MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

3 hours ago, luluthecat said:

Exactly. But I can't for the life of me understand the cassette tape resurgence......are they kinda cute...I guess? I've got the Madame X cassette, it looks homemade, such poor quality artwork :lol:

I think it's because cassettes are cute. Most of the recent cassettes I have (Madonna, Kylie, Spice Girls) all look very cheap tbh.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Lucky90210 said:

Yes true and most people have a decent cd system - like the car for example. Vinyl is an antiquated money grab

Most people don't have CD players anymore. God knows they don't make any decent CD decks anymore.  At this point more people probably own turntables due to the vinyl resurgence. 

1 hour ago, brank000 said:

Most people don't have CD players anymore. God knows they don't make any decent CD decks anymore.  At this point more people probably own turntables due to the vinyl resurgence. 

What’s the point of CD decks today? You can just rip a CD and play the digital clone through your system

There was a time when a physical music collection was a visual description of an individual, and a unique stamp that made everyone different. That doesnt exist anymore. No one goes around asking to look at someones phone to see what playlists are saved on someones Spotify account.

15 hours ago, steady75 said:

In a rental & subscription world where young people can’t afford houses and cars there is an innate desire to hold something tangible in your hands. Something inanimate that means something to you. Vinyl is an emotional purchase response to an increasingly transient world. 

Perhaps they should put that money towards a house and car instead, rather than collect 10 versions of the same album.

11 hours ago, deathproof said:

There was a time when a physical music collection was a visual description of an individual, and a unique stamp that made everyone different. That doesnt exist anymore. No one goes around asking to look at someones phone to see what playlists are saved on someones Spotify account.

Yes. Now, all they do is look at your linkree on insta to see if you have an only fans or not....

On 9/29/2022 at 1:41 PM, Lucky90210 said:

Yes true and most people have a decent cd system - like the car for example. Vinyl is an antiquated money grab.

I don’t know anyone who still has a cd player 😂 it’s all about vinyl as physical format. Everyone I know uses their Spotify account in their car. Do car stereo systems still exist?

1 hour ago, TOpher said:

I don’t know anyone who still has a cd player 😂 it’s all about vinyl as physical format. Everyone I know uses their Spotify account in their car. Do car stereo systems still exist?

Also 'having a car' it's such an american state of mind. The rest of the world don't get a driver license at 16, they just get drunk instead.

On 10/2/2022 at 10:08 AM, TOpher said:

I own a cd player..and mp3 player..a cassette player...a record player etc.. I love my cds and I'm not giving them up for streaming. I stream on occasion. I like having a tangible item, so if my internet goes down..I still can have access to my music. I also have a pretty sweet car stereo. I like burning my own cds and playing them in the car. I'm old so that's also part of it, but Ive always been a huge music lover and I like having options and how I listen to it. There is nothing wrong with streaming and digital. I just really like knowing I have tangible back ups just in case.

23 minutes ago, Sergio Guarino said:

Is it because of timing zone, or Madonna is not supporting “Everybody” anniversary on her instagram ?

She is busy destroying another of her classic hit and probably remixing Ray of Light feat. Tokishita and Oh Father (Sickfuck 2022 remix), if we are lucky maybe giving us new song in 2033 (promo starting this December) called Candy Grilzzzzz feat. Awkwafina #soon

28 minutes ago, Sergio Guarino said:

Is it because of timing zone, or Madonna is not supporting “Everybody” anniversary on her instagram ?

Timing zone. US daytime has just started. I'm sure we'll see a 40th anniversary press release, also on madonna.com, in the next few hours - and her socials, too.

4 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

I think she is in the uk 
i dont know why we expect madonna to make a song and dance about these anniversary's etc ..shes not interested and it shows 

But surely she has help with her socials, even if she posts herself from time to time. I'm sure all the info about new releases, stats, chart info, links, etc. comes from the press team.