MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I mean we’ve already had Everybody 40, Erotica 30, You Can Dance 35 incoming Thurs and Finally Enough Cigs. It’s not like they’re sitting in their hands. They building anticipation. I can see a big Xmas present on the horizon. Xmas market is big. 

Do you mean this Christmas period or the next one?

This one. People spend hella money In between Xmas and new year. People get money for Xmas / bored and go shopping online. I mean it’s unlikely but I’m trying to be optimistic. Announcing an Erotica special edition on Xmas day with a Where Life Begins remix with Cardi B would be so fucking Madonna. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

This one. People spend hella money In between Xmas and new year. People get money for Xmas / bored and go shopping online. I mean it’s unlikely but I’m trying to be optimistic. Announcing an Erotica special edition on Xmas day with a Where Life Begins remix with Cardi B would be so fucking Madonna. 

I think we’ve already had the “Christmas season” releases for this year. Erotica picture disc and Everybody RSD release.

7 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

so far this re-issue campaign sucks - 2022 is nearly coming to close and nothing on my wish list was released this year:

no unreleased demos or concerts.

and in general, no wtg, panic room, the abyss or true lies blu ray :(

Lol you’re contradicting yourself. You say the RE-issue campaign sucks cause there no UNreleased demos. 
We've had a ton of digital reissues, three vinyl singles, HD videos and a full GH compilation. I think that’s a pretty packed year. 
I think it’s smart that they spread out and put out lots of different stuff to cover a wide range of tastes. 
If nothing they did so far worked for you it seems like a you issue

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Lol you’re contradicting yourself. You say the RE-issue campaign sucks cause there no UNreleased demos. 
We've had a ton of digital reissues, three vinyl singles, HD videos and a full GH compilation. I think that’s a pretty packed year. 
I think it’s smart that they spread out and put out lots of different stuff to cover a wide range of tastes. 
If nothing they did so far worked for you it seems like a you issue

A lot of fans expected unreleased songs and deluxe album reissues by now. Everything we’ve gotten is stuff we already have in some form so it’s not that exciting for some.

Its a rough time being a fan of the royal trinity right now. Either the 500th Thriller Anniversary, some mediocre vault album that should never have been released or videos labelled as remastered that look like shit. Pure greed rules the MJ and Prince estates unlike at Madonna's camp where its just a matter of incompetence.

4 hours ago, moloko said:

we'll never get something like this. 😒

FhitbOiXwAISMdH.jpeg

This is AMAZING! Surely whoever made this masterpiece used a real master, restored it and then brought it to HD with professional programs (as far as Madonna is concerned, if they continue to use rotten videos, because her team never has anything, use cheap programs to bring them to HD the results will always be the same , they can also continue to put the HD logo on it but her videos have nothing of true HD ).This is a job well done.

the only notable videos about her in HD are those from Tidal (or supposedly HD), those on her official You Tube channel are outrageously compressed.Otherwise the best ever that I have never understood if they are real Masters or not are those in HDX, which have a remarkable quality :

243.jpg

244.jpg

245.jpg

246.jpg

14 minutes ago, ma(x) said:

This is AMAZING! Surely whoever made this masterpiece used a real master, restored it and then brought it to HD with professional programs (as far as Madonna is concerned, if they continue to use rotten videos, because her team never has anything, use cheap programs to bring them to HD the results will always be the same , they can also continue to put the HD logo on it but her videos have nothing of true HD ).This is a job well done.

Thriller was shot on film, which has a higher resolution than 4K. This was not an upscale.

1 hour ago, Just Smaug said:

Thriller was shot on film, which has a higher resolution than 4K. This was not an upscale.

Madonna's videos were shot on film too though. Even Mary Lambert commented about these recent upscales saying it was a shame they weren't doing it properly.

I'm guessing that the technology is changing so fast that they are holding off on the extensive upgrades for another couple of years and doing upscales as a compromise. Maybe they're predicting it will be much faster and cheaper in a couple of years and they're waiting it out until they can re-do her entire catalogue.

1 minute ago, Bjonkers said:

I'm guessing that the technology is changing so fast that they are holding off on the extensive upgrades for another couple of years and doing upscales as a compromise. Maybe they're predicting it will be much faster and cheaper in a couple of years and they're waiting it out until they can re-do her entire catalogue.

Well the upgrades they are doing are at least better than the 480p that they’ve been for years. I’d say the quality is as good as watching an official dvd now. I’m sure the upscale/remaster police would say otherwise 😂

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Madonna's videos were shot on film too though. Even Mary Lambert commented about these recent upscales saying it was a shame they weren't doing it properly.

Exactly! of course they were shot on film, but it is clear that Madonna's team is made up of incompetents who treat her historical videos with carelessness, her Official You Tube account is horrendous.. you find the HD logo in the video previews  and then if you play this is the result:

HD.jpg

23d1b8d4e491ae43f2b7bc9645c29aba.gif

the excuse is always the same, they don' t have the masters,they've lost them, they've been damaged bla bla bla, Justify my Love HD and Cherish HD looks like someone took buckets of white paint, and Everyboy HD looks like someone jumped on her and smashed her against the wall !

compressed.gif

Here's the famous Warner MASTER TAPE :

tapedamage_VHS-1500@2x-db3436023d5dd7d38

7 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

A lot of fans expected unreleased songs and deluxe album reissues by now. Everything we’ve gotten is stuff we already have in some form so it’s not that exciting for some.

Yes but my point is fans should not EXPECT things that are beyond the scope of this campaign and were never promised.  
I mean we should all criticize whatever shortcomings there are and say what we’d ideally love to get so these releases keep improving. But saying that everything they’ve done so far sucks is extreme.

These types of fans will always complain no matter what. I’m sure if we got unreleased stuff they would complain it’s not more, or whatever specific demos they are expecting are not there or it doesn’t sound good etc. 

I’m pretty sure when the Erotica and Everybody records were announced @wtg1987 complained about not getting enough digital EPs. Since then we got a bunch of those but apparently now those suck too…

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

MJ always cared about the technical aspects and his legacy. So it only makes sense his work was preserved better. 
Meanwhile Madonna never really care about this and she was always looking ahead. 
I don’t think in 1985 she cared about preserving the film reels for Material Girl or even knew anything about that. 

3 hours ago, Babooshka said:

Star Wars fans organize crowndfundings to scan lots of  35mm reels of the original trilogy in 4K and Warner can't pay to scan  reels from shorts music vídeos of The Madonna? 

You are missing something really important... There are a lot of 35mm reels of Star Wars and they can be bought in Ebay. Have you ever seem a 35mm reel of Madonna's video-clips? Never! (except maybe "Material Girl" and "Dress You Up" created for "Desperately seeking Susan").