MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

They are 12 months into the deal now so it's possible they have organised some vinyl pressings for later this year or early next year with the 6 month delay on pressings. My guess would be the 40th anniversary of her music and Everybody is up next followed by the first of album reissues early next year - which could be a number of albums - Erotica 30 Ray Of Light 25 Madonna 40 etc

I’m really hoping for the first LP reissue to come out around October November.

Also Warner should start releasing audiophile pressings for her catalogue 

10 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I’m really hoping for the first LP reissue to come out around October November.

Also Warner should start releasing audiophile pressings for her catalogue 

Audiophile pressings... that would be something to look forward to. I'm just not sure if it will given enough focus since there are a lot of oddities in her tracks in terms of high resolution. @Aiwa08 and I are currently discussing it in here:

However, maybe Warner will maximize their efforts in bringing in her albums and compilations in hi-res soon as part of the reissues.

13 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Anyone who is a fan of old rare euro disco will probably enjoy Cosmic Climb as it’s a low key sub disco bopp curio with a little bit of merit. 
Not unlike something on her debut musically (Think Of Me vibes).

The rest is utterly woeful. 

I guess they were trying to cash in on her success when she blew up into the scene.

It's a good thing she abandoned ship on those songs because they're just... that. :ay:

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Anyone who is a fan of old rare euro disco will probably enjoy Cosmic Climb as it’s a low key sub disco bopp curio with a little bit of merit. 
Not unlike something on her debut musically (Think Of Me vibes).

The rest is utterly woeful. 

Agreed…..any song with “GODS GODS GODS” screamed at you HAS TO GO! 

On 8/12/2022 at 5:57 AM, steady75 said:

Everybody is the logical special release. 
I mean I’d gag for an Erotica album release but I think they’re gonna wait. Everybody featuring Britney would be a good fit. A standard vinyl reissue would seem a bit basic. I’m more interested in a comprehensive digital EP and a new dance remix from Honey Dijon. Everybody has that sort of dubby energy that Honey could really work with and bring to life. 

I wonder if we’ll see Madonna try and position Like A Prayer as a Christmas type of single. (Which is always should have been really IMO). The business woman in her must look at Mariahs annual returns and take pause.
Xmas coin is evergreen and Madonna really doesn’t have an iron in the fire. Santa Baby is not her song and the Kylie version has become the dominant version. 

Like A Prayer winter edition is a cute bit of marketing especially as it has a religious theme anyway. 

Gimme an all choir version and Madonna on a fuckin donkey in grillz  throwing dollars at the manger. 

Camp

Well, if you're catholic Lent/Easter season makes perfect sense for LAP. Not to mention it made singles like EY and Cherish even more summer-y. And Britney singing Everybody? Lawd. We truly are in dark times. I could only imagine the chaos of Britney's incoherent ramblings on instragam promoting it with fans acting as if she really doesnt belong in mental hospital with Madonna's many typos posting Aldo's Frankenstein abominations of both Madonna and Britneys heads photoshopped on some random body from the 80s.

I do think a bunch of remixes would be cute especially with retro formats like vinyl and cassettes. Btw how cute if Japan would do 3" cd singles again

40 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well, if you're catholic Lent/Easter season makes perfect sense for LAP. Not to mention it made singles like EY and Cherish even more summer-y. And Britney singing Everybody? Lawd. We truly are in dark times. I could only imagine the chaos of Britney's incoherent ramblings on instragam promoting it with fans acting as if she really doesnt belong in mental hospital with Madonna's many typos posting Aldo's Frankenstein abominations of both Madonna and Britneys heads photoshopped on some random body from the 80s.

I do think a bunch of remixes would be cute especially with retro formats like vinyl and cassettes. Btw how cute if Japan would do 3" cd singles again

Britney would suit the talking parts “ i know you been waiting i know you wanna get up” anyway its not going to happen she is too busy sucking eltons mushroom dick 

On 8/12/2022 at 2:03 AM, Ch3rish said:

She went to France on the promise that producers would make her a huge star.  Though, it didn't pan out as she hoped.  She did these back up vocals for Otto Von Wernherr because she needed money.  Included tracks called "Wild Dancing", "We are The God", "On the Street", "Time to Dance", "Cosmic Climb" and there varied remixes.  They are an easy find on youtube.  Her vocals are quite intriguing as much as bazaar. 

The Otto songs were recorded in NY I believe, as they are from 1981, by that time Madonna had already returned to the US. The original songs aren't even that horrible, they have a very daft B62 meets Klaus Nomi vibe but most of us know all the mixes that were released afterwards which put M's backing vocals and add lips in the centre. All these "songs" and remixes stem from only three tracks, Cosmic Climb, We Are The Gods and  Wild Dancing. On their own they are a unique and avant garde entry in Madonna's pre fame discography but because of the flood of stupid mixes they have become awful

9 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

The Otto songs were recorded in NY I believe, as they are from 1981, by that time Madonna had already returned to the US. The original songs aren't even that horrible, they have a very daft B62 meets Klaus Nomi vibe but most of us know all the mixes that were released afterwards which put M's backing vocals and add lips in the centre. All these "songs" and remixes stem from only three tracks, Cosmic Climb, We Are The Gods and  Wild Dancing. On their own they are a unique and avant garde entry in Madonna's pre fame discography but because of the flood of stupid mixes they have become awful

That explains why those three are my favourites, but I still (very occasionally) play Shake and Oh My🤫

9 minutes ago, mikenmark said:

That explains why those three are my favourites, but I still (very occasionally) play Shake and Oh My🤫

exactly, also those songs also make their rounds in remixed form, the originals have Otto as the main singer with M doing add lips and background vocals. Skae for instance just uses the "you better" from wild dancing where Oh My is quite an interesting mix of vocal bits from all three songs but mainly using bits from WATG. Just for your information the original track lengths are CC 4:50 WATG 3:52 WD 3:51

18 hours ago, Alpha said:

Asshole

15 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

Do we think we will get an announcement tomorrow of an Everybody/album reissue? 

I sure hope so. :)

I'll be glued to the computer with the mouse in one hand and my credit card in the other, ready for some serious shopping. :)

I expect something to happen around 3-4 pm CET, so... ;)

49 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I sure hope so. :)

I'll be glued to the computer with the mouse in one hand and my credit card in the other, ready for some serious shopping. :)

I expect something to happen around 3-4 pm CET, so... ;)

I expect myself to freak out in the middle of the afternoon when the announcement comes...

...that or we get trolled by #soon.

1 hour ago, RyanUK said:

Do we think we will get an announcement tomorrow of an Everybody/album reissue? 

No. Not only it would be messy and lost communication in the middle of the "Finally" release coming this Friday (that's the main thing this week), also the official press releases says: "Expect more surprises to be revealed later this year around the celebration of Madonna’s 40 years in music." Nothing about the birthday, in fact according to that we should wait until October for the next thing.

Let them release "Finally", exploit our wallets and then going into the next thing, but step by step.

Just now, Ch3rish said:

I doubt it. But it would be nice.  I think there is so much going on, throwing this out there at this time would get lost in the mix.

So I think it would not be a reissue but maybe the announcement of her updated certifications, the biopic then the FEL album or Q&A schedule.