MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

38 minutes ago, Celebration said:

She can't abandon a deal with Warner just because she's bored!

I didn't say that.

But I'm doubtful she signed a contract saying "must personally curate re-releases of past albums and provide unreleased material for each release." She can easily pass it over to others to compile but I am sure it all requires her approval. So what was announced in the press release isn't a given.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I didn't say that.

But I'm doubtful she signed a contract saying "must personally curate re-releases of past albums and provide unreleased material for each release." She can easily pass it over to others to compile but I am sure it all requires her approval. So what was announced in the press release isn't a given.

And I think it was a condition for her to agree to do these re-releases. I don't think they can do anything without her supervising and approving of everything. You know what a control freak she is.

Maybe it's a great thing. Maybe she'll deliver amazing stuff... :)

2 hours ago, vadge said:

I think the idea that Madonna hates looking back and is constantly moving forward is a little outdated.

Rebel Heart is full of self-references and she was constantly posting 80s/90s throwbacks at the time. Not to mention visiting her archive for whatever reason, and filling RHT with old songs. Levitating remix originally included a Lucky Star reference and of course we have the Frozen, Material Gworl and Hung Up reinventions. All her recent interviews/speeches mentioning old stories.. The biopic... Working through 50 mostly old remixes that no one even asked for, and now the eventual reissues thing. That Madonna is definitely d word.

I really hope she has exhausted her interest in looking back. Let professionals (not Mike Dean and Aldo Diaz) deal with the reissues and focus on a creatively inspired album and tour queen!

I thought that too. But she literally said in an interview a few months ago that she was tired of "living in the past" or something to that effect. 

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

Everyone’s doing anniversary re-releases, except Madonna lol

tho this one is lame as fuck

Lmao the extra tracks are terrible omg. That's kind of hilarious. Poor Xtina fans.

Knowing Madonna, she'll probably tack Fighting Spirit onto the end of Confessions and call it a day :Madonna017:

Madonna overseeing will literally be someone from the label going in with designs and concepts and her going yes no remove add. It’ll be a two hour process per record with a few amends and done. 
She’s not personally remastering tracks or up in her loft digging shit out. 

Maybe for the first album but certainly not the rest. Record company people will be reaching out to past collaborators and stuff. 

Maybe a foreword. A paragraph at most. Don’t expect line by line dissections of how the songs were constructed and stuff.  

Three unreleased bonus tracks tops.

Two Alt unreleased mixes

Three/ four old mixes

Two “demos” are released tracks. 

I’ll bet that’s your lot for disc two 

30 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Madonna overseeing will literally be someone from the label going in with designs and concepts and her going yes no remove add. It’ll be a two hour process per record with a few amends and done. 
She’s not personally remastering tracks or up in her loft digging shit out. 

Maybe for the first album but certainly not the rest. Record company people will be reaching out to past collaborators and stuff. 

Maybe a foreword. A paragraph at most. Don’t expect line by line dissections of how the songs were constructed and stuff.  

Three unreleased bonus tracks tops.

Two Alt unreleased mixes

Three/ four old mixes

Two “demos” are released tracks. 

I’ll bet that’s your lot for disc two 

All this sounds amazing to me. If we get three unreleased songs and two remixes for each album it’s great. 
And bringing back some of the OGs to have an input would be a dream, but I doubt they’ll put in all that effort.

For Erotica it would be amazing if they include the Erotica Diaries with all those Polaroids in high res.

Imo Debut is her least interesting work to date, if they really skip Erotica 30th and ROL 25th for it, imma head out fr... But maybe it's a good thing? Cause if this happens, Debut would be the very first reissue and they would use it to test the fans reaction to what we will get, if it's bad, they might do better for the next projects and we won't lose much stuff (do you really think this album has much unreleased content? A few songs at best imo) 

10 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Imo Debut is her least interesting work to date, if they really skip Erotica 30th and ROL 25th for it, imma head out fr... But maybe it's a good thing? Cause if this happens, Debut would be the very first reissue and they would use it to test the fans reaction to what we will get, if it's bad, they might do better for the next projects and we won't lose much stuff (do you really think this album has much unreleased content? A few songs at best imo) 

Debut and Like A Virgin are the most fascinating to me. We know so little about those periods creatively and all the stuff leading up to her getting signed and stuff forming part of the debut release would be an absolute dream for me. Probably more than anything else I want those PreMadonna tracks brought into the fold official. It’s actually something I think she’s really proud of. Her focus is generally always on the beginning of her career when she looks back fondly. 

So yeah Like A Prayer to Erotica are my favourite albums but the early machine and creation of a megastar are definitely the most closely guarded in terms of what we know musically. That’s where it’s at for me. 

