MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

6 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Why? I'm agree with @Alexei I always made cassettes and CDs with True Blue + Who's that Girl tracks, and Bedtime stories + the new tracks from "Something to remember". I don't see the problem...

To be honest, I genuinely thought that might be what they were planning. It's not necessarily what I was wanting them to do.

I was just remembering back to the ABBA remastered albums where non-album tracks like 'Summer Night City' and 'Gimme Gimme Gimme' got tagged on to the end of the Voulez Vous album as it was the closest album to the release of those particular singles.

It kinda got me thinking that if 'Something To Remember' didn't fall into this remastered/reissued bracket, what would then happen to tracks like 'You'll See', 'I Want You' and 'One More Chance' that don't appear anywhere else? Could they continue as tracks on CD1 of 'Bedtime Stories' after 'Take A Bow' finishes, which in my eyes would totally alter the listenability of that album because an album is like a book. 'Survival' is chapter one, 'Take A Bow' is the closing chapter. Or would those 3 'STR' tracks and their remixes/instrumentals become part of disc 2, therefore not interrupting the flow of the original album.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually, many remastered albums has non-album singles from the closed era. For example, the album Actually (Pet Shop Boys) has the original CD remastered, and a second CD with the remixes made for the original singles, and the non-album singles released a year later:

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/11650111-Pet-Shop-Boys-Actually-Further-Listening-19871988

A part of me thinks Warner is going to allow certain songs to escape once again such as Gambler, Time Stood Still, etc. 

I also don't like the idea of tagging soundtrack songs onto an album but it's unrealistic to think they will release The Next Best Thing or Austin Powers as a part of this project. 

It would be cool if the box set versions came with 7" of all singles from each era and they put soundtrack songs as B sides on there. 

However, we better finally get Evita on vinyl for the first time, and it better be the full complete soundtrack. 

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

Like A Virgin is difficult because you want to lump the soundtracks on but I really think Warner see Immaculate and STR as the rightful homes for Into The Groove and Crazy For You.  

If it means that both Crazy For You and Into The Groove get their original versions remastered and released then, in this instance, I hope they do become part of the Like A Virgin album, purely because I find The Immaculate Collection versions of both tracks to be weak imitations. 

I think we are going to have this "out of albums" tracks in any way. Time Stood Still is, for example, nowadays out of catalog since the The Next Best Thing OST is out of print (last year I think). With this in mind i think we are going to get a box with demos and those extra tracks or some remixes like both true blue or like a prayer anniversary. Deluxe packs will contain all of them or something like that. We must to know how to works madonna releases. And to be honest I don't think in releases with a bunch of 50 remixes of singles and a remastered album -hypothetically, An extra box with maxisingles, re-releases...- They're going to do in their hands for make lots of money. Of our money hahah

4 hours ago, Alexei said:

If it means that both Crazy For You and Into The Groove get their original versions remastered and released then, in this instance, I hope they do become part of the Like A Virgin album, purely because I find The Immaculate Collection versions of both tracks to be weak imitations. 

The remaster of the Original Into The Groove is on Celebration and Crazy For You on Something To Remember. 
I think that’s right huh? 

19 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

Imagine “The Immaculate Collection: The 12” Extended Mixes”.

Same tracks,  but in their full, unedited, extended forms. 

It’s weird with Immaculate because despite me favouring a couple of different versions it sort of …. Urm… Immaculate as it is. I’d much rather have a second disc with the missing singles from the era

1. Everybody

2. Burning Up

3. Physical Attraction 

4. Dress You Up

5. Angel

6. Gambler

7. Love Don’t Live Here Anymore 

9. True Blue

10. Who’s That Girl

11. Causing A Commotion

12. The Look Of Love

13. Spotlight 

14. Dear Jessie

15. Oh Father

16. Keep It Together

17. Hanky Panky

18. Get Over 

Now that would be a serve. 

7 minutes ago, steady75 said:

It’s weird with Immaculate because despite me favouring a couple of different versions it sort of …. Urm… Immaculate as it is. I’d much rather have a second disc with the missing singles from the era

1. Everybody

2. Burning Up

3. Physical Attraction 

4. Dress You Up

5. Angel

6. Gambler

9. True Blue

10. Who’s That Girl

11. Causing A Commotion

12. The Look Of Love

13. Spotlight 

14. Dear Jessie

15. Oh Father

16. Keep It Together

17. Hanky Panky

18. Get Over 

I often wonder what would the missing songs would sound like on the immaculate collection...i would assume their single mixes?

12 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Can't stop thinking of THE SERVE some albums will be with an expanded version, think of Music for example, so many bonus tracks such as Time Stood Still, Cyberraga, Petite, Run, Liquid Love... Me Me Me Fainting GIF by Archie Comics

This alone would make me cUm (alive) ngl

Yeah Music does seem to have a lot of stuff. I’ll bet there’s bloody loads we just don’t know about too. 

I think we’ll get

1. Run

2. Liquid Love

3. Beautiful Stranger

4. La Petit Juene Fils 

5. Arioso 

6. Time Stood Still

7. CyberRagga

8. Like An Angel Passing Through My Room

9. Alone Again

10. WIFLFAG (aBove & Beyond single version. 

and the orbit versions of the Mirwais tracks. 
Should be a bumper Special Edition. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Yeah Music does seem to have a lot of stuff. I’ll bet there’s bloody loads we just don’t know about too. 

I think we’ll get

1. Run

2. Liquid Love

3. Beautiful Stranger

4. La Petit Juene Fils 

5. Arioso 

6. Time Stood Still

7. CyberRagga

9. Alone Again

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I think we’ll get

1. Run

2. Liquid Love

3. Beautiful Stranger

4. La Petit Juene Fils 

5. Arioso 

6. Time Stood Still

7. CyberRagga

9. Alone Again

That would be a dream! At this point Music might turn into a double album and I'd be here for it!

Isn't Arioso a ROL outtake tho? 

I also have been wondering if there really are more country inspired songs, I'd love more of that sound of I Deserve It, Nobody's Perfect, Amazing, Run, American Pie (?) just to make the album even more cohesive with the digital cowboy concept

44 minutes ago, Andreo said:

What's funny in the Arioso lyrics? Am I missing something? :Madonna034:

44 minutes ago, Andreo said:

What's funny in the Arioso lyrics? Am I missing something? :Madonna034:

It’s about the area around her nipples .. which I believe are the eyes of the face. 

10 hours ago, steady75 said:

1. Everybody

2. Burning Up

3. Physical Attraction 

4. Dress You Up

5. Angel

6. Gambler

9. True Blue

10. Who’s That Girl

11. Causing A Commotion

12. The Look Of Love

13. Spotlight 

14. Dear Jessie

15. Oh Father

16. Keep It Together

17. Hanky Panky

18. Get Over 

I'm really not a fan of the versions of the tracks put on The Immaculate Collection. I'd much rather it had been the original versions (or edits where necessary). But you're right, it's all in the name, the line-up is just that...immaculate.

I still find it incredible that somebody who hadn't even been high profile for a full decade could compile a greatest hits collection of such magnitude but could still afford to leave so many genuine hits and number 1 singles off of the line-up, and  manage to turn that album into a global smash. Surely no other artist could have done it.