MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Wait what? When did this happen?

It was on instagram a few years ago, but I can't remember if it was during madame x or rebel heart eras, might have been rebel heart tbh, anyway there were the big 35mm film reel canisters clearly marked ToD Paris with dates and lots of wigs from the blond ambition era etc

29 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

It was on instagram a few years ago, but I can't remember if it was during madame x or rebel heart eras, might have been rebel heart tbh, anyway there were the big 35mm film reel canisters clearly marked ToD Paris with dates and lots of wigs from the blond ambition era etc

I like to think they were the wigs worn by the extras on the Iconic backdrop later used by the dancers in the spy sections from PRIDE and the Madame X Tour :)

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I can't find the IG post about the archive but she definitely mentioned it in the reddit AMA in 2013

Hi Madonna! When is Blond Ambition Tour coming to DVD?
Madonna: when i can find the tapes in the archives

https://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2013/09/17/askmadonnaanything-on-reddit-the-full-qa/

Oh damn! Wish we had those photos 

3 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I can't find the IG post about the archive but she definitely mentioned it in the reddit AMA in 2013

Hi Madonna! When is Blond Ambition Tour coming to DVD?
Madonna: when i can find the tapes in the archives

https://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2013/09/17/askmadonnaanything-on-reddit-the-full-qa/

Maybe I'm wrong but you can't find it because it was a video shared on her stories and not a proper post...

I remember that perfectly too. I can't remember exactly what was written on it but yeah, it was something about "TOD" and varios dates. If I'm not wrong she even showed one of the corsets used on that tour with the wig.

About if it was recorded or not... We have always the same discussion. In 1991 it was completly recorded, 10 years later it was lost, 10 years later and it wasn't recorded. People who worked on it said yes and years after no, so we'll never know for sure what happened with that. 

4 hours ago, scamper said:

Maybe I'm wrong but you can't find it because it was a video shared on her stories and not a proper post...

I remember that perfectly too. I can't remember exactly what was written on it but yeah, it was something about "TOD" and varios dates. If I'm not wrong she even showed one of the corsets used on that tour with the wig.

About if it was recorded or not... We have always the same discussion. In 1991 it was completly recorded, 10 years later it was lost, 10 years later and it wasn't recorded. People who worked on it said yes and years after no, so we'll never know for sure what happened with that. 

Yeah it was a video and it was a split second that was easy to miss, but also clear as day. I do believe this was before her Q&A sesh when she stated she couldn't find the BAT Paris footage though. 

Yes it seems no one really knows. I only believe Toby as he has such a clear memory of how the filming went. How he adjusted the lights to compensate for the filming and how M was worried the audience wouldn't be able to see the show (as Toby had put gels on the lights and darkened everything so the lighting would show up better, in the Paris B Roll you can see how much darker everything is and how much more intense the lighting is) He also clearly remembers it was a crane hitting her audio feed that caused the sound issues on the last night. Not saying he is definitely correct about filming everything though he has a much better memory of these things than anyone else.

I also shared a screen cap from some B-Roll of Where's the Party and you see a crane following her briefly. So if they didn't film everything, it seems they might have more than we have seen.

5 hours ago, deathproof said:

Found my screenshots.

It would take an entire day just to go through xkir5tenx's instagram to find the video:

IMG-5056.pngIMG-5055.pngIMG-5053.pngIMG-5051.pngIMG-5050.png

Plot twist: This is the WHOLE Truth or Dare movie.

We'll never know for sure. I can't help but think that they indeed shot the whole Paris show because Causing a Commotion was included, the live bloopers of Keep It Together was also filmed. I guess Alek or Madonna forgot that they filmed the whole thing.

6 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t get why everyone is so hung up on the Paris shows though. There’s at least 3 other shows that were professionally recorded and could be released…

Not only was it shot beautifully and had extra lighting installed, she sounded amazing compared to the other European shows. 

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t get why everyone is so hung up on the Paris shows though. There’s at least 3 other shows that were professionally recorded and could be released…

Her performance there was better. She wasn't as energetic in Japan and she sounded terrible in Nice. Paris was just perfect an it was shot on film so it can be true 4K

3 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Her performance there was better. She wasn't as energetic in Japan and she sounded terrible in Nice. Paris was just perfect an it was shot on film so it can be true 4K

I do agree about Japan, but there’s something about Nice that I prefer. Can’t put my finger on it.

I know it’s unlikely but I’d prefer an official release for a US show. I prefer the ponytail to the curls and she’s absolutely fantastic in the East Rutherford video that leaked. And I would prefer the partially live Express Yourself vocals

13 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I do agree about Japan, but there’s something about Nice that I prefer. Can’t put my finger on it.

I know it’s unlikely but I’d prefer an official release for a US show. I prefer the ponytail to the curls and she’s absolutely fantastic in the East Rutherford video that leaked. And I would prefer the partially live Express Yourself vocals

Honestly, if we could get a US show with quality like Dan K gave us with the Los Angeles snippets, I would be pretty happy.

I really didn't think the archived versions would ever look better than the East Rutherford show, but it shows with the master source and upscaling we could have something pretty awesome. 

10 minutes ago, me1981 said:

Honestly, if we could get a US show with quality like Dan K gave us with the Los Angeles snippets, I would be pretty happy.

I really didn't think the archived versions would ever look better than the East Rutherford show, but it shows with the master source and upscaling we could have something pretty awesome. 

I’d be fine with a high bitrate SD version too. 
Since they have the master recordings they can do wonders in post production but I still feel like these recordings look a bit flat. Plus they’d have to edit it from several shows cause these video screen recordings often have weird angles for a release. And on top of it they’d have to do the audio mix from scratch. I’m not sure that’s an undertaking they’d be willing to take on.

But often artists have fully edited concerts in their vaults that people are unaware of.

9 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I’d be fine with a high bitrate SD version too. 
Since they have the master recordings they can do wonders in post production but I still feel like these recordings look a bit flat. Plus they’d have to edit it from several shows cause these video screen recordings often have weird angles for a release. And on top of it they’d have to do the audio mix from scratch. I’m not sure that’s an undertaking they’d be willing to take on.

But often artists have fully edited concerts in their vaults that people are unaware of.

I have always thought they could open the concert archive as a VOD style thing. Not sure if that is possible in terms of royalties for other creatives besides M though, who else needs to sign off or get paid for the live shows? 

I was thinking relatively cheap streaming or discs made on demand like the Warner Archive does with their film library. Thus the quality only needs to be a decent master source upscaled or just a decent digital version. That way there is no major overhead that can result in lost revenue. Assuming they have digitised her concert archive (which I doubt)