MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Something like the Reissues of Kylie Minogue's First Four Albums would be a great start

https://theseconddisc.com/2015/04/08/be-so-lucky-pwlcherry-red-reissues-kylie-minogues-first-four-albums/

Oh yes. Those boxes are so beautiful, and every cd is packed with music. The majority of remixes from the era and a couple of previousely unreleased ones.

Beautiful picture discs too. Much better than the horrors that they did with Howard Jones' first two albums a few years ago, with track listings on each side and the Cherry Red logo. (I wanted at least one side clean with only the picture)
https://www.discogs.com/release/12880715-Howard-Jones-Dream-Into-Action

The dvds are also a delight with remastered videos and bbc performances. :)

3 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Something like the Reissues of Kylie Minogue's First Four Albums would be a great start

https://theseconddisc.com/2015/04/08/be-so-lucky-pwlcherry-red-reissues-kylie-minogues-first-four-albums/

What was the price for those? Make it x2 and we can have an estimate of what Madonna will charge

8 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

48-page booklet, DVD with videos and select performances and extra disc with remixes and Bsides. That's decent and what I'm expecting too. I hope they add unreleased songs. 

Except it’s time to retire good old DVDs and have true HD videos on Blu-ray’s 

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Mirwais said in an interview that she could die for a tiny sound in a track and they fought hard about this. She's gonna be very hands on with this imo and will probably be a nightmare for whomever will remaster the albums. 

God I hope not... Not only would it take years cause she's slow AF but she would probably want to add autotune to old songs and have Mirwais remix them. No thanks - leave it to the pros M - all we need you for is to approve the artwork. 

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

God I hope not... Not only would it take years cause she's slow AF but she would probably want to add autotune to old songs and have Mirwais remix them. No thanks - leave it to the pros M - all we need you for is to approve the artwork. 

Lol she is one of those “pros”

And she’s been extremely involved in all her music so it’s only natural for her to have a say in how these projects are presented. 

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Lol she is one of those “pros”

And she’s been extremely involved in all her music so it’s only natural for her to have a say in how these projects are presented. 

Right? Anything to undermine her talent and skills. Here comes the clichéd "HER TOUR DVDS HAVE TOO MANY FAST CUTS" comments haha...i really think she should release another coffee table book with a shit ton of outtakes and notes on the shoots...maybe even have one with each album

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

Right? Anything to undermine her talent and skills. Here comes the clichéd "HER TOUR DVDS HAVE TOO MANY FAST CUTS" comments haha...i really think she should release another coffee table book with a shit ton of outtakes and notes on the shoots...maybe even have one with each album

For the release of erotica she should do a follow up to the sex book with outtakes, bound in leather and release a very limited edition for like hundreds of dollars 

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

For the release of erotica she should do a follow up to the sex book with outtakes, bound in leather and release a very limited edition for like hundreds of dollars 

WRONG! she should do it for free ?? God I don't even wanna imagine the price tag. I already bought the Evangelion blurays I can't spend more money again ?

30 minutes ago, madgefan said:

I think they're waiting for the Madame X Tour hype to decay. And God knows it's already dead :)

Save your money ladies cause those boxsets are gonna be expensive and limited.

I’d be surprised. She never really had releases that were very expensive or too limited (except for broken and MadameX blue)

9 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Something I didn't get yet, do the reissue only involve limited collectors boxsets or even just the remastered albums? Cause honestly I'd be happy with just the "deluxe" reissued albums without the need of getting fancy things at the price of 120$, lol

I'm sure there will be different editions to please and try to get everyone's money: the whole, expensive sets on CD and vinyl for the super fans but also the cheaper regular standard editions for the general public with maybe just the remastered album and b-sides or unreleased tracks (let's hope so). It all depends on the material available for each album.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I'm sure there will be different editions to please and try to get everyone's money: the whole, expensive sets on CD and vinyl for the super fans but also the cheaper regular standard editions for the general public with maybe just the remastered album and b-sides or unreleased tracks (let's hope so). It all depends on the material available for each album.

I was thinking the same tbh. No way there are just gonna be expensive collectors pack, if the albums are getting remastered and reissued with new stuff, there MUST be standard copies, otherwise non fans wouldn't even buy them if they only were available in super expensive packaging

3 hours ago, Andreo said:

Something I didn't get yet, do the reissue only involve limited collectors boxsets or even just the remastered albums? Cause honestly I'd be happy with just the "deluxe" reissued albums without the need of getting fancy things at the price of 120$, lol

If they follow the same pattern as Fleetwood Mac's reissues, they will provide both standard and deluxe/box set versions of each.