MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

Just a few days until 2022 now. I wonder when we'll get an announcement?

January will see the 15th anniversary of the Confessions Tour dvd release. A Bluray release of that would be so dope to start with, since they already have the HD file. Also wasn't there a discussion about the fact that Amazon added a "vinyl" option to this release in some territories? A vinyl and Bluray release of something they already have is so easy to do and it's a super popular show too. It would sell like hotcakes and really start the hype. Just announce it for Christmas already to released in late January. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

January will see the 15th anniversary of the Confessions Tour dvd release. A Bluray release of that would be so dope to start with, since they already have the HD file. Also wasn't there a discussion about the fact that Amazon added a "vinyl" option to this release in some territories? A vinyl and Bluray release of something they already have is so easy to do and it's a super popular show too. It would sell like hotcakes and really start the hype. Just announce it for Christmas already to released in late January. 

My bet is "Like A Prayer" Super Deluxe announcement + pre-order on January and release in March/April. :smile:

Or "Madonna" Deluxe in July and announcement and pre-order in March.

Just now, roberMDNA said:

if i had to bet i would say Like A Prayer because it must be like almost done (remember it was about to be released) and Erotica for the 30th anniversary. Anyway i hope she goes a bit fast with this reissues because with 2 per year we would finish the 40 anniversary releases when we should be celebrating 50

Yep but at the same time they can't do more than two or three a year if they want people to buy them. They're going to be expensive sets.

2 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I wonder what’s going on. It’s almost 4 months since they said they’re announcing the first release “soon”.

I hope it’s not a situation where they planned all this cool stuff and now Madonna is being a pain in the ass about it and having second thoughts 

51 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I wonder what’s going on. It’s almost 4 months since they said they’re announcing the first release “soon”.

I hope it’s not a situation where they planned all this cool stuff and now Madonna is being a pain in the ass about it and having second thoughts 

OMG imagine.

joel mchale murder GIF by NETFLIX

40 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

I think we are all expecting too much too soon. People making assumptions on what will be released and when  I think they will drag it out as long as possible to make the most money from whatever is released.

The way to make most money is pump stuff out and the repackage in different box sets and limited variants. 

12 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

OMG imagine.

joel mchale murder GIF by NETFLIX

It’s really not a stretch of the imagination knowing how she feels about rereleases.

I think she sees these marketing ploys as a sign of weakness. Like she’s not that relevant anymore and she has to rely on her back catalogue 

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Well. "Soon" is a long time when it comes to Madonna. Remember when we were promised the HD-video of JML, and then it didn't drop until some ten months later?
I think we'll get THE announcement in early 2022, and then the release in March. And I think it'll be HUGE!

2 hours ago, adirondak said:

At the point that it's been publicly announced I'd imagine legal contracts obligating it have already been signed. If not it would be a huge oversight on WB's part. It would be a mistake so huge I can't imagine they'd ever make it. 

I'm sure they had everything mapped out and ready before the announcement. What the editions will look like, what bonustracks to include, what color the vinyls will have, what the inevitable mercahdise will look like. Down to the last button.
They probably worked on this project for years, and I believe everything, or alot, is ready for release. All they have to do now is wait for 2022, then just release them at a strategic pace. Three to four a year.

Madonna can't change her mind now. The papers have been signed and the money invested in this project. It will happen.

8 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Well. "Soon" is a long time when it comes to Madonna. Remember when we were promised the HD-video of JML, and then it didn't drop until some ten months later?
I think we'll get THE announcement in early 2022, and then the release in March. And I think it'll be HUGE!

I'm sure they had everything mapped out and ready before the announcement. What the editions will look like, what bonustracks to include, what color the vinyls will have, what the inevitable mercahdise will look like. Down to the last button.
They probably worked on this project for years, and I believe everything, or alot, is ready for release. All they have to do now is wait for 2022, then just release them at a strategic pace. Three to four a year.

Madonna can't change her mind now. The papers have been signed and the money invested in this project. It will happen.

I hope so! I’m ready for some epic re-releases!

47 minutes ago, Celebration said:

If that was the case why announce the deal and then wait 4-5 months to announce a release? Instead of moving everything along on a tighter timeline. 
I mean I know non fans that are record collectors and they were aware and excited for the announcement. It created a small momentum that’s gone now. 

I’m not as optimistic as you. I think in august they just had a general idea of what they wanna do and nothing had been done yet. Maybe some drafts of older projects that never ended up happening. 
And now they’re scrambling to figure it out which is why we still didn’t get any updates.

And my more optimistic assumption is that they decided to go bigger than they originally intended so it takes more time to develop the first release. So the announcement is postponed until it’s ready and there wouldn’t be a long gap until the release date or risk of postponing