MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Are you sure you’re talking about Danorama and not AvidDiva?

Danorama was working with Warner around that time to release a DVD of his work with Madonna. Maybe it was for this boxset.

But he didn’t do any additional work and the project didn’t get far enough to be owed any money 

Danorama - yea possibly - he had stated that he was owed money to which neither of them paid.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Madonna is very reluctant to have her past work re-released. Even on Immaculate Collection it was remixes. Or maybe they never gave her a deal she liked. The credits on GHV2 were written by the cook on the set of Swept Away (or so it said). I just hope she's not gonna jinx this new project too.

Amazing, every word of what you just said was wrong.

if she was that reluctant to have her past work re-released there wouldn't be a post about it on her website and from warner saying the exact opposite, the maxi singles and HD videos probably would've stopped too, this thread wouldn't exist and she'd go back to being a soccer mom for the next 3 years

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

It looks like Madonna is very reluctant to have her past work re-released. Even on Immaculate Collection it was remixes. Or maybe they never gave her a deal she liked. The credits on GHV2 were written by the cook on the set of Swept Away (or so it said). I just hope she's not gonna jinx this new project too.

The cook? :tongue: The liner notes on "GHV2" are by Dan Cadan, Guy Ritchie's production assistant back then (and friend, I guess). They're meant to have that sort of British sense of humor she loved so much when she went through her UK phase. :smile:

I agree she was always reluctant to look into the past... was. She's not anymore. She's been looking back for years now, since "Rebel Heart" actually and even on some parts of the "MDNA" era. And she's making a movie about her life now, I mean.

58 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Amazing, every word of what you just said was wrong.

if she was that reluctant to have her past work re-released there wouldn't be a post about it on her website and from warner saying the exact opposite, the maxi singles and HD videos probably would've stopped too, this thread wouldn't exist and she'd go back to being a soccer mom for the next 3 years

Amazing, you take everything so wrong.

When i say jinx it it's because there's a previous example of such project being shelved as mentionned in previous posts here. Geez. Chill.

(and yes it's promoted on her website, FB & Twitter. Not on her personal IG though)

On 12/16/2021 at 6:38 PM, Shoful said:

Also now more than ever seems to be a big nostalgia movement 

I may have completely missed this but just read the following ; (wonder how much Madonna's catalogue is worth?)

Bruce Springsteen has sold the master recordings and publishing rights for his life's work to Sony for a reported $500m (£376m).

The deal gives Sony ownership of his 20 studio albums, including classics like Born To Run, The River and Born In The USA, according to multiple US reports.

A 20-time Grammy winner, Springsteen's music generated about $15m in revenue last year.

His deal follows similar sales by Bob Dylan, Blondie and David Bowie.

Warner Music bought the worldwide rights to Bowie's music in September, and Dylan sold his catalogue of more than 600 songs in December last year to Universal Music Group at a purchase price widely reported as $300m.

The deals provide immediate financial security to the artists and their estates, while the rights-holders hope to profit by building new revenue streams for the music via film and TV licensing, merchandise, cover versions and performance royalties.

At an investor relations meeting in May, Sony Music's chief executive, Rob Stringer, said the company had spent $1.4bn in acquisitions over the previous six months. That included a multi-million dollar deal to obtain the rights to Paul Simon's back catalogue.

Springsteen's deal would be the most expensive so far, if the numbers reported by music industry bible Billboard are correct.

No public announcement has been made about the sale, and representatives for Sony and Springsteen did not immediately respond to queries from the BBC.

8 hours ago, Prayer said:

The cook? :tongue: The liner notes on "GHV2" are by Dan Cadan, Guy Ritchie's production assistant back then (and friend, I guess). They're meant to have that sort of British sense of humor she loved so much when she went through her UK phase. :smile:

I agree she was always reluctant to look into the past... was. She's not anymore. She's been looking back for years now, since "Rebel Heart" actually and even on some parts of the "MDNA" era. And she's making a movie about her life now, I mean.

Tbh that was the worst part for me regarding GHV2 lol I think especially knowing what we know now about that marriage. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it would've been nicer to have someone who actually liked her music and understood it instead of a friend of her husband making everything into a joke. Yes I am PMSing. Lol

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Tbh that was the worst part for me regarding GHV2 lol I think especially knowing what we know now about that marriage. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it would've been nicer to have someone who actually liked her music and understood it instead of a friend of her husband making everything into a joke. Yes I am PMSing. Lol

I agree. At the time I didn't notice. It just seemed different and not taking herself so seriously.

But knowing but we know now, while I still find it funny in some parts, it looks like another attempt on Guy Ritchie's part to diminish her while trying to disguise it as a joke, or "funny" or whatever. And her and all the public buying it back then, of course. It's really creepy and... not right.

Another example from that time:

Things that didn't look that bad at the time but now are quite disturbing.

40 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I agree. At the time I didn't notice. It just seemed different and not taking herself so seriously.

But knowing but we know now, while I still find it funny in some parts, it looks like another attempt on Guy Ritchie's part to diminish her while trying to disguise it as a joke, or "funny" or whatever. And her and all the public buying it back then, of course. It's really creepy and... not right.

Another example from that time:

Things that didn't look that bad at the time but now are quite disturbing.

Creepy 

27 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Nah that's just a British sense of humour and I still think it's funny. We all know there's no way Madonna would play into that if she didn't think it was funny. Besides. Madonna loves alpha men. It was all great for her image. They're playing on British stereotypes. "the wife, the mrs, her indoors, the boss etc" It's very British 60's soap and there was a particular sort of resurgence of that around that time too. Most of Guys films are based around 1960's British Gangster films. I wouldn't read too much into that. We were living in a British led Girl Power era too. 

Don't forget Madonna was living here and was very immersed in British humour at the time. Ali G, Mike Myers and The Spy Who Shagged Me, Stuart Price was around too. I think context is important....and she loved it and poked fun at the British stereotypes a lot during those years. Look at the country manor and hens shoot. Hilarious. The English Roses etc. Mini Coopers etc.

Yeah, I just watched that video for the first time and I find it funny. If anything Madonna isn't acting very well, but that's normal 

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Nah that's just a British sense of humour and I still think it's funny. We all know there's no way Madonna would play into that if she didn't think it was funny. Besides. Madonna loves alpha men. It was all great for her image. They're playing on British stereotypes. "the wife, the mrs, her indoors, the boss etc" It's very British 60's soap and there was a particular sort of resurgence of that around that time too. Most of Guys films are based around 1960's British Gangster films. I wouldn't read too much into that. We were living in a British led Girl Power era too. 

Don't forget Madonna was living here and was very immersed in British humour at the time. Ali G, Mike Myers and The Spy Who Shagged Me, Stuart Price was around too. I think context is important....and she loved it and poked fun at the British stereotypes a lot during those years. Look at the country manor and hens shoot. Hilarious. The English Roses etc. Mini Coopers etc.

Yes looking back that was way more cringe and I'd rather her roaming the streets in grillz proclaiming Artists are Here to Distrub the Peace with her nipple out than go back to that. I remember SO much moaning saying they missed the old Madonna during that time now she's back but her only flaw is that people say she's too old for that. Oh well.

33 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I actually miss Lady of The English Rose Manor Donna ?

I remember feeling so sad when in 2005 i picked up Vogue with her and farm animals and the article was called "Reinvented for the very last time"...i predict she will get tired of the current persona soon once she's single again and in director mode.