MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

I could see them doing a similar release format like Prince’s estate, where there’s super deluxe editions, legacy releases, and one offs. 1 of each released a year.

As for first release, either Madonna or LAP

If Madonna's team could wise up and start acting like the Prince estate in terms of reissues that would be a literal dream. I literally about had an orgasm when that magnificent box set of 1999 showed up at my door, not getting my hopes up though because this is Madonna we are talking about??

30 minutes ago, Blond Ambition said:

If Madonna's team could wise up and start acting like the Prince estate in terms of reissues that would be a literal dream. I literally about had an orgasm when that magnificent box set of 1999 showed up at my door, not getting my hopes up though because this is Madonna we are talking about??

Tbqh, I can’t see Madonna saying “no” to a bunch of rarities. She is a smart business woman. She and Warner knows what’s going to make money. 

2 hours ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

Maybe the 1999 & SOTT deluxe releases are what finally convinced Madonna that she could benefit from re-releasing her stuff. They truly are the best, no offense to Bowie but his boxsets and re-releases are a mixed bag (especially the new box set). His firts re-release with Ryko in the 90's were filled with "fake" bonus tracks like "I Pray Olé" that were in fact contemporary reworks he did for the releases. 

I wonder if she's gonna ask Pat Leonard to ork on it, i remember him saying in an interview for a Like A Prayer anniversary that he did not like deluxe editions with unreleased bonus material.

5 hours ago, musicinferno said:

PS, I hope those demo tapes she listened to on IG while her and Diablo wrote the script are a part of this project. They could probably easily do an album of pre-debut stuff that we've never heard. 

But unless they completely rework the tracks it will sound awful. And literally 5 people would buy that. It could be a bonus disc though on some other release

7 hours ago, Alexei said:

So is it looking likely that soundtrack tracks and individual singles will be placed on the nearest album? For example, the 4 tracks from Who's That Girl will become part of a True Blue reissue? You'll See and I Want You will become part of a Bedtime Stories reissue, and so on? 

The press release mentioned soundtracks, so I imagine those ones will appear on their respective releases

2 hours ago, Alexei said:

So is it looking likely that soundtrack tracks and individual singles will be placed on the nearest album? For example, the 4 tracks from Who's That Girl will become part of a True Blue reissue? You'll See and I Want You will become part of a Bedtime Stories reissue, and so on? 

That sounds like an abomination of an idea. It will sound terrible as a full album listen unless they totally rework the tracks.

15 minutes ago, Ziggy Stardust said:

That sounds like an abomination of an idea. It will sound terrible as a full album listen unless they totally rework the tracks.

Why? I'm agree with @Alexei I always made cassettes and CDs with True Blue + Who's that Girl tracks, and Bedtime stories + the new tracks from "Something to remember". I don't see the problem...

It would make total sense to tack on short soundtrack songs on to previous albums especially wtg songs and demos on true blue assuming Demos even exist ? I always loved the look of love instrumental used in the film so I’m hoping pat or Steve might dig out some oddities like that 

as for something to remember and the immaculate collection I don’t see why they need remastered or reissued when they only have a couple of brand new tracks on them - I think I read get over was leftover from IC and we all want the song broken or Indian summer from the Takara commercial but which album to put it on ? Maybe just do a demos album of all non studio albums would make sense ? 

I think they’ll want to keep I’m Breathless in it’s entirely. 

I’d like a proper PreMadonna release but otherwise a disc two for the Madonna release would be ace. 

Like A Virgin is difficult because you want to lump the soundtracks on but I really think Warner see Immaculate and STR as the rightful homes for Into The Groove and Crazy For You.  

I’d personally favour all the Who’s That Girl era tracks on the True Blue edition because I really want The Look Of Love Remastered and none of the tracks made IC but I can’t see Warner missing out on potential further sales of You Can Dance and WTG ost. I would love it if they did cause I think those tracks will be lost otherwise and it would be nice to bring them into a wider release. 
We might just get the single edit of Spotlight on True Blue. 

I don’t see what they can really add to I’m Breathless. A couple of the lost demos maybe and a live version of Sooner Or Later from the Oscars? 

The real worry about lumping tracks in is if something horrendous like putting Vogue and Hanky Panky on Like A Prayer or Justify My Love & Rescue Me on I’m Breathless just for “content”

I’d be very happy with  Justify My Love / Rescue Me  on the Erotica edition but I think Erotica is gonna be a very packed project as it is and I think they’ll keep all the STR ballads separate to maintain the integrity of that release and I do think we’ll get an IC special edition so ??‍♂️.

Bedtime Stories : Freedom / Let Down Your Guard + demos

STR - I’d live a second disc with a recollection housing the The Look Of Love specifically. I’ll never understand why is was skipped over ever. 

Ray Of Light is pretty straightforward + Beautiful Stranger 

Music + American Pie & Time Stood Still

Then it’s all pretty straightforward huh. 

oh

no Britney on American Life. Weird fit is all.