MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Not everything has been bad. We've have lots of old singles uploaded on digital platforms, some of them with rare promo-only remixes hard to get even back when the original singles were released. Also remastered HD videos, not always perfect but rather good for the most part - especially if we compare them to the video remasters of other pop artists like Mariah or Janet. Plus "Finally Enough Love" and little things like the "Who's That Girl" Super Club Mix vinyl, or the reissue of the "Erotica" deleted picture disc or "Everybody".

We're tired of waiting for the first proper album reissue but let's try to see the big picture also.

I think this is a proof of how lazy they are actually. We all love the single reissue campaign but... It has been a little weird, no pattern followed and it seems to be stopped for now (I don't know if Everybody counts (?). The HD videos are quite questionable, just a few of them looks actually good. Finally Enough Love was good IMO. And this silence around the reissues is tiring. An update would be nice, but we know nothing and it's been more than a year, come on now.
They are doing the bare minimum and it's sad, this is Madonna and her legacy deserves better.:Madonna032:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Not everything has been bad. We've have lots of old singles uploaded on digital platforms, some of them with rare promo-only remixes hard to get even back when the original singles were released. Also remastered HD videos, not always perfect but rather good for the most part - especially if we compare them to the video remasters of other pop artists like Mariah or Janet. Plus "Finally Enough Love" and little things like the "Who's That Girl" Super Club Mix vinyl, or the reissue of the "Erotica" deleted picture disc or "Everybody".

We're tired of waiting for the first proper album reissue but let's try to see the big picture also.

They could have played more with the first single and Ain’t no big deal (unless the “extras” for the first album release are so little that they are saving them for that).

Everybody has the Rusty remixes they could use (unless M still hates them and doesn’t want them to be re-released)...

plus will see what happens with those bunch of Steve Bray demos (80-81) if they will ever see the light of the day... is she still in good terms with Steve?

to me Steve is/was a genious talented guy, Madonna owes him a lot for building up her career: he was basically behind every song and could never produce anything until 1985 as he recalls here

13 minutes ago, Sergio Guarino said:

They could have played more with the first single and Ain’t no big deal (unless the “extras” for the first album release are so little that they are saving them for that).

Everybody has the Rusty remixes they could use (unless M still hates them and doesn’t want them to be re-released)...

plus will see what happens with those bunch of Steve Bray demos (80-81) if they will ever see the light of the day... is she still in good terms with Steve?

to me Steve is/was a genious talented guy, Madonna owes him a lot for building up her career: he was basically behind every song and could never produce anything until 1985 as he recalls here

She was lucky and/or smart enough to be around the right people. But I don't like that whole narrative too much, to be honest. That this person o that person "made" her. They made each other, in any case. Before and during the first album, except Reggie Lucas, all of them were "nobodies" back then. She gave all of them as much as they gave to her.

Bray seems like a cool guy, though. I don't know if she can't forgive (or has forgiven) the whole "Pre-Madonna" betrayal, I hope she does.

It'd been nice if, say, they'd decided to innovate a bit and launch the re-issue campaign with a remix contest for Erotica (the song).

Release the stems, let fans have their dirty way with them. Put them up on Digital Platforms.

It might have been a great way to get an Extended 12" mix of Erotica (something I really wish Shep had done and released...we got them for every other single,  almost).

Get the fans involved. Maybe then we'll be more willing to pay 400$ to see her show. lol

14 minutes ago, Simonsays said:

do warners own the rights to everybody and aint no big deal , i thought it was sire - could this be the issue ? maybe madonna just doesnt like the song lol ..you see her face when everybody started when she sang it on the mdna show , she was like "wtf is this "- i dont think she is a fan much of her first albums neither am i to be honest 

Sire is Warner. Everything released since "Everybody" up until "Celebration" is Warner. :)

29 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

So far 2022 sucks for my 3 idols - no Prince reissue box set , a lazy MJ thriller cd with still no remastered thriller video and M shits on us with T-shirts , cringe videos and remixes and sweet FA for her 40th anniversary 

