MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

4 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Fr wtf was that supposed to mean I'm still so perplexed about that response :rip:

I wouldn't take ANYTHING from Rhino's Twitter account seriously, honestly. All gifs and "funny" replies.

No idea who's behind but they don't know what they talk about.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I wouldn't take ANYTHING from Rhino's Twitter account seriously, honestly. All gifs and "funny" replies.

No idea who's behind but they don't know what they talk about.

I don't know - it would be hard to get Madonna's approval on things particularly with re issues.

We still don't know what exactly it was referencing and why. If it was about 'sharing' the track list of digital releases - why care now when it's been done since it started. It does confuse me, you'd want to create hype and by sharing a track list, doesn't mean someone can stream it ahead of its release - like everyone will stream it the day it comes out - so I don't really know what that's about.

I don't think any other 'confidential' information has been shared either - nothing has been shared about any of the up coming album re-releases - other than speculation that the 40th will come first.

39 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I don't know - it would be hard to get Madonna's approval on things particularly with re issues.

We still don't know what exactly it was referencing and why. If it was about 'sharing' the track list of digital releases - why care now when it's been done since it started. It does confuse me, you'd want to create hype and by sharing a track list, doesn't mean someone can stream it ahead of its release - like everyone will stream it the day it comes out - so I don't really know what that's about.

I don't think any other 'confidential' information has been shared either - nothing has been shared about any of the up coming album re-releases - other than speculation that the 40th will come first.

Nothing has been really leaked about the first big reissue so I guess it's it was all about the info of the next digital singles, then they all got confused and no one cared to investigate what was really happening (which was basically nothing xd). Maybe M or someone from her team saw something on social media about the next upcoming release and thought it was being leaked or something and complained to Warner/Rhino. And Rhino instead of doing their job (see that nothing was really happening and that it all was actually hype for the singles), just went with the narrative.

They all need fresh new people on their teams... I mean this is a big misunderstanding about nothing and even if M saw something and - rightfully so, after the 2014 situation - panicked, someone from her team and/or Warner should have explained to her that it was actually nothing and why.

My take, of course I could be wrong and maybe they have a point and there's s**t going behind the scenes.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Nothing has been really leaked about the first big reissue so I guess it's it was all about the info of the next digital singles, then they all got confused and no one cared to investigate what was really happening (which was basically nothing xd). Maybe M or someone from her team saw something on social media about the next upcoming release and thought it was being leaked or something and complained to Warner/Rhino. And Rhino instead of doing their job (see that nothing was really happening and that it all was actually hype for the singles), just went with the narrative.

They all need fresh new people on their teams... I mean this is a big misunderstanding about nothing and even if M saw something and - rightfully so, after the 2014 situation - panicked, someone from her team and/or Warner should have explained to her that it was actually nothing and why.

My take, of course I could be wrong and maybe they have a point and there's s**t going behind the scenes.

Yea I agree, I think it was a mis understanding - someone on her team, saw something, assumed info was being leaked that should not have and it created a storm in a tea cup.

Anyway, what's next - does anyone know if we are getting another this week?

2 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Yea I agree, I think it was a mis understanding - someone on her team, saw something, assumed info was being leaked that should not have and it created a storm in a tea cup.

Anyway, what's next - does anyone know if we are getting another this week?

We're still waiting for the already confirmed "Ray Of Light" HD upscale, that should come next week? And maybe "La Isla Bonita" too, since the digital single was released...

About the digital singles, if they want to keep going with the "Ray Of Light 25" anniversary we could have "Nothing Really Matters", "Drowned World/Substitute For Love" or "The Power Of Good-Bye" in the next few weeks.

And of course "American Life" 20th anniversary is coming in April, fingers crossed for all the digital singles of that album then...

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

We're still waiting for the already confirmed "Ray Of Light" HD upscale, that should come next week? And maybe "La Isla Bonita" too, since the digital single was released...

About the digital singles, if they want to keep going with the "Ray Of Light 25" anniversary we could have "Nothing Really Matters", "Drowned World/Substitute For Love" or "The Power Of Good-Bye" in the next few weeks.

And of course "American Life" 20th anniversary is coming in April, fingers crossed for all the digital singles of that album then...

