MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

The same way Finally Enough Love is :) her contract with Warner also includes brand new releases of her back catalogue 

So instead of bundling rarities with the albums closest they should release barebones deluxe editions and add the rarities to an incoherent new compilation. What a marvellous idea lol

19 minutes ago, rescueme said:

So instead of bundling rarities with the albums closest they should release barebones deluxe editions and add the rarities to an incoherent new compilation. What a marvellous idea lol

No, they shouldn't release a deluxe edition of MDNA at all :)

Lol you think a collection of covers would be incoherent but you would put Behind the bars on MDNA 

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

I'm not sure about the notion that she was everywhere in the period leading up to Erotica. The last we'd really seen of her was The Immaculate Collection Xmas 90 and while Truth or Dare grabbed headlines for a couple of weeks it was a curio and press fodder and not in the cinemas for very long at all. In fact I really only knew about it as a friend had mentioned going to see it and I was like "oh ok then" little did I know it would change my whole life

She was in a little movie called Dick Tracy too. People saw it. My friends in elementary school had t-shirts and action figures. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175083861743 (as seen on PETE DAVIDSON lol)

18 minutes ago, rescueme said:

I might be wrong but wasn't it just an outfit for the MDNA tour that got dropped

Never knew if it was for the tour, for a video, or what. After the tour ended, the Secret Project tease began, so I thought it could also be the title for a new song related to that project that never saw the light of day. 
Now that I think about it, that whole rumour was so strange…

23 minutes ago, rescueme said:

I might be wrong but wasn't it just an outfit for the MDNA tour that got dropped

It was supposedly for a video for Superstar 

''Although no music video was officially confirmed or produced, media outlets reported that a music video for "Superstar" was to be shot in October 2012. Madonna wanted to dress as a "Terror Bride", which is a combination of an Iraqi bridal veil and a US soldier's uniform. The dress was to be portrayed as a statement for oppression against women and warfare. However, the singer's advisers talked her out of wearing the costume because they thought it would "put her life at risk". Sources then stated "[Madonna] had the outfit ready to go. She was really proud of it and said it was her 'Terror Bride' costume [...] At first, when people started telling her it was madness, she just brushed it off, but when they mentioned that her actions could put her life at risk, she decided to ditch it from her video and certainly won't be wearing it on stage." Madonna said she was "really disappointed" about not wearing the outfit, but had put aside the idea for a future use.'' 

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report-madonna-wont-wear-terror-bridal-dress-for-fear-of-safety-1750239

I mean this is Madonna’s Intro costume for the MDNA Tour but all I see is her just recreating her gown from her wedding with Ratchie?

D2TiobtX4AA4ITk.jpg

D2TiobsXQAA4ZXk?format=jpg&name=small

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

Didnt she do the Chris Brown song Wake Me Up or did I imagine that?

I suppose MDNA was the first era where they used any left over tracks that would previously have been vaulted, on the delulxe CD. 

There's also a track called Kids. Some say she did record it others say no. It was a leftover from "Flesh Tone". Also MIA mentioned "Sexodus" because she felt it was perfect for her at first then didnt so not sure if she record it or not. I LOVE MDNA...I find it such an interesting album. Ironically the songs i skip are Love Spent (which I find HORRIBLE with that stupid banjos and pseudo clever lyrics) and Masterpiece. 

Also does anyone remember when the original plan was to have it arranged like Confessions where each track was meant to flow into each other? That's why each song has a cold ending.

6 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

No, they shouldn't release a deluxe edition of MDNA at all :)

Lol you think a collection of covers would be incoherent but you would put Behind the bars on MDNA 

I love MDNA.  I will take a Expanded version of any M album.  The Orbit tracks were all very good.  

1 hour ago, DickTracy said:

She was in a little movie called Dick Tracy too. People saw it. My friends in elementary school had t-shirts and action figures. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175083861743 (as seen on PETE DAVIDSON lol)

Yes love I'm talking about after Immaculate end of 1990. Dick Tracy was June 90.