris Blond Ambition Show as Alek said, but fans are sure the full Paris show used in TOD is out there.

Difference is Toby Phillips who produced the concert sequences of ToD states they did film it in full. He says they did all three nights in full. So it isn't as clean cut as the RIT filming that seems to have strong evidence to support they only did a partial filming.

At the very least they should give us the full unedited performances of the songs featured in both documentaries.