I'm so exciting for NRM!!! Yes, true the HD videos - amazing times ahead!

40 minutes ago, Kacper said:

I just wonder what Madonna gonna do with her compilations. What plans she has for exclusives for these albums like Rescue Me, Justify My Love, I Want You, One More Chance etc.  She's not gonna abandon them in this remaster campaign...yeah?

I would think so yes - why remaster compilation albums if the albums they originally came from are supposedly being reissued ? I certainly don’t need to hear the dreadful one more chance again 😂😂 that song has gorrrrne from my memory 

I love rescue me though but I just don’t see her acknowledging theses types of songs - clearly she hates it as she dropped it from the set list and gave us the most pointless interlude ever for it 😢

3 hours ago, Kacper said:

I just wonder what Madonna gonna do with her compilations. What plans she has for exclusives for these albums like Rescue Me, Justify My Love, I Want You, One More Chance etc.  She's not gonna abandon them in this remaster campaign...yeah?

Hopefully she completely forgets about One More Chance :silly:

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I certainly don’t need to hear the dreadful one more chance again

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

Hopefully she completely forgets about One More Chance

Why One More Chance, it's beautiful song. I love acoustic guitar and her raw vocals deliver powerful emotion. But I Can't Forget is better, I wish it was instead of One More Chance. 

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I would think so yes - why remaster compilation albums if the albums they originally came from are supposedly being reissued ?

I don't wanna I Want You and Orchestral to be left behind. Something to Remember has to be remastered and reissued. How many remasters are planned anyway? 

13 minutes ago, Kacper said:

Something to Remember has to be remastered and reissued. How many remasters are planned anyway? 

There has been no specific mention of how many albums will be reissued.  According to the original press statement; it said Madonna would "personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more."  

The whole deal was to bring all her albums and singles under one roof including the Interscope albums by 2025. The whole deal encompasses her whole catalog, which said to include compilations, soundtracks, live albums and singles. 

On top of the expansive deluxe re-issues, it stated it would also include unique releases for special events, etc.  I expect FEL falls under this. 

I guess they can keep the compilations IF they don't want to, say, put I'll Remember on Bedtime Stories, Playground on Erotica and so on...

They could even use GHV2 to house Beautiful Stranger, American Pie and Time Stood Still instead of Music.

Immaculate and You Can Dance need to be treated like studio albums since the versions used on both are exclusive. 

37 minutes ago, Kacper said:

Why One More Chance, it's beautiful song. I love acoustic guitar and her raw vocals deliver powerful emotion. But I Can't Forget is better, I wish it was instead of One More Chance. 

I don't wanna I Want You and Orchestral to be left behind. Something to Remember has to be remastered and reissued. How many remasters are planned anyway? 

Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard during the chorus. I have never cared for that song.

27 minutes ago, diegolcl said:

They could even use GHV2 to house Beautiful Stranger, American Pie and Time Stood Still instead of Music

They'd better fix GHV2 and put Thunderpuss MegaMix on it.

And I hope they get rid of American Pie from Music and put it on second CD or whatever because it doesn't fit hell the album. We all know she was mad as hell when Warner included it on Music.

13 minutes ago, Kacper said:

And I hope they get rid of American Pie from Music and put it on second CD or whatever because it doesn't fit hell the album. We all know she was mad as hell when Warner included it on Music.

In Europe at least it made perfect sense: her cover of "American Pie" had been one of the biggest songs of that year here and a #1 hit. I wasn't surprised at all when I saw it included. Pair that with another #1 single, "Music", and you have an album release with two #1 hit singles already. That HELPED a lot back then when you had to convince people to spend 15-18 $/£/€ on an album (well, there wasn't even € yet then haha).

And it worked in Europe: "Music" sold 1.640.000 copies in the UK alone (!!), plus 900.000 in France, 600.000 in Germany, 200.000 in both Italy and Spain... She could complain all she wanted about "American Pie" on "Music" but it did what it had to do.

Plus a 10-track album in 2000 would have been... short. 11 was still short but acceptable.

It was all about money in the end: "American Pie" in it meant she had to share also album royalties with Don McLean and she was obviously pissed off about that.