At least with MJ Thriller they changed the shitty artwork. 😂 

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

So far 2022 sucks for my 3 idols - no Prince reissue box set , a lazy MJ thriller cd with still no remastered thriller video and M shits on us with T-shirts , cringe videos and remixes and sweet FA for her 40th anniversary 

At least Thriller is getting a MoFi special edition, I know you're not a fan of vinyl but that's a real treat for those of us who are. Don't forget M surprised us all with her minimum input NFT project "Flowers up my fanjita" earlier in the year

4 hours ago, Simonsays said:

do warners own the rights to everybody and aint no big deal , i thought it was sire - could this be the issue ? maybe madonna just doesnt like the song lol ..you see her face when everybody started when she sang it on the mdna show , she was like "wtf is this "- i dont think she is a fan much of her first albums neither am i to be honest 

Sorry dear, but I'm afraid there's so much ignorance in this post of yours :scary:

On 10/8/2022 at 9:51 AM, heartcore said:

It's disappointing we've gotten such little news or really anything substantialaside from Finally Enough Love. I wish Madonna would do something similar to what Mariah did with her #MC30 and #Butterfly20 campaigns.

I think a lot of people feel this way, and I think that people just need to settle down a bit and be patient.  FEL has been out for what, two months?

On 10/8/2022 at 2:51 PM, heartcore said:

It's disappointing we've gotten such little news or really anything substantialaside from Finally Enough Love. I wish Madonna would do something similar to what Mariah did with her #MC30 and #Butterfly20 campaigns.

8 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

I think a lot of people feel this way, and I think that people just need to settle down a bit and be patient.  FEL has been out for what, two months?

If Madonna released anything like the bonus material Mariah released for Butterfly#25, there would be riots...

4 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

If Madonna released anything like the bonus material Mariah released for Butterfly#25, there would be riots...

Same for the Velvet Rope reissue that came out last week--the bonus content is just remixes! (I'm a more cursory Janet fan so I wasn't really bothered and enjoyed revisiting the album, but seeing that I had to think 'Hooo boy, imagine the bitching from Madonna fans if this is what we get for an album reissue.')

25 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I just want a nice shiny box set like Prince has been putting out - unreleased songs and a full concert in best quality 🥺

At this point, like you, I have no great expectations. I really wish only Warning Signs, the HQ version of Each Time You Break My Heart, the full Virgin Tour and hopefully some Like a Prayer demos. 

1 hour ago, lap said:

At this point, like you, I have no great expectations. I really wish only Warning Signs, the HQ version of Each Time You Break My Heart, the full Virgin Tour and hopefully some Like a Prayer demos. 

You forgot to wish for a studio version of Give It 2 Me/ Gangnam Style

It is probably very difficult for Madonna to engage in retrospective activities.  Maybe greatest hits collections and repackaged material feel less like art and more like retirement for her.  She has always been about creating, not reflecting.  This has to be hard at a level.  "It just has to be".....

8 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

It is probably very difficult for Madonna to engage in retrospective activities.  Maybe greatest hits collections and repackaged material feel less like art and more like retirement for her.  She has always been about creating, not reflecting.  This has to be hard at a level.  "It just has to be".....

Well she’s been writing a biopic about her life/career for several years now and released various new remixes of her old songs. But I do believe she has exhausted her interest in looking back as a result, That is why I’m not expecting much input from her in whatever we get next as far as this Warner deal goes.

Time to move onto a new album/era instead!

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Well she’s been writing a biopic about her life/career for several years now and released various new remixes of her old songs. But I do believe she has exhausted her interest in looking back as a result, That is why I’m not expecting much input from her in whatever we get next as far as this Warner deal goes.

Time to move onto a new album/era instead!

She can't abandon a deal with Warner just because she's bored!

I think alot has been prepared, and they're just waiting for the right moment to release it.