18 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I think the Madonna album has a lot of potential for a reissue, probably there are many demos... I don't know what their plans are tho, I remember Madonna saying she was hurt when the RH demos leaked because they were unfinished songs or something like that... I don't know if she'll agree to release demos.
Either way, if Madonna is actually the first reissue we'll have to wait until middle of the next year... When the announcement about reissues was like... 14 months ago? 🤡

42 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I think the Madonna album has a lot of potential for a reissue, probably there are many demos... I don't know what their plans are tho, I remember Madonna saying she was hurt when the RH demos leaked because they were unfinished songs or something like that... I don't know if she'll agree to release demos.
Either way, if Madonna is actually the first reissue we'll have to wait until middle of the next year... When the announcement about reissues was like... 14 months ago? 🤡

I think that the bonus tracks and b-sides will be incorporated in the albums. Finished unreleased tracks (Liquid Love, Run, Across the Sky, Latte) could also be included and it would be nice to have them. I don’t expect tons of unreleased tracks to be on these reissues to be honest, even though I’d be very curious to hear the unreleased songs from the True Blue and Like a Prayer era more than anything else! :) 

I think my main question will be whether they decide to make much of the special edition content largely physical format only. The messy stuff starts to happen when it's split between steaming / digital / physical platforms. My biggest hope for all this is that Madonnas legacy fully moves into the future and they bring everything into the light. which means streaming platforms. Box sets for the lifelong cigs but a streaming onslaught. 

I also hate messily organised streaming pages with incorrect dates and stuff so her You Tube, Spotify, Apple music platforms etc need to be treated with the reverence of a museum. 

That True Blue anniversary needs replacing in 1986 and the Like A Prayer special edition is under compilations of all places. 

Jump comes after Hung Up and before Sorry. In fact all those Confessions singles need a tidy up. 

Turn Up The Radio comes before GMAYL and Girl Gone Wild

Ghostown before Living For Love

Two versions of MDNA and Rebel Heart 

That odd Who's That Girl tour missing Holiday at the end comes before the OST.

and those Early Years Otto Von doo dah shite are actually forming part of her discography official is weird around 1989. 

You really think they'd get that shit moved off her platform or at least have it at the beginning or in compilations. 

Ooh its all over the bleedin place I tell thee.

I also think Spotify need a LIVE section personally. 

New fans coming to look at her back cataloge really need a cohesive timeline for her studio albums. It's a bit chaotic and overwhelming. 

Madonna is an artist. She is also a control freak. She is also very Frugal when it comes to money whether it be spending it or saving it. She hates looking back at past Music Projects. And her relationships / friendships with previous collaborators have either completely broken down or is strained in most cases. Take into the mix that Record companies want to make as much money and also to save as much money too. Those people working for the Record Companies involved at present, weren't around in Madonna's heyday. They may also be fairly uninterested in her music catalogue. And therefore have very poor insight into what is available and where to find it.

If you look at each Madonna album, there is a plethora of official mixes, which are still not available digitally or are promo only. Can the master tapes for these mixes be found? Look at past Greatest hit Compilations. Repeated use of Immaculate Collection Versions and newly created cut and paste versions used. Why not use the original masters. Maybe they are lost, stolen or can't be located. Maybe it's more cost effective to reuse readily available and DIY mixes.

Finally enough Love 50 number ones is the first taster of what is to come. A great compilation for fans and casual buyers. Everything on it is fairly familiar and easy to obtain, Keep it Together is the only new track. Is it a previously unreleased version or is it a Mike Dean (Madonna didn't like the original outro) re edit. It was probably the most cost-effective way to showcase Madonna's 50 dance number ones on a compilation.

If we were to go on this theory and the First Album was to be the next deluxe edition, then the track listing might look like this,

CD1

Lucky Star (Album version)

Borderline (Album Version)

Burning Up (Common Album Version / Video Version)

I Know It (Album Version)

Holiday (Album Version)

Think Of Me (Album Version)

Physical Attraction (Album Version)

Everybody (Album Version)

CD2

Lucky Star (US Extended Dance mix)

Borderline (Extended Dance Mix)

Burning Up (12” Version)

Everybody (US Dub Mix)

Borderline (Dub Version)

Everybody (Instrumental)

CD3

Lucky Star (Replica 7” Version / Edit)

Borderline (7” Version / Edit)

Burning Up (Dance Mix Edit)

Holiday (Edit)

Physical Attraction (Edit)

Everybody (Edit)

Ain't No Big Deal (Reggie Lucas Version)

DVD

With remastered videos and throw in a couple of early live performances if they can be brushed up but keep the costs down!

Notes

Lucky Star (7” Version / Edit) Have they lost the master tapes? It's never been used since the eighties all versions appearing on Compilations are not it.

Borderline (Remix Edit / It's That Girl Version) A version created specifically for that compilation and can no longer be located, only fans know of its existence)

Burning Up (Original Album Version) just like Lucky Star (Edit) or like Borderline (Remix Edit) only fans know of its existence, is Madonna really going to remember this version after all this time?)

Everybody (UK Remixes) Madonna still thinks they're Sh*t. And doesn't see the point in throwing any money Rusty Egan's way.

Ain't No Big Deal (Reggie Lucas Version) well we already have this version so let's remaster it and put it out again! The other versions are probably lost and have been forgotten about.

Demos made during the recording process. In Madonna's eyes she's an artist and these versions are unfinished and don't sound good enough to be released to the general public. Or they're out there on sharing platforms go there if you want to hear them but we're not going to waste money polishing them up.

Roll on Like A Virgin. Warning signs, Warner's don't even own it. Can the master be located or is it lost / stolen?  Needless to say it's never surfaced after all these years. Madonna probably hates it. Or would have to grovel to Steve Bray to get his permission to use it. And also have to pay him some money in the process.

And it goes on and on...........