MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

On 8/27/2022 at 12:55 AM, xrayeyes said:

Arioso WAS for Ray of Light.

William Orbit told me himself.

His memory might have been off that day as the song was indeed written and recorded for Music. The dates of the files present on the Unreleased DVDr prove it.

Arioso - Rough 1999-09-29

Arioso - Rough Monitor Mix 1999-11-15

These mixes were done at least 4 months after Beautiful Stranger was released. Another mix with Rupert Everett doing the background vocals also exists (a portion was used for the Wonderland TV show). As we know she recorded American Pie with him in September 1999, so he probably recorded the vocals for Arioso around that time as well (same for the unreleased vocals he laid for Time Stood Still).

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Curtains said:

His memory might have been off that day as the song was indeed written and recorded for Music. The dates of the files present on the Unreleased DVDr prove it.

These mixes were done at least 4 months after Beautiful Stranger was released. Another mix with Rupert Everett doing the background vocals also exists (a portion was used for the Wonderland TV show). As we know she recorded American Pie with him in September 1999, so he probably recorded the vocals for Arioso around that time as well (same for the unreleased vocals he laid for Time Stood Still).

I go with the man himself on this one. We have no idea how many songs were written or played with during sessions.

46 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

Sony refresh MJ certificates due his 64th birthday (August 29),  (RIAA) took to press to reveal tunes from  musical catalog have had their certification statuses updated due to astonishing and ongoing consumption on digital platforms.

Warner

Awkward Episode 2 GIF by The Office

They will update when the first reissue comes out. They'll want to brag about her sales numerous times to create hype and capture those sales. 

1 hour ago, Askeroff said:

Sony refresh MJ certificates due his 64th birthday (August 29),  (RIAA) took to press to reveal tunes from  musical catalog have had their certification statuses updated due to astonishing and ongoing consumption on digital platforms.

Warner

Awkward Episode 2 GIF by The Office

I just cannot get in to MJ as his legacy is tarnished, for me.  All of those kids were not lying.   They just weren't.  MJ's label is promoting a man that actually stood trial for hurting children and used his celebrity to get away with it.  

15 hours ago, Curtains said:

I suspect Arioso was recorded for William Orbit's Pieces In A Modern Style album as a Madonna track was rumoured to be featured on the album at the time. Since it was released 5 years pior to its 2000 re-release, maybe they thought it would boost sales (MAverick was distributing). It's so odd she chose to use a classical piece like Bach's Arioso to write a song at the same time Orbit was preparing to re-release his album. 

6 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I suspect Arioso was recorded for William Orbit's Pieces In A Modern Style album as a Madonna track was rumoured to be featured on the album at the time. Since it was released 5 years pior to its 2000 re-release, maybe they thought it would boost sales (MAverick was distributing). It's so odd she chose to use a classical piece like Bach's Arioso to write a song at the same time Orbit was preparing to re-release his album. 

I absolutely think this may be the case it’s sonically identical to that record. Good shout. 

10 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Oh wow never even thought of that! I feel it should've been a new track on GHV2

16 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I though it was well known Arioso was for Orbit’s album? 
He finally released it (with no Madonna) on Volume 2 of Pieces In A Modern Style in 2010

2 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

I though it was well known Arioso was for Orbit’s album? 
He finally released it (with no Madonna) on Volume 2 of Pieces In A Modern Style in 2010

Oh, i didn't know that ! 

To be fair the lyrics on Madonna's version are pretty weak and self absorbed "poor me celebrity" whereas she nailed that theme perfectly on Substitute For Love.

On 8/30/2022 at 10:21 AM, Sultrysully said:

I just cannot get in to MJ as his legacy is tarnished, for me.  All of those kids were not lying.   They just weren't.  MJ's label is promoting a man that actually stood trial for hurting children and used his celebrity to get away with it.  

Except none of them were telling the truth at all. One was intimidated by his father into lying about Michael, the other was not the angel the allegations painted him as, with his family having taken advantage of MJ before that, and the two so-called "victims" in the documentary Leaving Neverland had revised their stories before they created it. All of those who engineered the allegations were after money, not justice.

And just in case you have doubts about what I said: https://themichaeljacksonallegationsblog.wordpress.com/the-1993-allegations/

Edited by xpressyourself (see edit history)

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

This is a blog that doesn’t even provide sources. Not real journalism

So you think the media is the ultimate authority to anything MJ related? How easily manipulated are you to believe a doc made by two money-hungry liars, to the point where you refute all evidence to the contrary as "sourceless?" Sometimes, lies can slip through the cracks of journalism.

Is this evidence enough for you?

https://vault.fbi.gov/Michael Jackson/michael-jackson-part-08-of-08/view

Edited by xpressyourself (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, xpressyourself said:

So you think the media is the ultimate authority to anything MJ related? How easily manipulated are you to believe a doc made by two money-hungry liars, to the point where you refute all evidence to the contrary as "sourceless?" Sometimes, lies can slip through the cracks of journalism.

Is this evidence enough for you?

https://vault.fbi.gov/Michael Jackson/michael-jackson-part-08-of-08/view

When a blog cites their source as “read OUR article. read OUR article. read OUR article.” I can’t take that seriously.

Have you ever taken a writing course before or have written a thesis?

Just now, deathproof said:

When a blog cites their source as “read OUR article. read OUR article. read OUR article.”

I can’t trust that.

Have you ever taken a writing course before or have written a thesis?

If there's so much info to contain, ofc they're gonna separate it into different pages. Say what you will about the website, but I'll hold steadfast 'til the day that I die that MJ never touched anyone inappropiately. Macaulay Culkin and Brett Barnes hung out with Michael, and yet they were his biggest defenders when LN came out.

9 hours ago, steady75 said:

There have been too many nods to Erotica for it not to be the first reissue tbqhwy dallyn 

Did you notice in that Q&A posted she referenced SEX a lot and erotica sound bytes were played a lot?  I am hoping she does a collectors edition of SEX with unreleased photos like Warner wanted her to do years ago